Author Topic: LSR R/C Cars...  (Read 7296 times)

Billy W

LSR R/C Cars...
« on: September 04, 2008, 02:37:05 PM »
Hey guys check this out... if you haven't seen it already.. not sure .. new tothe forums here....

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=VVdkKnSqRlY

We are holding an event just like this for r/c cars in Rockingham NC in October....

Billy W

Billy W

Re: LSR R/C Cars...
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 09:54:07 PM »
Here's three pictures of some of the car we are going to run.. the Orange car.. is the smae car from the video above... it will be here in October.... click the pics for large views...

Billy W

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 10:01:59 PM »
here is a video of a jet powered r/c car being tested.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzdDQfeI9Ik&fmh=18

would realy like some input from the 1/1 world of LSR guys .. suggestions, thoughts etc....

Billy

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 10:29:20 PM »
I like the idea and have thought about it over the years. Might be a great way to do some aerodynamic testing, too. Wayno

Billy W

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 05:18:27 PM »
This is why we speed run r/c cars.......

turn the volume up loud on your computer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP0ukD-kJaU

Billy

Offline GearSpeedKelvo

• GEARSPEED MOTORSPORTS OWNER
  • ORGANIZING THE FIRST PHILIPPINE LAND SPEED RACE
    • GEARSPEED MOTORSPORTS
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 12:11:39 PM »
Me too I like the idea.

Organizing the FIRST Philippine Land Speed Racing
Making the FIRST Philippine Land Speed Race Car on a Honda Civic
GearSpeed Motorsports' FIRST Race Car
PLSRA Philippine Land Speed Racing Association
Lot 6 Block 11 Buencamino St. BF Homes Subdivision Alabang Muntinlupa City
Contact number 807-13-95/09177941980

Billy W

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 05:05:59 PM »
If anyone in the NC or SC area is bored this coming weekend...

Oct 4th Rockingham Dragway will host the "International R/C Speed Challenge"....   gate open at 8am timed runs begin at 10am.. and last till 5pm. .......FREE to spectators......

So far in testing three cars have topped last years record of 134 mph by at least 5 mph.... with last years record holder Nic Case hitting 145 mph..... see video...  >  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CABDBj_myHI

Compeditors form as far away as California, Idaho, and England.. yes England.... are on their way to take part..

For those interested in the battery powered cars... two of the top mfgrs in the US of Lipo cells will be here to lend suport and take part...

Come on out see something totaly differnt and have fun.....Everyone is welcome....

Billy
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 05:09:30 PM by Billy W »

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 05:11:55 PM »
When Breedlove built the last Jet Car he considered testing it by RC, nothing ever came of It I guess. Would have been interesting to see.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 05:23:53 PM by Glen »
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Roadsters.com

• Roadsters.com
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 05:21:27 PM »
That's interesting. In 1996 I worked with a guy that was intent on going after the Water Speed Record by building a boat powered by a General Electric J79. Trying to talk him out of the project didn't work, but I was able to convince him that it would be wise to do some test runs using remote control. He had a scale model of the boat built, but fortunately it was a lack of funding that prevented the project from going any farther.

Dave
http://www.roadsters.com/

Billy W

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 09:22:27 PM »
We've got at least one guy coming from Michigan with a ROCKET car.... just for giggles.. no class for them... yet.... but he has been over 200mph with it in 600ft... Couple guys have tested ducted fan models.. but none of the mini jet engines for the planes have showedu pyet....

Billy

LVMAXX

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 09:23:23 AM »
 :-D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 10:53:21 AM by LVMAXX »

Billy W

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 01:20:00 PM »
LVmaxx... love the pic of the Thunderbird on your page.... believe it or not.. several guys who will take part in our event use what we call "Velo Bodys".. bodys used on r/c cars for Velodrome r/c races... yep the big ovals used for cycling in the olympics.... there the cars avaerage over 70mph a lap...

Tons of 1/1 race car drivers are into r/c cars... Tony Stewart owns and r/c company that makes... yep.. dirt sprint cars and latemodels.... I've raced with Tony Eury Jr and Sr, Dale E. Jr, Todd Bodine, Mark and Jeff Green, Lance Norick, Sam Hornish... to name just a few.... what ever big car race car you are into there is a an r/c version to run... and now the LSR area is begining to grow.

Billy

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 08:29:09 PM »
Richard, I probably won't put a topic for radio controlled vehicles on this site -- for now, for sure.  I might consider, if I saw enough interest, making a link available so that anyone interested could get to some other site that's got the information. 

There are many topics on this site already -- enough that I get a bit of negative feedback on just how "cluttered the topics page is (from new folks that come looking for a specific item and are intimidated by the amount of stuff that's here).  Thanks for thinking of it -- and if you can demonstrate the need I'll give it a re-think.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Billy W

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 10:02:36 PM »
Slim.. hope you don't mind this thread... been doing alot of reading here... i got the event we are having thrust upon me and no guides to go by....lol.....

i plan to take a few pics and post them and some of the speeds set for the weekend also.... hope that ok....

Billy

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 11:57:32 AM »
Posting the stuff is fine -- there may well be a bunch of interested folks out there.  I don't think it's the place nor the time to create an entire free-standing topic, that's all.  Thanks for asking...
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com