Author Topic: Who gets the points  (Read 2985 times)

Offline thundair

• http://grayshot.com
Who gets the points
« on: March 17, 2009, 05:41:25 PM »
I searched but was not successful

I am almost done with the 750 push-rod bike and I am not able to ride it.
The person that will be taken it for its maiden voyage belongs to another club. Will that club get the points or will they split the points?
I know I read this question on here before but did not find it ...sorry

Cheers

Offline bvillercr

Re: Who gets the points
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 06:34:16 PM »
I believe if you enter the bike under your club, that club would get the points. :cheers:

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 07:01:09 PM »
Kelly and Prentice were in different clubs when running the roadster, One month Kelly got the points, the next Prentice got them. If running for the number one points it would have to go to one club/entry.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline willieworld

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 08:17:00 PM »
thundair  i have read the el mirage procedures and its not real clear ..but i think that all of the points go to the rider and their club unless its an alternate rider ..last year sheris trans locked up testing i went to tech and asked what i could do because she had a low start number and she was trying to finish in the top 25 ..i was told to take her number and put it on my bike (both sidecars ) she registered my bike under her name with her as the rider and me as the alternate --she would move from the 500 cc class to the 1000cc class and any points would would go to her and her club  and thats how it worked   and she finished 15  but by changing bikes it bumped her out of the championship but not starting line position thats my story and im sticking to it    willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline RichFox

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 10:34:11 PM »
I believe it would be up to the guy who fills out the entry form. As the car owner i always kept the points for the Rod Riders no matter who drove.

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 10:44:58 PM »
Willie it's perfectly clear. On the right hand side of the entry I believe on the top main line (not up in the corner) it has the words SCTA Club and a line....What ever club is written is the club getting the points.......It doesn't say club(S)

Unlike the rulebook where everyone seems to find the gray area this isn't gray. As said Kelley and Prentice wrote in the club they wanted to get the points and I gave the timing tag to that club to give out at their meeting.......................
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline willieworld

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 12:48:34 AM »
i think you guys are right --i have an entry form ( motorcycle inspection )  there is a space for scta club  and under motorcycle entry name the fine print reads "note: this is how the trophy will read: brass tag limited to 17 letters/spaces"      willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 02:22:28 AM »
 :cheers:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 02:26:27 AM by John Noonan »

Offline thundair

• http://grayshot.com
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 06:18:37 PM »
Thanks guys    :cheers: