Author Topic: Donations welcome - nay, needed!  (Read 48361 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Donations welcome - nay, needed!
« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2011, 01:11:28 PM »
Well, well - thanks for stepping up, Mox.  I appreciate the offer - and the sale.  I don't want to burden you with shipping costs, though, so keep a tab going and I'll sooner or later reimburse you.  On things like historical books we've found it necessary to insure them (so they at least generate some $$ when they go missing).

As for you, 38F (big bra size?), thank you very much.  I think that the two of you handled the entire transaction just fine - so will let you continue doing the book sales.  If there's money left over you're welcome to send it to the site and I'll deposit it.  Today there's $125 going to the checking account.  Thanks for the checks, gentlemen (Hint:  Montana and Arizona).

Back to the laser, and I'm also trying to figure out a better way of serving the pasties at Salt Talks.  This project will keep me busy, for sure.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2011, 01:30:01 PM »
Moxnix, how many donation $$$ for this one?

George Lepp's Bonneville Salt Flats-Speed Limit 1000 MPH- from 1988
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
« Reply #107 on: April 25, 2011, 01:38:51 PM »
The Carl McC. book is a decent little technical guide, and since my lovely wife, aka, "the little general," has me moving out of my home office so she can convert it to a guest room, it's better these go to someone who will enjoy them rather than having them catch dust in the garage in my losing battle against losing territory.  I'll take care of shipping & insurance as noted.  Hopefully, a few pictures of the other books are forthcoming, if I can find my connecting cables in the current rubble of my life.  

As for the rest of the books, make offers please. 

Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2011, 06:17:47 PM »
Lepp book is gone.

Will try to get pictures up, my cell photos were two big and my old camera needs batteries
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 06:54:31 PM by Moxnix »

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2011, 02:33:10 PM »
Very Cool, I'll take it!

Thanks! :cheers:
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2011, 03:24:30 PM »
PM me where to send it.  The rest of the books are being shipped to SSS next week to take care of dispersing them as he sees fit.  Thanks very much.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2011, 08:22:38 PM »
Hello from warm and sunny Skandia -- where the temp positively soared today.  We reached all of 63 degrees F.  Whooo, that's warm.  It's warm enough that it's time to think about wearing t-shirts again.  (Attempted segue into telling you that shirts are available).

We got a new batch of landracing.com shirts earlier this week.  It was a "fill in" order -- so that once again we have most sizes from S to 3XL, and in both black/white lettering -- and white w/black letters & graphics.  Same stuff printed on both colors.  Shirts are goinng to be $17 ea. plus shipping, which is about $5 for one, $7.50 for two of 'em, and $11 for three.  Sorry the shipping is so high -- but the rates are set by the post office, not me.

But I gotta admit that there's a mis-print (really an omission) on the new order.  When I emailed with the shirt guy I asked him to delete Lovelock (Nevada).  Well, the good news is that he did omit it.  That bad news is that he removed Loring (Maine), too.  I'm sorry, I'm sorry.  Oh, Tim, can you ever forgive me? 

We're putting up a page for selling both these shirts and old Salt Talks shirts, and that'll be done in a day or two.  It's in beta stage right now -- with incorrect shipping costs.  It'll also have instructions for payment via the Paypal buttons on this site.

Final shirt comment -- wait 'til you see the shirts for Salt Talks 2011 :-o
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: June 03, 2011, 02:17:54 PM »
Here's the link to the "shirts for sale" page.  Visit, decide, and buy.  Quantities and sizes of most variations are limited, so order now -- first order in, first order out.  Pay through the lr.com Paypal "donate" button.  Thanks.

Now for the bad news - that I might have already mentioned elsewhere.  Somehow the "Loring" event got misplaced on this newest printing of the shirts.  I asked that "Lovelock" be removed - and not only did it go away, but also the Loring word.  Sorry.  I've got about 5 dozen of these to sell now, so buy them while they're still available  -  before they become collector's items for the omission.  You can see the front and back of both black and white (as the shirts hung on our clothesline) - and the lack of Loring is pretty noticeable.  If you can put up with that goof-up -- buy, please.

http://www.landracing.com/salttalks_shirts/salt_talks_shirts.htm
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2011, 07:42:52 PM »
  Slim, I am glad we hooked up at the Salt Talks.  
  I wish I could have handed you more cash, but laying out $2300 bucks for a new tow vehicle motor sort of wiped out both my wallet and the Visa Card that Stainless finally gave back............
  Sorry to leave so early, but I was driving a borrowed "third party" rental car and when the wind picked up, it was time to return it..................   see you and Nancy as soon as the credit card fraud people are done with me...............................  Bob
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 08:06:07 PM by Bob Drury »
Bob Drury

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2011, 09:55:49 PM »
Here's your reminder that Nancy and I will be having a Salt Talks II at World of Speed this September.  Pretty much the same as the SpeedWeek event, although a bit smaller.  It'll be held Wednesday evening, September 14, at the Bend in the Road.  See you there, hey?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2011, 11:57:20 PM »
  How come you lose the H in "hey" when you cross the Northern border?  i'am just askin..........?
Bob Drury

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2011, 03:29:23 AM »
We're just softer spoken Bob. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Pete

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2011, 10:21:38 AM »
It's a good question, Bob, and I can't answer it with definitive absoluteness.

The "hey" apparently originated with the Finns in the UP of Michigan and isn't necessarily related to the "eh" from our brethren to the north of the US of A.  I was introduced to "hey" at the end of dang near every sentence, whether interrogative, declarative, or constipative, when I arrived in Hoton, Michigan in the late 60's.  The UP has more Finns (or folks of Finnish extraction) than anyplace other than Finland itself, and Finnish is the dominating accent or at least it was when i was at Tech).  Putting the "hey" at the end of the sentence is pretty universal up there.  Why the Canooks ( :-D) choose to drop the initial aitch is beyond me.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2011, 10:27:54 AM »
 :?
 I think it was how they were taught to spell in grade school,,,,,,,they used the word Canada to teach,,,C, a, N, a, D, a, or so I was told by an old Candadian friend! ("a")
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2011, 05:09:52 PM »
  My best friend in Canada lives in Edmonton and I refer to him as the " f-cking Canook  or f-cking Canadian.", except when I need his expertice on the race car.  Then he becomes my Canadian Friend".
  Maybee I am using him, eh?............................... Bob
Bob Drury