Author Topic: World finals , So, who's up for it ?  (Read 15600 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: World finals , So, who's up for it ?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 12:08:14 PM »
My guess is we won't know until Sunday night or Monday if it does in fact get wet on the salt. We have over come it in the past and will do everything we can to have the meet. There will be updates on the SCTA web site.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 12:11:04 PM »
Ray, did you see (elsewhere in the Forum) that I got an SD - to - USB thingie?  If you are able to show me how to use it -- I might be able to get your photos up to Photobucket and onto the site without too much trouble.  Jon Amo sent a note telling me how to get into the Photo Gallery on this site, but he also says I need to do some other tricks -- so maybe I won't be ready for the Gallery next week.  But at least I can do the Photobucket thing.

I think I can, that is.  After the Shootout last week I gotr a note from Photobucket that I was approaching their one-month limit on used bandwidth.  I hope their calendar resets before next Wednesday.

See you soon -- racing starts one week from right now!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Tom Bryant

• http://www.bryantauto.com
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 12:12:25 PM »
I plan to be there. Waiting on rocker arms from Crower that should be here today. So it is the usual thrash to leave here Monday and arrive on the salt Tuesday. We have been inching up on the record the past two meets, so it should be a good week with a possible record attempt by Mary West. See you all on the salt.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/FCC
I don't understand..."It won't work!"

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC
 - LSR since 1955 - www.bryantauto.com

Offline joea

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 12:16:01 PM »
there is reason for concern 365 days year..............

and obviously more so during the racing months.........

there is reason for concern when the forcast is 85 and sunny...........

there is reason for concern when its been dry, and temps are
95 bringing the moisture closer to the surface.....

there is reason for concern when the wind report is calm at the 0 and
calm at the 5..............

forcasts like that are nothing to change plans about......

Joe :)

Offline willieworld

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 12:17:43 PM »
ready to go bike # 9--will leave monday and will stop at lovelock on the way  willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Billy @ AHG

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008, 12:38:32 PM »
  Hot Dawg !  Thats what I want to hear !     Sounds like you guys are jones'n  Weather reports on NOAH, seem to think the weather will stay mainly in the higher elevations, possible snow in the mountains even,   folks comming over the hill might want to pack extra socks .   Keep your fingers crossed and lets have some fun !!
Salt Junkie

Offline willieworld

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008, 12:57:45 PM »
thats NOAA--if you go to the little map you can click on the track  start or finish line   willie buchta
at the top of the page it will tell you direction and miles from wendover

http://www.noaa.gov/

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Wendover&state=UT&site=SLC&textField1=40.7372&textField2=-114.037&e=0

« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 01:08:07 PM by willieworld »
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline SanMiguelRacing

• New folks
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2008, 02:04:13 PM »
We will be bringing the 08 Busa and Old Number Seven.... kids are already getting their homework packets  :-D 
2008 P-P 1350cc Record Holder 205.1mph

Member of the 200mph Club

Offline Billy @ AHG

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2008, 02:31:15 PM »
thats NOAA

I stand corrected, 14 lashes with a wet noodle !
Salt Junkie

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2008, 02:36:42 PM »
I thought Noah was more appropriate for rain forecasts..... Just not on the flats...  :wink:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Low Sodium

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2008, 02:44:16 PM »
Who's mentioning the "R" word?

Offline Rick Byrnes

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 06:53:26 PM »
Man this is my second try at posting.  My first went somewhere in cyberspace. Woe is me for not being more proficient in computeresque.

We are headed for WF.  We being a rag tag team associated with a little Brit sports car called a Ginetta G4, powered by a 997cc Ford/Cosworth 105E push rod motor called a  Cosworth MAE.
Bregt Ectors came to me back in March and we have struggled all spring summer and fall getting the thing ready.
Testing went well.  Power is what we expected, and we are almost ready.  He and his wife Helen are in the US from Brittan, although Bregt is originally from Belgium.  Additional team members from the suburban Detroit area, and all salt virgins except me of course. Of course thats the only reason he wants me along  :-d
The car is quite cute, and has turned out quite well.  I think now all we have to do is
GO BLOODY FAST   
See everyone on the salt.  Look for a little tiny car that is BRG and you will find us.....
I'm hoping to be back next year with the liner completed.

Rick

Rick

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2008, 08:20:36 PM »
Ray, did you see (elsewhere in the Forum) that I got an SD - to - USB thingie?  If you are able to show me how to use it -- I might be able to get your photos up to Photobucket and onto the site without too much trouble.  Jon Amo sent a note telling me how to get into the Photo Gallery on this site, but he also says I need to do some other tricks -- so maybe I won't be ready for the Gallery next week.  But at least I can do the Photobucket thing.

I think I can, that is.  After the Shootout last week I gotr a note from Photobucket that I was approaching their one-month limit on used bandwidth.  I hope their calendar resets before next Wednesday.

See you soon -- racing starts one week from right now!

I didn't see that, but I have a CF to USB adapter and I got several USB thumb drives and I'll also have several (6 or 7) Compact Flash cards, which is what my camera uses.  We'll get it worked out one way or another.  Thanks for volunteering to load to PB.

I'm renting a 100-400mm L series lens for my camera.  I tested one today and it's VERY clear and crisp.  I should be able to get some good high speed shots.  (I hope I can resist the temptation to whip out the plastic and buy it for my own.)

I'll be there on the morning of the 8th and staying at the Econo-dump again.

See ya then.

RtR

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2008, 08:28:59 PM »
Man this is my second try at posting.  My first went somewhere in cyberspace. Woe is me for not being more proficient in computeresque.

We are headed for WF.  We being a rag tag team associated with a little Brit sports car called a Ginetta G4, powered by a 997cc Ford/Cosworth 105E push rod motor called a  Cosworth MAE.
Bregt Ectors came to me back in March and we have struggled all spring summer and fall getting the thing ready.
Testing went well.  Power is what we expected, and we are almost ready.  He and his wife Helen are in the US from Brittan, although Bregt is originally from Belgium.  Additional team members from the suburban Detroit area, and all salt virgins except me of course. Of course thats the only reason he wants me along  :-d
The car is quite cute, and has turned out quite well.  I think now all we have to do is
GO BLOODY FAST  
See everyone on the salt.  Look for a little tiny car that is BRG and you will find us.....
I'm hoping to be back next year with the liner completed.

Rick

Rick, you're not the only one against whom inanimate objects are conspiring.  I've had a week of things breaking, malfunctioning and costing me money.  Cell phones are at the top of my hate list at the moment.

Ginettas are really kool.  There was one at a Historic Sports Car event last month:
http://www.chevyasylum.com/racing08/200809121314/01_paddock/20080912_1478r8_jpg.html

I look forward to seeing it.

RtR

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2008, 10:38:37 PM »
I'll be there lending a hand on the Kelly & Hall Lakester (664) and the Wilson & Waters Roadster (369). I may have a P-38 Belly Tank in the back of my pickup. Wayno