Author Topic: Racing Seats!!!!!!!!!  (Read 15450 times)

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
Re: Racing Seats!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2009, 03:44:55 PM »
In the works
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline ISP

• New folks
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 09:28:28 AM »
Sponsorships are a difficult thing, it is difficult for us to determine what type return we may get on our investment.  We are not like some large corporations, just about all profit is spent testing, certifying, retooling etc..  Our satisfaction comes from treating each customer as a close friend and caring about their specific needs so they will be as safe as possible based on FACTS/Testing not fiction.

The best thing our customers can do is pay a fair price for our products so they can sleep well at night knowing the next product they purchase will be even better than the last.

John,

The carbon seat tub looks very nice, give Kris a call about trying the pour in place seat kit with that tub.  It is very similar to the Pro-Mod/Pro-Stock tubs and they seem to really like our pour in place kit to take up any extra space.

Scott Wydra
ispseats.com

LVMAXX

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2009, 09:47:28 AM »
 :-D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 09:12:00 AM by LVMAXX »

Offline jww36

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2009, 10:38:00 AM »
Scott;
Thanks for the info. I plan on talking to you guys in the next month or so regarding my roll cage padding.

John

LVMAXX

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 09:51:01 AM »
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 09:12:19 AM by LVMAXX »

Offline Rick Byrnes

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 11:21:52 AM »
While working with the Ford Fuel Cell guys, we had Butler Built Seats make a 30 degree recline full containment seat to fit my fat little body.  They were VERY good to work with, particularly head and shoulder clearance.  Padding was BSCI  SFI 45.2 where I asked for it.   They will produce any type seat you want.  BUT you need to know exactly what you want, and don't change specs in the middle of the build process. (I didn't)

The seat and padding was exactly what I wanted and required.  It did make it hard to get in and out with full 3-2A-20 suit and Hans, but bail out was accomplished with lots of practice. 
Actually, I didn't fear fire as much as the high voltage and current.  It is impossible to totally isolate the driver and still meet the required safety rules of SCTA/BNI.  Everything is a compromise, but I felt VERY COMFORTABLE driving the car.

The seat guys in Canada actually refused to build a 30 degree seat.

The timing on the program, when I joined it was so tight I had no time to canvas all the seat builders.

Not a knock on any ISP products since I have no first hand knowledge, but just comment about Butler.
Actually I may use ISP products to upgrade the side pads I made in 03/04.  They meet the rules, but I think their products are better than what I made.  Now to figure out how to pay for it.

Rick

Offline ISP

• New folks
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 11:55:09 AM »
SFI requires us to send in our products once a year for lab testing and we do regular voluntary sled testing, more than any competitor period.

Our goal is to educate everyone in racing, it is up to the consumers to make the best choice for them based on that education.

The products LSRs utilize are crash tested on a regular basis by those in the NHRA, that is just a fact of life.  We are proud to say that our involvement with John Force Racing, Ford and Delphi on the Eric Medlin project has resulted in a product line that surpasses any vendors products on the market.

What we offer is a system of products, all products are designed to work well independently however when you use, our pour in place seat, SFI 45.1 and 45.2 padding, a Safety Solutions Head and Neck device with 7 point polyester belts now you are safe.  Safety does cost money but most of the money is spent in testing and certification paperwork, we certainly do not get rich keeping our heroes alive.

Every component and the placement of these components is critical to allow the best performance when loading and unloading under impact.

Aluminum - is the material of choice, it allows energy absorption with minimal rebound, we have found carbon fiber to be either to strong, to brittle or to much rebound causing secondary injury.

Foams - our foams are not temperature sensitive and have predictable rebound rates, we utilize up to four different foams in the head supports each to address a specific area and how the energy is absorbed under multiple impacts.  The Seat foam is the same as one of the head foams, it is fire retardant unlike beaded seats.

Fabric - CarbonX is by far the best product on the market

Head and Neck Supports - LFT/Safety Solutions has more SFI certified devices on the market and poly belts

Customer Service - ISP you will not beat our service before and after the sale.

It is sad but the one who spends more on marketing is typically perceived as better, I would just ask them to show you footage from the last crash testing session before you decide on who you will choose to keep you alive.

Be Safe and God Bless
Scott Wydra
ispseats.com

LVMAXX

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2009, 12:26:55 PM »
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 09:12:57 AM by LVMAXX »

Offline Cajun Kid

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2009, 12:28:55 PM »
Well said Scott.

Hopefully I will be at ISP to pick up my new Super Seat this Friday afternoon.

I need to stop by and see Trevor and Aaron at Safety Solutions to get measured for my new heavy duty 6 point harness as well.

Charles
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

Offline Cajun Kid

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2009, 12:33:58 PM »
Maxx,

If my seat is done on Friday (only hick up could be the upholsthery, since my seat is a bit bigger than the standard sizes)

I will post pictures of the seat, the stealt head and shoulder restraint (the entire system) as well as the hardware and the actual mock up in the car and then the final assembly ...   (final assembly will be a while, have to finish the cage and floor after we fit the new seat.

I like this ISP seat MUCH better than the Kirkey I have now,,, but that said, adding the ISP Stealth Head and Shoulder System to my exisiting seat, sure added a bunch of strength and stability to the seat and more important,, to me in the car..

Charles
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

Offline High Gear

• Team Arrow Racing
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2009, 01:05:03 PM »
Scott,

Thanks for being on this forum, the expertise you provide is very welcome.

And thanks for sending Aaron to Speedweek, he spent two hours in our pit inspecting, adjusting and teaching us how to properly use the mishmash of safety restraints we have in the car.

As an amateur racer that only races once a year I don't get to see and learn about all the various safety systems in stalled and used by other racers and I had no idea how to properly use what we had.

After Aaron did his thing I felt our setup was much safer and thus I am extremely grateful for Aaron's help.

We love the products we have purchased from ISP and will be buying more soon.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Gary
Fix What You Know is Wrong First
Spirits Of The Lakes E/FMS Berkeley #569

Offline ISP

• New folks
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2009, 08:15:42 AM »
Yes, Aaron is a good guy he has many years under his belt and is a believer in Safety Solutions and ISP.

As a company it is just good business to participate in forums like this, we have nothing to hide and welcome the hard questions from anyone.

We subject ourselves to the opinions of the customers and welcome developing new solutions that may help others.

I have a FAQ section posted on our website, please help me improve it by asking those questions that I may have left off.

If you like, become a Face Book Fan and post questions on that site as well, you can also post images of your ride.

We will participate in this forum as long as they will have us  :-D

LVMAXX

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009, 10:47:08 AM »
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 09:11:33 AM by LVMAXX »

Offline Cajun Kid

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 09:17:17 PM »
Maxx,

Pics of the new seat and install are on this site  under the Bonneville section build diary's

I have posted a string of pics,,,

I am very very well pleased.. take a look and feel free to ask any questions or comments

Charles
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

Offline Cajun Kid

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 09:18:48 PM »
The seat pics and install is in Build Diaries  under Venable Rods and Racing 53 Studebaker

Charles
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT