Author Topic: BNI Motorcycle P-PS clarification  (Read 9574 times)

Offline willieworld

Re: BNI Motorcycle P-PS clarification
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2009, 09:26:48 PM »
there was a p-ps (production -production supercharged) but has been changed to p-pb (production-production blown ) so as not to be confused with partial streamlined ----that was then this is now welcome to 2009----willie buchta 

« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 09:34:40 PM by willieworld »
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2009, 09:30:04 PM »
 :roll:
Todd

Offline willieworld

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2009, 09:58:23 PM »
 :cheers:

willie
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 10:20:51 PM by willieworld »
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2009, 10:39:49 PM »
Todd
look on page 178....no computer code no record..... your reference record is a misprint.....Dan works hard trying to clean em up...
Kent

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2009, 08:17:38 AM »
Todd
look on page 178....no computer code no record..... your reference record is a misprint.....Dan works hard trying to clean em up...
Kent

I don't have to look Kent, I know it's a misprint and said so in post #12 of this thread (like I mentioned to Kyle, as long as he has it on the registration and bike correctly, the rest is irrelevant).  I knew of the change before the code ever hit the rule book, when the change was brought up and being talked about in 2005 (possibly even in 2004). I didn't like it's use in conflict with the body class at ECTA and said so in here and in ECTA meetings in 2003 (as ECTA doesn't use codes and many new people have a tough time forming their class nomenclature before and after the dash on their vehicles, so partial streamlining was an issue for new guys) .

Mine was a simple statement and reasoning of why someone new like Kyle would think there was a P-PS class.  It doens't matter if it got caught proofreading or not, or if it's good or bad, or right or wrong... it just makes it fact that it's there. And that fact is anyone with a rulebook in hand could of thought that, still through 2008 (and we'll see about 2009).

Also (and the reason for stating the details of one of the entries) is that I knew it was still in the 2008 book in at least a place or two as I saw it when the book came out, no matter how convincing a couple people were to swear they were looking and it wasn't in there. Who knows, it might even be looked at as a tip, and could lead to it being changed to P-PB also huh?
Todd