Author Topic: SaltLakeCity info -------------  (Read 2776 times)

roadtrip

SaltLakeCity info -------------
« on: September 15, 2008, 09:48:06 PM »
Hey Salt Lakeians (?)...........

Flying in to SLC tomorrow afternoon.

After we pick up the rental car we want to make a grocery stop for a cheapo cooler, ice and junk food, etc. before we leave SLC. I've spent a lot of time in the city and know how to get around but can't picture the closest (to the airport) Albertsons or whatever. We'll re-supply as needed at Smiths in Wendover.

Tell me where to go .....
Thanks,
DS

Offline Freud

Re: SaltLakeCity info -------------
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 10:03:22 PM »
Roadtrip...my suggestion for the last stop, before u return the car, is TESORO #62097, a gas and mini-mart on North Temple. It's on the Southeast corner of the street. They have a MARVELOUS car wash behind the station. I topped my tank there and paid for the wash job that even washed the underside. It did a GREAT job. I think it cost about $6 and I received a $1 refund on the gas purchase. (Had to go inside to get it) You drive the car into the small wash stall, park it and wait. The car isn't pulled thru the stall. The wash and dry are all done with moving arms.

Their gas price was realistic and the wash was a bargain. At the rental return, they commented on how clean the car was.

Just a suggestion.

Have a blast and tell Todd hello for me.

FREUD Daddy

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 12:17:21 AM by Freud »
Since '63

roadtrip

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 10:27:02 PM »
Excellent ...... I'll make a note of that to stick in the sun visor ... thanks.

Hello to Todd from Freud Daddy ....... I'll do it.

DS

Offline Carl Johansson

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 10:53:51 PM »
If you had one of those Gps thingeys,  you could just call up POI/Grocery store,   barring that, the airport is close to leaving town,  not much out there -  in terms of grocery story. 

You want a Smiths or Albertsons probably,  If it were me I would probably head East (backtrack)  on I-80 about 2 0r 3 miles  to 215 south. Head south, looking for a shopping mall type area.  That way when you are done it's an easy trip back onto I-80 west -  staying out of Salt Lake traffic.

You could also find a grocery store in Tooele -  about 20 miles west on I-80 -  but the town is a ways off the freeway.

Carl
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 10:57:33 PM by Carl Johansson »
Carl Johansson
 Auberry Ca

roadtrip

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 11:14:00 PM »
We'll probably just backtrack towards town on N.Temple.  Seems like I remember a Phillips 66 mini-mart that had more stuff than some grocery stores.

Don't want to screw around too long .... just want head west ASAP.
DS

Offline AJR192

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 12:45:18 AM »
There is an Albertson's at North Temple and 900 West, NE corner of the intersection. Probably the easiest to get to from the airport. A large Rite Aid shares the North half of the complex. There is also a Smith's on the corner of 600 North and 1200 West, but it is kinda ghetto (think gang member shootouts in the parking lot) and a little harder to find than the Albertson's. There are also a TON of food joints right in that area. McD's, Artic Circle, Weinerschnitzel, and The Red Iguana all come to mind. Nish's race shop is about a block south also. Tooele is about a 30 mile detour-kinda a PITA if you are in a hurry to get to Bendover.

Offline Freud

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 08:12:01 PM »
Earlier I mentioned a gas station in SLC with a car wash.

This is the address:   TESORO Station , 1699 W. North Temple.

It's worth finding.

FREUD
Since '63