Author Topic: Class help  (Read 3023 times)

Offline mhuppertz

• New folks
Class help
« on: April 17, 2009, 08:03:33 PM »
We want to prep a Honda CT90 for a run at speed week. Can anyone help me with class designation? it will be under 100cc (5.5 ci), run in stock body form naturally aspirated or superchareged.
Thanks!
Mark

Offline Stan Back

Re: Class help
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 08:50:36 PM »
Got a Rule Book?  The answer (along with a lot of other things you need to know) is probably there.  See the SCTA-BNI.org website.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline desotoman

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 10:22:42 PM »
CT90 isn't that the designation for a Honda Trail 90? The motor has an OHC so in stock form normally aspirated you would run in 100cc P-P. Current record at Bonneville for 100cc P-P, is held by Katy Gassaway, type of bike is a Derbi, date record set 8/03, Record is 82.846 mph. Hope this helps.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

McRat

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 10:41:52 PM »
That is curious.  The 100cc P-PP (Production chassis, production pushrod engine) record says Honda.

When did Honda make a pushrod minibike engine?

If I were hunting a production powerplant for a 100cc bike, I'd look at either the Suzuki or Kawasaki rotary valve two strokes.  With the right massaging, you can make some pretty good high RPM power with a rotary valve.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 11:07:55 PM »
That is curious.  The 100cc P-PP (Production chassis, production pushrod engine) record says Honda.

When did Honda make a pushrod minibike engine?

The 87cc PUSHROD HONDA C200 1964.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

McRat

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 11:53:14 PM »
Huh.  Looks just the OHC engine.  IIRC, my 305cc Honda Scrambler was OHC, and 1963-64'ish.  It had centifugal spark advance and a centifugal oil filter.  I'll admit I never paid a bunch of attention to the Honda 90's and their kin.