Author Topic: What is Your Dream?  (Read 5723 times)

Offline Rocky R

• Author/Land Speed Racing Site
Re: What is Your Dream?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 12:29:06 AM »
Mine came true this past week. My mom and dad have been divorced for some time. My kids are nearly grown up and have their own interests to pursue. Yet at the Top One Shootout I had a feeling we might get it right and asked them all to come. They did and got to share something that was pretty special to me...and apparently to them. My brother and my old best friend were also there, as were many good new friends. Our entire crew got to share in it. It doesn't get any better.
Somebody pinch me.  :-o

Woohoo!

Rocky

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 08:43:14 AM »
Rocky, lest anyone forget, your dream to break Dave Campos' long standing motorcycle LSR was realized a couple of years ago, your dream to hold it for a while and ride the fastest MC in the world has now been realized.  I'm glad you were surrounded by family and friends.  I hope you continue to come to events and take the bike on world tour, hope to see you soon, the number on my Top 1 hat needs to be updated.  I think this one will stand for a while...  :-D

Ack, my guess is your dream is now realized too... what's next  :|  :-o  :-D
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Online mtkawboy

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 02:53:24 PM »
A golden parachute so I could afford to race. Do your best to run it but heres 30 million if you fail, heck of a deal !  :?

427MG

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 03:00:16 PM »
To be healthy enough to drive Bonneville next year.

The dream i to finish thecar in the next couple of months, do some testing and tuning early next year, put the car in a trailer and ship it with a tow car to N.Y.
Me, my son and my mate Steve who is also crew chief will fly to N.Y and then road trip to Bonneville via a few places, have a great time with the M.G at Bonneville and then road trip back taking in a few MG shows on the way.  8-)

Scrimp, save, build and dream. :wink:

Offline Freud

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2008, 02:42:38 PM »
I'd bet it would be cheaper to buy a tow car here than to ship one from the UK.

Keep on diggin' and we will see u on the Salt.

FREUD
Since '63