Author Topic: Streamlining  (Read 2394 times)

Papa Giorgio

Streamlining
« on: December 11, 2004, 11:17:00 PM »
I have a few questions about streamlining in the modified sports class.  The rule book states that streamlining ahead of and incluing the cowl is allowed as well as removal of minor trim.  Does that mean you can't touch the the body rear of the cowl?  Can I glass over the seams where the rear bumper cover and quarter panels meet, or is that an infraction?  Which leads my to my next question.  the book says taping of seams is not allowed. Is bonding panels together considered the same as taping? (Not including doors or hood.) And lastly, at least for now, the rule book says tail/stop lights are required.  My car (86 corvette) has a third brake light on the roof, can this be removed or maybe shortend as long as I retain the lights in the rear bumper cover? Also, can recessed tail lights be brought out flush with the bumper cover for a clean look with out causing a rules violation?
 Thanks for any info on this.

John Beckett

Re: Streamlining
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 12:05:00 PM »
/MS is mostly like /CC in that the body must be stock from the windows down and the doors back. No seam filling etc. If your worried about the third brake light how about running it as an '85.

John

Papa Giorgio

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 08:48:00 PM »
John,
 I like the way you think.  Do you race stock cars as well?
 Thanks for the help.

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 08:17:00 AM »
There is a precident in Modified sports for filling the seams and no one has ever had an issue with it...  My car is actually a stock body from the cowl back but several out there are not... they are filled and don't even have the lines for the doors any more... okay fine by me I'd never protest it...
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Papa Giorgio

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 08:45:00 PM »
Thanks Keith, I was hoping to hear something like this.  I want to be able to take advantage of whatever I can, and build a really cool car. This is why I chose the modified class in the first place.
 Thanks again,
 Papa