Author Topic: Chassis and pushrod stiffness by OD, length, method of construction  (Read 24704 times)

saltfever

Re: Chassis and pushrod stiffness by OD, length, method of construction
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 02:03:37 AM »
It was written by Mr.Panic. See the first post. However, he has subsequently removed almost all of his valuable content that he shared with us. He got tired of the constant remarks from the few that "just don't get it"!  :cry:

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 09:37:54 AM »
Send him a PM, maybe he will share it with you....
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 01:14:54 PM »
There might be a legitimate debate as to just who got it!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline jpizza5711

• New folks
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2009, 07:10:00 PM »
i am new to this form of racing and would like some help and info i am a many years drag racer who can no longer find bracket racing any fun.I like what i see in this land racing and want to do it so that being said what i have is a 1992 fiebird with a 462 engine the car weights 2950 with my ass in it it now has a 5spd and a nine in. ford rear ,it makes 645 in drag race form with a 950 quick fuel carb. now what i would like to know what will it take to go over 200mph not break records but to go 200.
thank you all for any help

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2009, 10:34:52 PM »
Betcha with all the required safety equipment and the 'bird dropped low (and lower in front than the rear) and the right gear,tires, etc  two  would be well within reach with your power.   

Any advice beyond this, Dynoroom?
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2010, 01:56:08 AM »
As far as experienced Formula SAE teams go, QUT’s version are only puppies - having been founded in 2003 after much heated discussion and enthusiastic planning, the team’s first car was constructed in time for the 2004 Formula SAE-Australasia competition. Since then, the team has built just 4 more machines, each a logical and progressive evolution of the last.

Has the smell of spambot to it.

Lynda

« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 12:52:25 AM by Stainless1 »
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!