Author Topic: Salt Talks are coming!  (Read 15855 times)

Offline Freud

Re: Salt Talks are coming!
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2009, 08:42:51 PM »
Was Salt Talks created for Bonneville or was Bonneville created for Salt Talks?

I guess 60+ years is the answer to that question, but Salt Talks has a marvelous personality.

Both are indescribably delicious.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2009, 10:09:11 PM »
  My karma better include the record at the World Finals, or I am going back to Hairy Krishna.............
  I may have to bunk with the Wennerbergs to afford it, but oh, boy, do I ever have the "nitro bug".
                                                                                Bob
Bob Drury

Offline Freud

« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2009, 12:25:08 AM »
Bob, Oregon allows triples, so hook a 110 gallon trailer, full of nitro behind the car trailer, and blow the record,

or the engine or the trailer full of fuel.

Come home with something broken: the record or the car.

FREUD

Since '63

Offline desotoman

« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2009, 12:35:35 AM »
Freud,

Oldsmobile engines don't like that yellow stuff.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2009, 01:21:08 AM »
I think this is the place to interject (wow! lookit that word!) a comment.   Several racers, family, crew members, bought passes from me before checking with their pit to see if they needed them.  Against my better judgement, I bought the passes and pins back with the understanding that the money be donated to landracing.com and save the salt fund...So, here's the deal....Save the Salt got their money from most of you, why hasn't Jon received his share for our website?   You guys promised, so start coughing up that dough and send Jon a donation!!!  If you don't come across, there's gonna be trouble come October this year and August next year!!  In fact, from now on, you'll have to donate into an envelope that I'll keep for landracing.com and you'll be on your own for Save the Salt!!  Other than that, you've all been absolutely wonderful and I had a great time greeting you every morning!
Everyone take care, and I'll most of you in October!!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Freud

« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2009, 11:51:15 AM »
Tom, I don't think Bob is Oldsmobile any longer.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2009, 12:09:51 PM »
  Glen and Tom,
   Just for the record, I, with apologies to the Rocket crowd, am now running a Dart BBC on 25% nitro.
  My hope is to be the first stock bodied Studebaker over 250, and maybe hit the A/CFAlt record.
  If I am lucky enough to do either or both, the Olds motor is going back in. 
  Quite frankly, I would get a bigger kick out of going 230 with the early olds than 250 with the Chevy, but trying to keep main bearings in a 1947 engine design is what got me the "one run Bob" moniker.
  The good news is that after six years of bearing problems and countless "fixes", we finally found the problem and the solution.... plug the factory cross drilled main journals, just beyond the rod journal oil feed holes.  It was such a easy fix that eluded us for so long that I nearly gave up. 
  Now if I could just get my $700 air/fuel moniter to work............................... Bob

p.s.  Glen, my credit is broken and my wallet is flat, but the will lives on............. :-D
Bob Drury

Offline desotoman

« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2009, 02:04:45 PM »

Just for the record, I, with apologies to the Rocket crowd, am now running a Dart BBC on 25% nitro.

Bob

Thanks for the update. You should have better luck with the Chevy. Although Nitro does not discriminate and is hard on any motor. Good luck in your quest for the record.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Freud

« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2009, 02:53:06 PM »
I hope you don't get the moniker, "Big Bang Bob."

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2009, 03:46:15 PM »
Tom, thanks for the kind words.  Glen, I would prefer "Fast Bob" to "Big Bang Bob".  Thanx anyway......... :-D
Bob Drury

Offline SMC

• New folks
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2009, 08:02:16 PM »
 :? I am just a novice at this and have only ben to the salt for the last two years.  I didnt get there untill late Sun. and didnt know about the event at "The bend in the road. ( Wher is it and how do i find it next year? ) I got salt in me now!  Thanks, daddyRat

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2009, 08:25:23 PM »
it's the northern GLENN,(AKA Freud) not the Utah Glen. When Big Bang/one run Bob runs they follow him with a big magnet and a bucket of oil sorb.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah