Author Topic: 2005 rule change (?) for Gas Coupes  (Read 2584 times)

LittleLiner

2005 rule change (?) for Gas Coupes
« on: January 11, 2005, 09:26:00 AM »
Ok, I'm confused.  (so what else is new?)  I have been under the impression that the gas coupe I am building needed to have  EITHER  an Engine Swap, OR a Quick Change Rear, OR a non-stock supercharger.  The wording of the rule change seems to imply that you now need to have all three.  

5.D.3   Gas Coupe

This class ? shall have:

*Engine swap

*Quick-change rear end

*Non-stock supercharger

To further confuse me the rule changes for the pickup classes specifically say  
 Minimal requirements to compete in the Modified Mid/Mini Pickup class are at least one of the following:

*Engine swap

*Quick-change rear end

*Non-stock supercharger

I am pretty sure that the requirements for gas coupe wouldn't mandate a non-stock supercharger for ALL gas coupes.  If it did, then by definition, there would no longer be any unblown gas coupes.
 More than likely I am reading more into this than I should.  Or do I need to acquire a quick change rear and a non-stock supercharger for my Honda powered Chevette?

In any case could someone offer alittle clarification please?  Thanks   Art

Offline RICK

Re: 2005 rule change (?) for Gas Coupes
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 02:44:00 PM »
2005 rule book? I didn't get my 04 book till June last year. Is the 05 book avalible? Where?
It's not over, it's just harder.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 03:23:00 PM »
Rick:

http://www.landracing.com/news/05car.htm shows the car changes.  You'll find this on the home page of Landracing.com  

Note that it clearly states this is "changes" and does not substitute for a rule book.

Bike changes are there under a separate heading.

Be greatful that the changes have been published on the web so early this year.  Thanks SCTA.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

dwarner

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 04:23:00 PM »
The Gas Coupe and Modifed Pickup are the same as last year. The requirements to change class have been highligted to point out what it takes to meet class specs. If you take into context the paragraph along with your 2004 book the end of the sentence reads "...any one of which makes the car...Production Class"

The published changes are an addendum to the existing rulebook. You cannot take the changes out of perspective.

DW

LittleLiner

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 07:16:00 PM »
Thanks for the clarification.  Also thanks for posting the rule changes on the SCTA web site.  I know it takes time to get books published and distributed so having an early idea of what is changing is greatly appreciated.    Art