Author Topic: New Board Test  (Read 14008 times)

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: Picture this.
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2005, 06:34:48 PM »
Quote from: JackD
Slim's picture and Noonan"s trailer are not legal in some Nevada Counties.
Good job on the web site and getting better.
Is there a color option I haven't figured out yet?

Color Option?

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Your color is
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2005, 07:05:30 PM »
sorta locked in.
I am speaking of the background color for the site.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline John Noonan

Re: Your color is
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2005, 07:41:36 PM »
Quote from: JackD
sorta locked in.
I am speaking of the background color for the site.

Yes Jack I think the back ground will have to stay the same..Jon has done a great job! !  

Way too go Jon Amo..    :mrgreen:

J

StraightSix

New Board Test
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2005, 09:19:20 PM »
There are quite a few different style packs you can get for phpBB - this is the default one.  You can also run two or more and let the user pick between them, but that's a nuisance when it comes time to update the software (you have to apply all mods twice).

There's a mod for phpBB that allows attaching files to posts - any chance that could be implemented?

Good work, keep it up  8)

Offline hawkwind

New Board Test
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2005, 11:49:22 PM »
Bloody ripper tune sport  :D
slower than most

landracing

New Board Test
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2005, 01:36:36 AM »
Yes there are MANY options for this style of board called phpbb. I have been looking over the 1000's of modifications I can do and I will be doing some in the near future like user defined styles or skins they call them to customize how you want it to look.
The attaching files to posts is a very good option and I may get that one done, but usually is a virus follower, I will see what I can do.
I have a few that I am working on now first which is site statistics,

But try this link out and you can find out more.
http://www.landracing.net/phpbb/mods/phpbb_fetch_all/examples/portal.php

I was up till 5 am last night uploading this new stuff and transferring from old board, so I thought I would goto the ball game this afternoon (Rockies -vs- Reds) well went with 8 buddies and of course I was the ONLY one that did not drink. They each had 6 beers apiece, then went to Jacksons right next to the stadium, they must of had 10 pitchers of bacardi and cokes, I had water......... I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO GOT SICK go figure and I was the sober one.
Must have been that damn stadium hot dog.

Jon

Offline Scott

New Board Test
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2005, 01:56:28 AM »
[Slim's picture and Noonan"s trailer are not legal in some Nevada Counties.  :shock: ]
Stumbling with the new format.
I don't live in one of those Nevada counties.          SB
push truck driver

Offline John Noonan

New Board Test
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2005, 02:30:43 AM »
Quote from: landracing
Yes there are MANY options for this style of board called phpbb. I have been looking over the 1000's of modifications I can do and I will be doing some in the near future like user defined styles or skins they call them to customize how you want it to look.
The attaching files to posts is a very good option and I may get that one done, but usually is a virus follower, I will see what I can do.
I have a few that I am working on now first which is site statistics,

But try this link out and you can find out more.
http://www.landracing.net/phpbb/mods/phpbb_fetch_all/examples/portal.php

I was up till 5 am last night uploading this new stuff and transferring from old board, so I thought I would goto the ball game this afternoon (Rockies -vs- Reds) well went with 8 buddies and of course I was the ONLY one that did not drink. They each had 6 beers apiece, then went to Jacksons right next to the stadium, they must of had 10 pitchers of bacardi and cokes, I had water......... I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO GOT SICK go figure and I was the sober one.

Jon

Weiners will do you in all of the time...ask Franklin... :P

StraightSix

New Board Test
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2005, 09:48:51 AM »
Quote from: landracing

Jon

haha the alcohol neutralized the bad bugs in the hot dogs  :lol:

Offline John Noonan

test
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2005, 09:49:52 AM »

landracing

New Board Test
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2005, 10:44:22 AM »
Quote from: StraightSix
There are quite a few different style packs you can get for phpBB - this is the default one.  You can also run two or more and let the user pick between them, but that's a nuisance when it comes time to update the software (you have to apply all mods twice).

There's a mod for phpBB that allows attaching files to posts - any chance that could be implemented?

Good work, keep it up  8)

I have the attatchment mod loaded on the system now, I have not tested it yet so if someone want to test it. When you goto post a message there is a selection for it. I will be modifing this and limiting the upload size, and there will a post minimum to prevent spammers and virus uploads. So as example you must have at least 50 posts on board before you are allowed to attatch files. This way I know there are users of board.

Jon

Offline JimW

New Board Test
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2005, 03:26:26 PM »
Jon,

The 'jump to:' selection does not seem to work.  I selected a forum and clicked go, but didn't go anywhere.  Probably just a teething problem.

Offline Bob Drury

New Board Test
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2005, 05:11:41 PM »
Dammit Jon, Its taken me almost two years to figure out the old format, and now here we go again.............Have mercy on us old farts..............
Bob Drury

Offline Bob Drury

New Board Test
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2005, 05:27:04 PM »
Now what have I done, My Email name is coming up as my user name.  Help me before I completely lose it Jon.
                                       Bob Drury
Bob Drury

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
User Name
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2005, 07:16:37 PM »
Hi Jon thanks for all of the work you've done.  

Now when you get a chance how can I change my User Name that shows.  I changed it on the old board from 1FATGMC to Sumner and want to do that again.  For some reason the new format brought up my old user name again.

I went to the profile, but that is the one thing I can't seem to change there.

c ya, Sum