Author Topic: LRS vrs. NAS.CAR technology  (Read 16358 times)

Offline Jerry O

Re: LRS vrs. NAS.CAR technology
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 10:55:13 PM »
57Tbird

What info do you have on Dougs car. Have you seen it. I live about five miles from his shop and was over there about two month ago. Not much completed on the car. I'm sure they have more done by now. Just wandering, your friend PAP, is his name Wayne or Larry.

Blown Alcohol 57tbird

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 11:05:20 PM »
57Tbird

What info do you have on Dougs car. Have you seen it. I live about five miles from his shop and was over there about two month ago. Not much completed on the car. I'm sure they have more done by now. Just wandering, your friend PAP, is his name Wayne or Larry.

Jerry

I seen the design today Ray has done a great job in the LSR design its way advanced in aero design technology. Talk to Ray or go by the shop in my opinion there advanced like Richard Noble in ALSR the Stock Car technology and engineering is a good blend with an NHRA drag racer. Dougs dad is involved with this design as well great team great driver to see it through to a new land speed record

Evernham is a master in Stock Car and LSR  :cheers:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 11:07:14 PM by Blown Alcohol 57tbird »

Offline Jerry O

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2009, 11:11:56 PM »
Tbird

Where did you see the designs. Do you know Ray and Doug. If you have any photos of the new car how about posting them for all to see. You did not answer me about PAP. What is his first name. I think I worked with him at Yates racing.

Offline Gwillard

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 11:17:42 PM »
He hasn't answered my question about this so-called advanced technology either.
Will weld for beer :cheers:

Offline jack13

• New folks
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 11:29:53 PM »
There was an interview with Herbert on ESPN coverage of Pomona, Showed an artist rendering of the car.  Looked alot like the JCB Diesel.

Blown Alcohol 57tbird

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2009, 11:35:28 PM »
Tbird

Where did you see the designs. Do you know Ray and Doug. If you have any photos of the new car how about posting them for all to see. You did not answer me about PAP. What is his first name. I think I worked with him at Yates racing.

Jerry

I have to go off line about this due to the forum stuff that went on in the other Wicks deal. For more info please e-mail me at j.demmitt@at.net

(No more post about Herbert/ Evernham will be posted by me) on this thread
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 11:39:31 PM by Blown Alcohol 57tbird »

Offline jack13

• New folks
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2009, 11:43:25 PM »
DW--- The Bird has flown the coop!

Offline Bville701

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2009, 11:44:59 PM »
There was an interview with Herbert on ESPN coverage of Pomona, Showed an artist rendering of the car.  Looked alot like the JCB Diesel.

I think the JCB diesel max streamliner is one of the more advanced streamliners out there. There are many others, and I think that it will be difficult to add "NEW" technology to any of these cars. JMO
Ryan LeFevers

701 C/GMR - 216.509 MPH El Mirage Record Holder

El Mirage "Dirty 2" Club Member

Offline jack13

• New folks
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2009, 11:50:40 PM »
Maybe Evernham (?) added some truck arms out back.

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2009, 11:58:44 PM »
Jack:

:-D :-D :cheers: :cheers:

Offline jack13

• New folks
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2009, 12:06:03 AM »
Probably help it turn left easier, get it off the long course so Kennedy doesn't get pizzed.

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2009, 12:07:19 AM »
BA57  

"low down move?"  I thought the move Dan made was a brilliant tribute to one of my early hero's, Curtis Turner. who is reported to have said [or words to the same effect] many times "there's a brand new party just beginning".  

PAP

"Million dollar event?"  From the last 40 laps I caught you pre pegged it spot on - genuine full moon million dollar damage demo derby.

Everybody

I've followed about anything motorsports related that made noise since the mid '50's and have come to the conclusion that the min somebody puts up a dollar to win there are plenty in line ready to spend five to do it.  Big part of what keeps LSR on top of my preferred list [yes I'll probably still catch some of the 500 next weekend if it comes handy but I'd really rather be doing something].  Salt bears are a great equalizer, B'ville can be very humbling.  I think Speedweek is one of the largest gatherings of the most varied and best brains of the gearhead world on the planet in one spot at one time every year, timeslips are the final tally.

Just some of my views for the eve.,

Ed Purinton

Offline Jerry O

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2009, 12:09:00 AM »
Bville.......... When I first started to build a streamliner I looked at the JCB liner and it really impressed me. I have seen lots of photos of the JCB car and I have seen the Herbert car in person, not just photos. There is as much difference in the two as a F1 car and a fork lift. The JCB liner as you have said is one of the most advanced cars running. I'm not knocking Herberts cars and i am not saying it will not set the record, only it is no where close to the JCB car.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2009, 12:10:51 AM »
DW it was was a very low down move locking the Wicks Thread, it shows that LSR is threatend by Stock Car technology.

If we're on the topic of comparing the technologies of the two forms of racing, then NAS.CAR is hamstrung by a set of anachronistic rules.  I'd venture to say that there is a lot more innovation in the ranks of the XF LSR engine class then the rules would permit in a NAS.CAR engine.

But technology isn't all about engines, and I'll give the NAS.CAR guys some credit in that they've managed to establish parity between four basic designs in order to keep sponsors interested.  That's where the technology nod goes to the NAS.CAR guys.

So when did NASCAR become a four-letter word?

« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 12:30:34 AM by Milwaukee Midget »
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Jerry O

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2009, 12:26:46 AM »
Well guys, I think I know why the bird flew the coop. TBird and Pap started all the talk about the nascar invasion. Pap said he worked for the #28 car at Yates racing in the engine dept. He also said to me in a PM that he was the one that punch Ricky Rudd in the nose at the track several years back. He also told me his real name, unknowing to him that I worked in the same dept as that guy at Yates and there names don't match. I tried to ask him direct questions about him and Pap and could not get a answer. There were several things he said that threw a red flag. My guess is Tbird and Pap are just a couple trouble makers and should be band from the forums. I hate it when someone uses the identity of a friend of mine just to jack everyone up. If I am wrong about this I apologise to all.