Author Topic: Modified Vintage Gas Engine In Motorcycle Streamliner?  (Read 19491 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Modified Vintage Gas Engine In Motorcycle Streamliner?
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2009, 12:19:07 PM »
Naughty-naughty!  Racers are required to keep both hands on the bars at all times.  I suppose that, if called on this photo, the rider could claim that he was twiddling with the main adjust at the instant that photo was snapped -- but that's take some talking.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline High Gear

• Team Arrow Racing
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2009, 12:52:05 PM »
Just a thought...in reference to the drawing of the cage...my guess is that you would not be able to see out.

Mock something up and take measurements, there is more distance from your eyes plus helmet plus cage plus body etc. than you might think.

Good Luck with your project.

Gary
Fix What You Know is Wrong First
Spirits Of The Lakes E/FMS Berkeley #569

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2009, 01:06:49 PM »
Will do, thanks!
Justin Calkins - Iowa Falls, Iowa  USA

dwarner

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2009, 09:12:03 PM »
Justin,

I would guess that you are aware that motorcycle streamliners are now under car streamliner rules and will be teched by both m/c and car inspectors?

From 2009 rulebook:
5.A   SPECIAL CONSTRUCTION CATEGORY
This category is the pinnacle of the straightaway racer’s art. It contains three main groups. In the automobile group are the unlimited Streamliners and open-wheeled Lakesters with a 4+ wheel configuration and in the motorcycle group are the streamliner and streamliner sidecar class. These classes allow both blown and un-blown, gas or fuel engines. These are all-out straightaway vehicles with non-stock engine blocks allowed, (with the exception of specific Vintage Engine classes). Innovation is unlimited. Modified production bodies are forbidden. Four-wheel drive is allowed in the automotive group only.

DW

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2009, 09:20:22 PM »
Justin,

I would guess that you are aware that motorcycle streamliners are now under car streamliner rules and will be teched by both m/c and car inspectors?

From 2009 rulebook:
5.A   SPECIAL CONSTRUCTION CATEGORY
This category is the pinnacle of the straightaway racer’s art. It contains three main groups. In the automobile group are the unlimited Streamliners and open-wheeled Lakesters with a 4+ wheel configuration and in the motorcycle group are the streamliner and streamliner sidecar class. These classes allow both blown and un-blown, gas or fuel engines. These are all-out straightaway vehicles with non-stock engine blocks allowed, (with the exception of specific Vintage Engine classes). Innovation is unlimited. Modified production bodies are forbidden. Four-wheel drive is allowed in the automotive group only.

DW

Thanks Dan.  I'm going to order a 2009 rulebook this weekend.  Sounds like there's alot of changes since '08!

Offline willieworld

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2009, 12:32:34 AM »
  Maybe i missed something but i dont read anything in the rule book that says that the motorcycle streamliners are now under car streamliner rules . The way i read the rule book the only thing thats changed is tech. The motorcycle streamliners have their rules and the cars streamliners have theirs and they are not the same.   willie buchta
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 01:15:37 AM by willieworld »
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2009, 08:11:36 AM »
Hey Willie, can you help me out on some ideas for my Yamaha?  Thanks!  http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,5776.0.html

dwarner

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2009, 11:01:28 AM »
If you look at the streamliner rule changes, bold print,  you will see that m/c streamliners now comply with car streamliners in several areas. The m/c streamliners will be teched by both m/c and car inspectors.

DW

« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2009, 11:51:49 AM »
Hey Willie, you have to remember that SCTA/BNI 
after all is a "car club" and "car" people call the shots..................................................................................

Offline Loose Goose-Terry#1

• Terry
  • When in doubt, GAS IT!
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2009, 02:52:21 PM »
 :roll: Hey Kent, About a month ago you asked me how I was doing on my liner. I looked at it yesterday and it still looks the same as before Christmas. :cry: Like Summ said awhile back..."Life gets in the way sometimes" D-I-V-O-R-C-E has put a halt on toy production for awhile but I'm going to have to get some tubing and make a few parts just to keep from going crazy.  :-D

Your friend in SPEED

Terry  :cheers:
If I had it all to do over again...I would!

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2009, 03:56:51 PM »
:roll: Hey Kent, About a month ago you asked me how I was doing on my liner. I looked at it yesterday and it still looks the same as before Christmas. :cry: Like Summ said awhile back..."Life gets in the way sometimes" D-I-V-O-R-C-E has put a halt on toy production for awhile but I'm going to have to get some tubing and make a few parts just to keep from going crazy.  :-D

Your friend in SPEED

Terry  :cheers:

I hear ya!  I was told yesterday that I'm lucky enough to be able to pay on a loan that my ex didn't!!!  I guess I'll just have to keep on dreamin, cause I can't afford to build anything now!!!  25% of my paycheck!  Add child spport to that, 50% of my check is gone without me even seeing it!!!  My life sucks right now!

Offline octane

• Nimbus 750 APS-VBF
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2009, 03:02:18 PM »
duplicate your lower fin to the top then shrink both 10%
kent

How's this?

Check this out for inspiration for a small (very small) single-engined streamliner

Click: BUDDFAB at BUB 2008
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 03:10:38 PM by octane »
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection
not when there is nothing left to add
but when there is nothing left to take away"

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2009, 05:23:48 PM »
Hey, Justin.  I see you're on line.  I'm in the picjkup wwaiting for a customer to show up --  but I'm ready to talk some more with you.  Try sending an email to me at my regular address -- and I'll see if I can get it.

I've got some more information about my International semi/road tractor.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

slopoke

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2009, 10:28:56 PM »
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 11:23:59 PM by slopoke »

slopoke

« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2009, 10:36:37 PM »
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 11:24:29 PM by slopoke »