Author Topic: PROBLEMS  (Read 33176 times)

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
Re: PROBLEMS
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2009, 04:14:09 PM »
IE8 with the compatability button 'pushed': no problems here or at home.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2009, 05:25:41 PM »
yeah that's the gig....I have Firefox here at home whereas at work it's a Citrix with Explorer and they just updated it.....cut and paste is the obvious solution thanks LL.

And yes Barn I have noticed that "torn page" icon...........ah the wonders.....

Dr G
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2009, 05:47:38 PM »
So, Jon, how come the countdown to racing 2010 says we're racing?  Are we racing to the countdown?  :roll:  You know these guys think they've got lots of time to get ready (which they don't) but that countdown to Speedweek helps keep them working away!

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  Thanks for all that you do for each other!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2009, 06:13:36 PM »
Lynda, that's a good question.  Here's my response:  Unh, I forgot.  Well, not really -- I remember doing the math and telling Bob what the date for the beginning of SpeedWeek '10 would be -- by guessing.  That is, I made some EWAGs about when the event would start, this being done before they correct dates were announced, and those are what I sent to him so he could reset the calendar.  I offered the caveat that I wasn't sure of the dates -- and, well, I guess he decided that doing nothing was better than having the incorrect countdown clock settings.

I've just gone to the SCTA site and see that SpeedWeek is 14 - 20 August, so I'll take another minute (once I post this) and do the math and send away the results to the Bobster and see how he does on resetting the clock.  By the way, I'll ask him to use 7AM of the first day of racing, Wendover time, as the hour and date that the event starts.  For someone like you that'll be on duty a few days in advance - well, allow some latitude in your interpretation.

By the way, here's where I come up with the answer (263 days, not including the half-day or so 'til 7 in the morning from right now):
http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2009, 08:52:33 PM »
Jon, I always allow latitude, umm...sometimes I allow latitude...uhhh..sometimes people wish I allowed latitude... okay, so I don't normally allow latitude, but start time for Speedweek..now THAT I can do!!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2009, 09:08:18 PM »
Hey Roadster Toad, thanks for the IT tip, I had the problem, didn't even know there was a compatibality selection in tools.  Now I'm able to type a long one without the jumps.  :wink:

So ya can teach an old dog new tricks....  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

LittleLiner

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2009, 11:03:59 PM »
bbarn.  you get the prize!   The compatibility button fixes it. 

thanks,  Art

landracing

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2009, 12:34:49 AM »
That is the reason why I have banned Microsoft on my computers... I had many crashes. spam, browser crashes, weird things happen and I wont even go into the WIndows software packages....

Changed ALL my computers to a free operating system called Ubuntu - has same type of desktop as a windows machine, look and feel are great... Has all FREE software, FREE operating system, FREE Upgrades and just by chance you need to run a windows program you can thru a program called Wine..

Things run MUCH faster, less hassel and stable as heck.... Most important for me ALL the software is open source which is free and there is some really neat stuff out there.

JonAmo

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2009, 06:40:49 AM »
Jon,

what's happened to the PHOTOGALLERIE???

you can't open them anymore - Admin....used wrong password.....NO?????

Can you fix it.....and by the way....did you found a way to add my picture........there will be some more in about two weeks....
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2009, 08:46:40 AM »
Thanks for the note to get my attention, PP.  I've asked Bob to see if there's a reason why the Gallery is farkled.

Happy Thanksgiving day from rainy Skandia, Michigan.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2009, 09:53:27 AM »
Bob reports (about the Photo Gallery): 

The database is there, I can get at it through the control panel (etc) but the code is not able to connect.

It looks like the "datasource" is messed up, which is a server-level table, where the code points to "lrgallery" (or some such) and the table translates that to the real database name, checks authorization, etc.

He and I are both trying to contact Dan about this problem -- but it's Thanksgiving Day on the north side of Duluth -- so this might take a while.  Thanks for the notification, PP.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2009, 03:44:30 PM »
Another problem is in the proces of biting the dust.  Bob and Dan, our guy that owns the server farm that hosts this site, have been working for a month or more to defarbulate the Photogallery, and it looks like it's getting back to working - at least some.  I got a note from Bob a little while ago and at least we can see some of the old photos that are there.  I've got a new batch goinng up as a test, and then will FINALLY get the '09 photos from ECTA, SCTA, Bub's, and Top Speed Shootout posted.  They'll be by date of the event.

I hope.  PorkPie, I think we'll give you your own folder - rather than try to remember which of yours came from where.  And that way I'll be able to be sure that all of yours get proper attribution.

Stay tuned, folks.  And thanks. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline wolcottjl

« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2009, 04:38:33 PM »
I usually keep quiet and don't post too often.  I am a reader (lurker) and try to read every post on the site.  With the few issues lately and knowing that IT help can sometimes cost money, today I decided that it was time for another DONATION to my favorite web site.  Jon can't do this for free and I don't think the advertising revenue is quite covering all the expenses.  So my challenge to everyone is to pony up a couple of bucks to make sure we have this site for another year.

Now that is off my chest, time to crawl back in my hole and see what else I don't know about bikes since I will have one next year at Maxton. 
Joel Wolcott
Moving to 2 wheels in 2010

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2009, 07:43:21 PM »
Thank you very much for both the donation (which arrived by Paypal today) and the suggestion that others do the same.  You're right -- the bills last month were higher than any in the recent past, and while there was enough in the kitty to pay them -- the advertising sure doesn't raise enough all by itself.

I keep the ads to a minimum on purpose -- trying to have as much room for everyone to offer comments and build diaries and stuff like that without having ads all over the place.  There's my sacrifice -- a chance for greater revenue vs. the guarantee of not too much clutter.  Now it's up to all of you to help me try to keep landracing.com concentrated on our racing, not on what vendors are trying to sell.

The few ads that we do have here are from racers who want to help out with the site as well as promote their products and services.  Please give them every chance when you're in need of parts or advice -- go to their site, call them, write a letter -- let them know that you got turned on to them via this website and the Forum.  If you buy or not isn't the point -- it's that you've at least tried to shop their store, and that shows them that people are seeing their ads.

Okay, once again -- Thanks, Joel.  Everyone else is welcome to send a donation, too.  The easiest way is to use the "Help support landracing.com" button on the lower left of the home page, but you can mail checks to me at the home address -- which is listed on the donations page, too.

Thank you and good night.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Re: PROBLEMS - new Spammer?
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2009, 06:22:54 AM »
washington dentist

http://www.zocdoc.com/dentists/washington-dc

Jon - Seldom Seen - could be that you got another spammer on the website - see threat Aero Software

member - linktoauto
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 06:28:53 AM by PorkPie »
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)