Author Topic: 2009 SCTA Rule Book  (Read 35207 times)

Re: 2009 SCTA Rule Book
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2009, 01:39:40 AM »
Well said, John N.......considering M/C's pay a very large % into the SCTA/BNI budget...........

PS. SO what are they doing (I ask again) about "off shore" entrees on helmets with no Snell Stickers??????

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2009, 02:52:06 AM »
I think I mentioned before that in 1966 we got the '67 rule book (same book with a new page stapled in) before leaving the salt. But there were no records in it and better yet no bikes.

Same fees, same tech, same wait in line and we don't need four wheels to keep us upright.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline Stainless Two

• newest member of the 199.9 club :)
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2009, 08:22:21 AM »
"I think I mentioned before that in 1966 we got the '67 rule book (same book with a new page stapled in) before leaving the salt. But there were no records in it and better yet no bikes."

Wow!  Knowing the large amount of 2 wheeled racers that regularly post here, I believe that that may have been a cry for attention...LOL  Too easy :)
Look at my new RED HAT!!!!

#278 1000CC APS-G 208.959MPH record
209.093 mph best time

pit bitch to #1000 Bockscar

Proud to be a Texan!  in San Antonio

Offline Nexxussian

« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2009, 10:13:06 AM »
I understand that the Rule Books are being sent separately, as when they were put in the tube they kicked the postage prohibitively high.

Sounds reasonable.
Just happy to be here. :-D

Erik

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2009, 10:26:04 AM »
My rulebook made it into the tube, just lucky I guess.

As for helmets After I erred once back in the 80's and bought a helmet good for only 5 years. I now buy a new helmet every 10 years making sure it's one year after the new Snell sticker. ie: 2006, 2011 etc. I do not buy from dealers who do not have the sticker I want. There will be a lot of helmets selling cheaper with the 2005 sticker in them in 2010 or 2011 and they will only be good for 5years or less with the SCTA. It's your choice. My helmets see very little use and are kept in the bag in the original box for their lifetime.  Good Luck
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline gearheadeh

« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2009, 10:30:18 AM »
I understand that the Rule Books are being sent separately, as when they were put in the tube they kicked the postage prohibitively high.

Sounds reasonable.

As a point of interest....what is the postage on the envelope for 1 when just the rule book is sent out?
40 is the old age of Youth, 50 is the young age of the Senior years.

Offline DallasV

« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2009, 10:47:57 AM »
I think I mentioned before that in 1966 we got the '67 rule book (same book with a new page stapled in) before leaving the salt. But there were no records in it and better yet no bikes.

Bike Racist... :roll:

Bikers aren't a race so I don't think you can go with racist. But I do believe you have a legitmate argument for discrimination towards the mentally handicapped.  :-D
Records or parts, I didn't come all this way not to break something.

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2009, 11:28:43 AM »
 :-o Hey John,  you know Willie is not a "bike" racist!   He's a bike wizard, fanatic, magician and all the other good things that go with aimin your head towards the wind on two wheels.  That makes somebody a lunitic doesn't it??    Crow
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline Boostedballs

« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2009, 01:00:56 PM »
Still no rule book... :x

Offline willieworld

« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2009, 01:01:33 PM »
its ok crow---- just another shot by one of those car guys----what they dont see is that every year there are more motorcycles and less cars--this year at el mirage in the top 25 there were 12 motorcycles--in 09 there will be more---like the dinosaur they to will one day be extinct         just some thouhgts         willie   buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline desotoman

« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2009, 01:25:23 PM »

As a point of interest....what is the postage on the envelope for 1 when just the rule book is sent out?

$2.36 US was on the envelope I received.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2009, 01:27:55 PM »
Just some other thoughts . . .

Love them open records!

And the ease of preparing a bike, compared to a car, for LSR.

Stan Back
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2009, 03:20:37 PM »
About helmets:  First of all, if you've got a foreign helmet with no Snell Foundation sticker -- show the inspectors what you have and let them decide if the helmet is good enough.  Some imports (such as Suomy) may well be fine, and some will have a sticker from another rating organization.  If you can -- go to inspection with some back-up documentation on your helmet.  Find the org. that rated it, go to their website and print out some of (or all of) the standards the helmets must meet to get their sticker.  That may be enough.

As for buying a new helmet when the old one is too old (for the sticker) -- make absolutely sure that the new one has the new sticker in it.  My story is that I wanted a new helmet for Nancy a few years back.  I decided on what model of what brand, then went to the Snell Foundation website to be sure the helmet was included.  Sure enough -- so I went to one of the onlline helmet stores and ordered one.

Well- what I got was one of the OLD helmets with the OLD sticker.  The new ones were in stock -- but the store said they wanted to clear old inventory first.  They would not give me return privileges (old for new).  So -- now I mention that I will accept only a helmet with the new sticker inside.  I suggest that you consider doing something along those lines if you're buying a helmet from a vendor that doesn't have a real store for you to visit -- so you could inspect the helmet.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2009, 04:47:42 PM »
It would be a lot easier if the following was printed in the rule book regarding helmet cert.

USA: Snell M2005, M2010 or DOT FMVSS 218
Europe: Regulation ECE 22-04, ECE 22-05P
UK: BSI 6658 Type A
Japan: JIS T 8133:2000
or any of the FIM SFI approved certification
helmets.
Most of the above are equal or exceed Snell
standarts..................................................................

That way there is no quess work....no back-up
documentation.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2009, 05:15:09 PM »
Poster and pit pass arrived, no rule book yet... 
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O