Author Topic: Question about production V-Twin motorcycle classes?  (Read 1914 times)

Offline e-rod

• New folks
Question about production V-Twin motorcycle classes?
« on: February 18, 2009, 06:24:10 PM »
I am new to this and intereted in competing with my 2004 Victory Kingpin Motorcycle. I was just wondering what class this would fit into and what kind of saftey requirements I need to meet? I am looking to go 150 mph or better and to have the fastest street legal N/A Victory motorcycle. Let me know if I am crazy or is this obtainable as I said I am new to the whole land speed scene. Any Info would be great thanks.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Question about production V-Twin motorcycle classes?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 07:36:39 PM »
e-rod:

Give us a bit more detail and we can help you quite a bit.  For instance -- if you're trying for a Production class record you'll need to keep the bike 100% stock APPEARING.  That is -- factory exhaust, no upgraded brake lines like SS, not even an extra switch on the dashboard.  Then -- is the Victory motor a pushrod engine?  I don't remember right off -- and if so, you'd run in the Pushrod classes.  I don't know the exact displacement of your motor, and that's important, because if you qualify for a record you'll have to tear down the motor enough that the displacement can be measured.  And if it's not in the class you've specified -- no record.  So -- check the manual to see if it's between 1350 - 1650, in which case you'd be in the 1650 class.  If between 1650 and 2000 you'd be in 2000 class, and so on.  If I were you I'd hope the engine falls in the 1650 class -- 'cause it appears the record in that class is open -- that is, there isn't a record.  If you'd fall into the 2000 cc class - unh, you're in for quite a ride.  The record there is 145.048 -- certainly within reach and fast enough for a fun ride!

See you soon.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com