Author Topic: Father & Son Campbells Bluebird CN7 403.10 mph wheel driven streamliner  (Read 42553 times)

Robin UK

Re: Father & Son Campbells Bluebird CN7 403.10 mph wheel driven streamliner
« Reply #165 on: February 20, 2009, 03:04:33 AM »

Don

Glad you came on here its a nightmare with these guys. Dad and me went to Bonneville World Finals to meet Ed Shaidel he was tuning Monte Osborne's 37 Ford. I remember he set set a record and was in impound area. That was August 1994 Monte went to driving a roadster you guys had at El Mirage I had to work couldn't go. Monte bought my gray silver 97 Ford F350 Dully truck and towed the trailer with it. Dad and Ed Shaidel went with Monte to El Mirage in 2002 he went a few times to El Mirage. We wernt building a dry lakes car dads last engine he was building was Jim Wells all aluminum 429 for his Cobra he built two 427's for him as well. Dad told me Monte spun the roadster at speed backwards

Monte still got my 97 F350 Dully? Dad and me in 1996 was thinking of building a 69 Mustang with blown 427 for Bonneville out of our CJ body. Ed died a few years ago last I seen Monte is when we sold him that 65 Mustang K car. Don I sent you a PM with my phone number do you have a club?

Is this the same Ed Shadle (Shaidel) who leads the NAEagle team and who's posted on here many times?

Robin
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 03:36:55 AM by Robin UK »

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2009, 03:35:12 AM »
 :-D... crap....got home from work hoping to have some fun with turd bird and he's no where to be found... now i gotta go watch TV with the wife :roll:
Kent

Offline OU812

• New folks
« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2009, 11:36:21 AM »
Well everything on my end checks out. I'll vouch for his identity. He's really Jim Jr. I'll leave it up to the rest of you to work out personality differences.
Jim I look forward to meeting you some day.
Don III

Offline DrofRockology

• my blog
« Reply #168 on: February 20, 2009, 11:57:05 AM »
Well everything on my end checks out. I'll vouch for his identity. He's really Jim Jr. I'll leave it up to the rest of you to work out personality differences.
Don III

hey don: elmo says to say hi to you and your ol' man!

so, now we know jim is who he is in addition to knowing what he is!

i sure do miss all the entertainment 'round here.

maybe pap will make a quick cameo just to rev things up a bit!
gregory w. gillette
aka: monty wolf (not monte wolfe)

"fear is never boring!"

read all about it: http://montywolf.blogspot.com/

Offline Jim Demmitt Jr

• NHRA T/S 7360
« Reply #169 on: February 20, 2009, 04:07:01 PM »
Don III

Thanks Don

Are you going to be running at El Mirage this year? I like to meet up with you at a SCTA meet

Thank you I appreciate your help
AR Ford Boss Hemi 526ci
Jim Demmitt Jr. Racing NHRA T/S 7360
Blown Alcohol 57tbird

JDR Web page
http://fordflashback.com/jd_fords.asp
A/FX- Pro Stock Rare Factory Ford drag cars

Offline Jim Demmitt Jr

• NHRA T/S 7360
« Reply #170 on: February 20, 2009, 08:22:03 PM »

Don

Glad you came on here its a nightmare with these guys. Dad and me went to Bonneville World Finals to meet Ed Shaidel he was tuning Monte Osborne's 37 Ford. I remember he set set a record and was in impound area. That was August 1994 Monte went to driving a roadster you guys had at El Mirage I had to work couldn't go. Monte bought my gray silver 97 Ford F350 Dully truck and towed the trailer with it. Dad and Ed Shaidel went with Monte to El Mirage in 2002 he went a few times to El Mirage. We wernt building a dry lakes car dads last engine he was building was Jim Wells all aluminum 429 for his Cobra he built two 427's for him as well. Dad told me Monte spun the roadster at speed backwards

Monte still got my 97 F350 Dully? Dad and me in 1996 was thinking of building a 69 Mustang with blown 427 for Bonneville out of our CJ body. Ed died a few years ago last I seen Monte is when we sold him that 65 Mustang K car. Don I sent you a PM with my phone number do you have a club?

Is this the same Ed Shadle (Shaidel) who leads the NAEagle team and who's posted on here many times?

Robin

Robin

Its Ed Shaidell Ford Performance & Machine on Missouri Flat Rd. Placerville CA. I had his last name spelled wrong to big of a rush last night. Him and my dad been close friends for years Ed died in not long ago of heart problems his Wife Sandi is wonderful Ed's daughter Dena she would make a great LSR driver its born in her. There long time family friends we sure do miss Ed but he is up in heaven with my dad racing together
AR Ford Boss Hemi 526ci
Blown Alcohol 57tbird

JDR Web page

Offline Dwayne

• New folks
« Reply #171 on: February 21, 2009, 04:19:48 PM »
This is a intresting sight,Im new here,Hello All.

Offline Jim Demmitt Jr

• NHRA T/S 7360
« Reply #172 on: February 21, 2009, 10:16:12 PM »
 Bluebird Proteus CN7

Here is some rare photos of Bluebird CN7 in the shipping container on the American Eagle web site. Still today an amazing design by the Bluebird team glad its still with us today

http://www.landspeed.com/classroom/classlsrhistory.html
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 10:19:24 PM by Jim Demmitt Jr »
AR Ford Boss Hemi 526ci
Blown Alcohol 57tbird

JDR Web page

Offline DrofRockology

• my blog
« Reply #173 on: February 23, 2009, 10:43:14 AM »
I had his last name spelled wrong to big of a rush last night.

you misspelled something?

say it isn't so!
gregory w. gillette
aka: monty wolf (not monte wolfe)

"fear is never boring!"

read all about it: http://montywolf.blogspot.com/