Author Topic: World finals , So, who's up for it ?  (Read 15599 times)

Offline Billy @ AHG

World finals , So, who's up for it ?
« on: September 30, 2008, 10:39:31 AM »
After reading the play by play of the shoot out, the carnage, both physical and mechanical, the guts and the glory, I'm stoked for the finals !   
How bout it ?   We are thrashing now and plan on being out there early on the 8th !
      So, are ye wit me ?      Black Creek Racing / A-Hole Garage   
Salt Junkie

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: World finals , So, who's up for it ?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 01:25:45 PM »
Nancy and I will be there -- but without bikes.  I'll be the radio announcer as well as "covering" the meet for this website, pushing porta-potties around, inspecting bikes, and so on.  Nancy will work in the sales trailer and will hand out timing slips as the short-course timing slip stand attendant.  When you're getting your slip -- don't forget to ask her about the new tattoo work she'll be getting when we're back home from WF.

See you on the Salt!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Low Sodium

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 03:37:31 PM »
Planning to be there with the Roadster. "Just" need to put the engine back in, plus take care of assorted small items.
"Who has more fun"
W.

P.S. As far as I know, fellow Gear Grinders Chilson (Lakester), Rice-Vigeant (Lakester), and Sights family (Roadster) are going to be there, too.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 07:23:43 PM »
We will be there with bike 278, bike 410 and car 4663, and helping Jon Amo with his scooter.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline bigtim44

• NaCl addict
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 10:06:54 PM »
Our motley crew will be there ,got some work to do this weekend ,theres still a big space where there should be an engine :-D,we'll git er done though.
See ya there

Tim
Salty Box Racing #622 B/DT

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 10:20:07 PM »
I'll be there.  Maybe I can shoot some photos, edit 'em, then hand SSS a Flash card to upload.  I won't have web connection...unless OSU shows up again with their satellite and wifi link.\\

I'm gonna buy some 512 or 1gb cards and if someone wants photos, I can work something out to give 'em the shots right there and then.

RtR

Offline promachine

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 10:24:40 PM »
We will be there wit da 811 & da 511 roadsters. Makin noise and yellow clouds. 8-)
Dirty 2 driver-nitro junkie-H.P. peddler

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 10:25:49 PM »
ray ide like to see some shots of 1212 with the chutes in the air... i wanna see how they fly...
kent

Offline Roadster943

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 10:34:40 PM »

The roadster is loaded on the trailer, the new rocker arms and new quick change gears should be here in the next couple days. I will head out monday.
Land Speed Racing, The sheer joy of spending every dime you've got racing for nothing but glory. David Freiburger

Offline CTRon

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 11:46:40 PM »
We will be there wit da 811 & da 511 roadsters. Makin noise and yellow clouds. 8-)

good luck john! keep that motor in one piece this time.. lol
maxton 2 club member 205.188mph  A/BFR
loring 2 club member 219.807mph  A/BFR
Wilmington 2 club member 202.702 A/BFR
bonneville 2 club member 225.003 XXF/BGRMR

Offline ol38y

• When all else fails, gas it!
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 12:45:10 AM »
ray ide like to see some shots of 1212 with the chutes in the air... i wanna see how they fly...
kent

Just remember Kent, one at a time... :-o

Good luck and be safe...

Unfortunately my season never got started this year, but I'm way ahead for next year...  So, see you all on the saly next year...be safe.

Larry :cheers:
Larry Cason
Bakersfield,CA    It's a dry heat!

2010 BUB 1350 M-PG record
2012 Speedweek  1350 A-PG record 169.975
2014 El Mirage Dry Lake  1350 A-PG  172.651

Offline mrweld

• New folks
  • Hot Rods and Bonneville Bikes - Beauty & Speed
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 02:55:15 AM »
Ron andBob are ready with Bikes 472 and 1472.  The Buels are coming.  Just got to pick Ron's bike up at Lattus and we'll be on our way Monday.

MR WELD HOT RODS & BIKES
Bob Biehler
5248 Johnson Point RD NE
Olympia WA 98516

Offline Brian Westerdahl

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 07:04:37 AM »
The Dannyboy car and crew are back from the Gas-Up.  What a great time we had down there it was quite a road trip 2700 miles.  But well worth it.  What a great bunch of guys The Gold Coast Roadster Club.  They put on a great Barbeque.  The Mendenhalls are very nice to host this great event.  I would suggest that if you have never been you have to go at least once.  What a gear heads museum and Boys Club.
  Yes we are getting both cars ready to go to World finals.  The Streamliner is almost ready to go the new back wheels are getting painted and the new rear tires are being mounted today and ready to put on.  That is the last thing to do to it.
  The lakester is going to be fired up today and check for leaks before we put the body back on.  Both cars got an extra battery for this trip along with extra heaters the Streamlinr now has 9 heaters on the oil water and block.  The lakester has 6 heaters on it.  We are bring an extra generator just to run the heaters.  One year when we were going through Jackpot Nev. it was 4 degrees.  Still wearing shorts though.
  We will be loading Saturday and on our way Sunday.  See you all there.  Brian

Offline Wester

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 07:15:43 AM »
Weather forecast is for low seventies in the day on Tuesday, low forties overnight.  No precipitation after Monday in the long range forecast and that looks to be mostly in the mountains.

Offline Lucky 7

• New folks
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 12:03:38 PM »
Weather forecast is for low seventies in the day on Tuesday, low forties overnight.  No precipitation after Monday in the long range forecast and that looks to be mostly in the mountains.

A question for the Bonneville veterans:

With rain forcasted for Saturday, then light showers on Sunday followed by cool temperatures all week, is there reason for concern that it won't be dry enough to run by Wednesday?