Author Topic: Team Go Dog, Go! Modified Partial Streamliners  (Read 1448237 times)

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
Re: Team Go Dog, Go! Modified Partial Streamliners
« Reply #3735 on: January 20, 2021, 10:39:59 AM »
WW,

Where did you find them?
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #3736 on: January 20, 2021, 12:54:17 PM »

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #3737 on: January 22, 2021, 11:51:36 PM »
These pictures from a 2021 test at Jerez Spain show the latest in aerodynamic aids.  Note the wings and other contraptions to make downforce and the brake rotor covers.
https://www.motogp.com/en/gallery/2021/01/22/motogp-stars-return-to-action-in-jerez/360426

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #3738 on: February 09, 2021, 11:58:24 AM »
The engine is done.  The standard 7,300 rev limit was used for a few years until all problems with it were fixed.  The gudgeon pin seizing in the rod small end and cracked pistons were the main issues.  An 8,000 rpm redline was tried after those problems were fixed.  Rod big end shell life was an issue.  Attempts were made to fix that problem with no success.  Annual replacement was the solution.  The redline was raised to 9,000 rpm.  The bolts holding the crankcases together loosened.  A crank with a different firing order was used, the counterbalancers were removed, upgraded case bolts were installed, and the case bolt tightening procedure was revised.  This cured the loosening problem.  The new crank partially cured the rod big end bearing problem.  The redline will be is raised to either 9,500 or 10,000 rpm this year.  It depends on the peak power rpm.  New rods with stronger bolts and caps and polished crank journals are the reliability upgrade changes.  Kibblewhite redid the valve spring setup for the higher rpm.  It took fourteen years to get to this point.  Cranking compression with dry bore was 165 psi on both sides.  It was 210 psi on both with some auto trans fluid lubricating the cylinder walls.

An endemic problem with the federal government, regardless of the party in power, is spending too much money that they do not have.  Those clowns have no ability to live within a budget.  This is especially true of the bunch that is in power now.  My fear is big tax increase or a currency devaluation, or both.  It cannot be avoided.  This is a concern for this  guy who is living on a fixed income.  It will devistate me financially.  The decision is to not build the bike any further with superchargers and other fun stuff.  The goal is simply to race what I have while I can still afford to do it.         

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #3739 on: February 09, 2021, 01:21:54 PM »
I'm glad you recognized that turning more RPM doesn't always make more power.  It's hell to turn nine grand while slowing down and blowing up.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #3740 on: February 09, 2021, 01:55:21 PM »
The last dyno run was in 2018.  The power was climbing and then the bike hit the rev limiter at 9,000 before the curve flattened out.  The motor has potential for more power with a higher rev limit.  The crank was magnafluxed, balanced, and the oil passages reworked.  The expert who did this said the crank is in good shape for more rpm.  The folks at Arias who made the pistons said they will handle the rpm.  The new rods should be adequate according to Carillo.  These expert opinions along with Kibblewhite's work make a big difference.  I did not trust my own judgement.

A conversation with another tuner revealed that the plastic oil pump gears explode at over 9,000 rpm.  The last new pair for sale was bought and it is in the engine.  I still do not fully trust that thing.  Personal protection is needed.  A titanium jock strap will be the next purchase. 

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3741 on: February 09, 2021, 04:22:31 PM »
Bo, you know what I say... if 9K is good 10 K is better... rev it till the valves float and then set the limiter below that  :roll:
And most of us here are just old guys living on a fixed income... 
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline mc2032

• Reliability and performance are highly overrated.
« Reply #3742 on: February 09, 2021, 05:43:21 PM »
It was cheaper/easier to just clip off the little pin-stop thingie at 8k on the tach and move the red tape rev limit.  Instant increase in performance.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 05:45:38 PM by mc2032 »
#1032 1350 A, APS-PBG & F, #1000 I/BFL.  My number is 241.273.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #3743 on: February 10, 2021, 10:51:29 AM »
There is no tachometer.  A 1000cc parallel twin with heavy forged pistons and a lightweight crank does not need one.  The vibration and noise tell me the revs per minute.

This is the new Ducati GP bike.  It has lots of little aero features that are unusual.

https://www.motogp.com/en/gallery/2021/02/09/photo-gallery-ducati-lenovo-team-show-off-new-2021-livery/360895 

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3744 on: February 11, 2021, 08:05:54 AM »
Bo, go easy on political statements, please.  It's borderline... and Beef Stew's post has been removed.  That much political yammering isn't tolerated on landracing.com.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 08:08:02 AM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline thefrenchowl

« Reply #3745 on: February 11, 2021, 09:17:23 AM »
wobblywalrus: This is the new Ducati GP bike.  It has lots of little aero features that are unusual.

Don't know if it is an aerodynamic improvement drive or just the need to find more room for sponsors' stickers???

Bikes and riders are certainly really getting uglier by the day...

Completely lost interest in that circus a long time ago.

Patrick
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 09:19:28 AM by thefrenchowl »
Flat Head Forever

...What exactly are we trying to do here?...

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #3746 on: September 13, 2021, 12:38:21 AM »
Bo, go easy on political statements, please.  It's borderline... and Beef Stew's post has been removed.  That much political yammering isn't tolerated on landracing.com.

Anyone heard from Bo?  He hasn't logged on since SSS's post.

Come back, Bo!  America NEEDS backwoods Oregon.

Mike
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 12:40:23 AM by 4-barrel Mike »
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!