Author Topic: World finals , So, who's up for it ?  (Read 15598 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: World finals , So, who's up for it ?
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2008, 09:01:50 PM »
Linda
We are sorry as well, so in about 10 months you get a bigger hug, have a great off season. :-)
                                                    :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2008, 09:10:16 PM »
Hey, Lynda.  Did you leave that fine RV at Land's End?  As we were on the way out of town we stopped there for a visit and your minivan wasn't there -- but the RV was, so we left a little note in the back door.  Well, we tried for that one last howdy.

It's good to see you on the forum.  For those of you that didn't figure it out from her name on the post -- LandsendLynda is the fine young lady that greets us at the end of the pavement as we're about to enter Nirvana.  And she hasn't been on the Forum before today (I had to give her some helpon how to get posts posted).

Welcome, and please stay in touch.  We wish we were there in person, just like you do.

Best wishes -
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2008, 09:13:30 PM »
Jon, I did leave it at Land's End, the Deputy Sheriff keeps it at his house and he takes it back for me.  I'm sure I'll find that note next year!  You guys be careful going back home, and I'll try my hand at this computer stuff more often!  Love Ya both!
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2008, 02:34:59 AM »
Good to see you here Lynda. At least I got my hug at the FIA deal last week.  :-D Wayno

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2008, 09:34:51 AM »
Well, every unhappy icon you can think of.  What a major disappointment for everyone!  I've decided that racing angel I have on my hat has got to go!  This is the 3rd time that little critter has let us down!!  Here I go and get all excited about greeting everyone at Lands End,   Take care all and stay safe!!

Linda, Think of the dozens times the angle helped, not the 3 unfortunate incidents that she was unable to overcome the great Satan of LSR...  :|
We will see you next year Darlin, when we come home again  8-)
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2008, 10:37:53 AM »
Bummer that we missed ya, Lynda.  Jarlo and I were gonna bring ya some more flowers.  :(

Next year for sure.

RtR

Offline JohnLevie

« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2008, 12:25:56 PM »
Well, I just went out to the Salt to see just how much water was out there.  Thats a lot of water!!!  Absolutely zero dry Salt.  Anywhere.  For MILES!!!  It looked like a miniature Great Salt Lake.  Even though it's only 2 inches deep, it goes for miles.  So, El Mirage looks cool.  I guess I'll go there.  I got a bad itch to ride my bike at a real event.  Never done it before, but I did get it teched at Bonneville this year.  Should have rode when I had the chance.  All I was missing was leathers (ventless), which quite a few guys said "just wear mine".  Should have taken 'em up on that.  Oh well.  A road trip from 2 hours West of Bonneville to El Mirage sounds like fun.  See you guys down there.
John Levie   8-)

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2008, 01:48:34 PM »
John, what kind of bike are you racing?
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline willieworld

« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2008, 03:12:13 PM »
jon  i have a set of leathers for sale   what is your size   thanks  willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline JohnLevie

« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2008, 01:45:40 AM »
Fred &Willie,
My leathers were at the upholsterer (for 2 months) getting the vents covered with leather.  Apparently it's a big job to sew on leather as tough as ours.  Anyways, my bike is a '62 Honda C-110.  What's that?  It's a pushrod 50 that I will run in the APG&F classes.  This bike ran at the Salt in '67, and set the record for whatever the class was called at the time.  It sat under a willow tree ever since until last winter when I started tinkering with it.  I've been going to Bonneville ever since I was a little kid (physically, mentally I haven't changed), so I figured this would be a good way to learn the ropes.  After a total restoration, and 30 years of safety updates, the little 50's ready to run.  So, now I would like to join a club and join in the El Mirage fun.  LSR has been a dream of mine for so long, I didn't know if it would ever happen.  So I gave up my dirt track stock car, desert racing, and many paychecks to give this a go.  I can't wait.  It also helps having the supervision of the 81 years young fellow that built my bike in '66 to help out.  LSR guys are some of the best people I have met in my 28 years of motorsports.  I cant wait to make some new buddies in a sport such as this.
John

Offline willieworld

« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2008, 01:57:16 AM »
john  there are some pretty tough folks in the 50cc class---hope to see you at el mirage this month--you can run there as a guest if you dont belong to a club-------willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline JohnLevie

« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2008, 02:23:43 AM »
Willie,
I spoke with Mr. Van Butler today.  He shed some light on the format differences between Bonneville and El Mirage.  It seems to be fairly similar (as far as format goes) with the exception of the club requirements.  I realize that I could race as a guest, which I will do at the end of this month, however, I feel to get the whole experience, it would be better to be a member of a club.  I think this is a great rule.  Extended racing families that may not mind some new guy asking dumb questions.  I am sure most of you would answer questions regardless of what club a guy is in (if any at all), but I need a method of networking.  I am new to this form of racing and would like to come up with a method to keep as many of the hard knocks out of my learning curve as possible.  I just want to keep it fun, and most importantly safe. 
And as far as the tough folks in the 50 class, the Butlers have been over 100mph on 50cc's.  That takes some serious hard work. Try going 2600 mph on a Hayabusa!  Poor comparison, but it would be cool.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2008, 02:34:08 AM »
John   if you talked to Van today you talked to the president of my club. Where do you live? Hope to see you at El Mirage. If you go look for the white mailboxes and come break some bread with us Saturday evening after the course walk. I believe that Beef stew is going to be the dinner of choice. Hope to see ya there.
Willie
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline JohnLevie

« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2008, 12:37:56 PM »
Willie,
I live in Elko, Nv. and love beef stew.  When should I show up down there?  When do most people get set up.  I have a simple set up, not an 18 wheeler or nothing.  Just bikes and a trailer.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2008, 02:20:16 PM »
john  you will have to go through tech on saturday the 25th  ( II TO 5 )  and  rookie orientation at 4 sharp on saturday --sheri and i will be there early friday morning -- if you are coming from las vegas down I-15  just take a right in Victorville on 395   go to the last stoplight in Adelanto (chamberlaine way) at the quick stop and turn left---end of the road turn right on koala road---end of the road bear left on el mirage rd---go down about 4 miles turn right at the sign for el mirage lakebed
see ya there
willie
willie-dpombatmir-buchta