Author Topic: Cliff Gullett Passes  (Read 40273 times)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Re: Cliff Gullett Passes
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2008, 01:16:04 PM »
I'm deeply shocked....the worst thing happends to me.....Cliff was one of my closeset friends at the salt.....

My heart is with Cliff's Family and all his friends.

Cliff.......you was a true racer and one who was always interest to push the limit higher and higher.....
........I will never forget you.

God Speed my late friend
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2008, 01:32:08 PM »
God speed to Cliff. Condolences to his family and friends. I never met him,my loss. It is always so shocking and so sad to lose one of our own.

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline mj43

• New folks
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2008, 02:44:54 PM »
Really saddened to hear that. Spoke to Cliff at the end of the 2007 Speedweek - really nice chap. Been following his record attempts - first 350 and now 500.
Please pass our condolences to Cliff's family and friends.

Offline 38Chevy454

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2008, 04:02:08 PM »
Very sad news, thoughts and prayers for his family.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.....

High Quality USA-made bear claw style latches CHEAP! Now including install kits also!
buy here directly:  www.hotrodlatches.com

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2008, 04:13:44 PM »
So very sad to hear this news!
I had not had the opportunity to meet him, but still feel a loss.

Extending my thoughts and best wishes to all his family and friends.
The land speed community will obviously miss Cliff!

Larry

This shows the liner running number 7070 I also have images of it running under number 7078.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 10:09:10 PM by hotrod »

Offline tpotts

• New folks
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2008, 04:26:10 PM »
Speaking as  a stranger, who loves to follow a bold adventure which attempts to extend the barrier of speed, through thoughts, courage,  labor, and ingenuity Jack and Cliff have been inspirational in their efforts .  Cliff will be truly missed. My condolences to Cliffs' family, friends, and Jack who surely lost a great partner.  Gods Speed Tom
Be Good and You Will Be Lonesome: Mark Twain

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2008, 04:55:55 PM »
I received this note today from Curt, the general manager of Cliff's business.  I'll take the liberty of posting it, and his further comments when I get them.

"I AM CURT LANCE, THE GENERAL MANAGER OF TEAM BOZEMAN MOTORSPORTS, WHICH IS OWNED BY CLIFF AND LEANNE GULLETT.
AS REPORTED BY A UTAH NEWSPAPER AND VIEWED ON GOOGLE, CLIFF SUCCUMBED TO HIS INJURIES ON THE SALT AND PASSED AWAY TONIGHT.
LEANNE AND CLIFFS BROTHER, DOUG ARE IN WENDOVER, AND WILL BE MAKING ARRANGEMENTS FOR CLIFF, AND FOR ALL THEIR GEAR...
LEANNE TOLD ME THAT SHE WAS NOT GOING TO LEAVE UNTIL CLIFFS RECORD RUNS WERE CERTIFIED AND HE WAS GIVEN THE RECORD.
CLIFF ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT IF ANYTHING HAPPENED ON THE SALT, HE WANTED IT TO BE QUICK, AND NOT LINGERING.
HE DIED DOING THE THING HE LOVED TO DO MOST -
RACING AT BONNEVILLE.
AS HIS GENERAL MANAGER, MY CONTRIBUTION TO THAT OBJECTIVE WAS TO RUN HIS STORE SO HE COULD "BRING HOME THE RECORDS"
i WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU WOULD BE CERTAIN THAT THE RECORD IS RECORDED IN HIS NAME AND CERTIFIED, AND SOMEHOW GET IT TO LEANNE....
I SPOKE WITH CLIFF THIS MORNING AT ABOUT 8 AM AND HE WAS WELL SPIRITED AND FELT CONFIDENT, SINCE HE HAD RUN A 229 LAST NIGHT, THAT HE COULD GET THE RECORD TODAY.....
I WILL ADDRESS THE LANDSPEED FORUM TOMMORROW AFTER WE HAVE LET OUR EMPLOYEES AND SPONSORS KNOW OF THIS TRAGEDY.
I KNOW CLIFF WILL WANT TO BE REMEMBERED AS THE GUY WHO WENT OUT WITH THE RECORD!!
PLEASE SEE TO IT THAT THAT HAPPENS.

I AM GRATEFUL FOR THE COMMENTS OF MANY OF THE MEMBERS.....
WE WILL RESPOND TO ALL WHEN WE GET THINGS BETTER ORGANIZED AND ARRANGED...

CURT LANCE"

I'm going to registration now to see about the status of Cliff's last run.  I'll be back with you soon.

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Roadsters.com

• Roadsters.com
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2008, 05:19:23 PM »

Bozeman motorcyclist killed in speed trial crash

A Bozeman motorcyclist and business owner died Wednesday when he lost control of his bike and crashed at the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah.

Cliff Gullett, 47, was riding in a speed trial when he lost control of his motorcycle and crashed at about 4 p.m., Tooele County, Utah Sheriff's Chief Deputy Duke North told Deseret News.

Gullett owns Team Bozeman Motorsports on Simmental Way with his wife, Leanne.

Gullett was competing in the 500cc Streamliner class. He was wearing protective gear, but died from injuries sustained in the 200 mile per hour crash, North said.

Investigators were unsure what caused Gullett to lose control of his motorcycle.

"The AMA offers its most sincere condolences and heartfelt sympathies to the Gullett family and friends during this difficult time," the organzation said.

Gullett had set two land speed records with his Streamliner during this year's Speed Week at the Salt Flats and was aiming to set the record for the fastest two-stroke, two cylinder motorcycle in history.

An investigation into the crash is ongoing.

Source:
http://www.montanasnewsstation.com/Global/story.asp?S=8953336

Offline Roadsters.com

• Roadsters.com
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2008, 05:29:15 PM »

Cliff and Leanne Gullett

Team Bozeman Motorsports
http://www.team-bozeman.com/

Offline Dave Haller

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2008, 05:31:03 PM »
I didn't have the honor of meeting him but did see his accomplishments on the net. A huge loss to his family and friends. We pray for them all, God Speed and my he rest in everlasting peace.

Offline KIRIAKAI

• COSTELLA-GULLETT STREAMLINER
    • TEAM BOZEMAN MOTORSPORTS
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2008, 06:50:40 PM »

Cliff loved his experiences at Bonneville, and just a little over a week ago, he was so thrilled to have set three World Land Speed Records, one of which broke a 50 year old record set in 1958.
Yesterday morning he expressed to me his excitement at the prospect of setting yet another record, and we are extremely hopeful that his runs will be ratified by the governing bodies.
The Costella-Gullett Race Team, as well as the Sponsors; Team Bozeman Motorsports, V-Sept Sales & Service, K&T Performance, SCS Vinyl Works, Scorpion Helmets USA and Mountain PBE Supply, Inc., offers their most sincere sympathy and condolences to the entire Gullett Family, including his wife, Leanne, and his son, Casey, age 10 and his daughter, Nicole, age 15.
The family has established the Cliff Gullett Memorial Fund for distribution to Cliff's favorite charities.
Memorials and contributions may be made to:

Cliff Gullett Memorial Fund
                                      c/o First Interstate Bank
                                       Gallatin Center Branch
                                          2023 Burke Ave
                                     Bozeman, Montana 59718
                                            1-406-556-1058

Memorial arrangement have, as yet, not been made, and will be posted here once determined.

The Team Bullett Race Team thanks all those who have expressed their sympathies and concerns for Cliff, and his family.

As the General Manager of Cliff's  motorsports dealership, Team Bozeman Motorsports, I can tell you how devasted all of his employees were to hear of this tragedy.

We are comforted by the many comments from the Race Community, and wish you all records speeds, and safe runs. I know Cliff wishes the same for all of you, as well.

Funeral arrangements and memorial services will be noted here as they are solidified.

Curt Lance
General Manager

Offline Utahfab

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2008, 07:12:18 PM »
Cliff was one of the nicest guys you could ever meet and a class act.  He will be greatly missed.  My thoughts to out to Leanne and their kids.

Billy Nichols
Utah
Billy in Utah

Stock Hayabusa w/53k miles - 181.986mph.  Not so fast, Yet!

Offline RZ350

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2008, 09:19:42 PM »
I spoke with Cliff several times, he seemed very dedicated and passionate about his work.

My condolences to his family and friends.
238 MPH at Bonneville

Offline Ruffryder

• New folks
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2008, 09:52:47 PM »
I have been really good friends with Cliff and Leanne for at least 10 yrs, and I will say that it has been a great pleasure knowing Cliff.  So many fond memories, from the camping trips to his cabin, to going out riding 4-wheelers with him, to just being friends.  Cliff We love you and will miss you.  Our prayers go out to Leanne and the rest of the Family!!   

The Watkins

Offline lvsalt

• http://www.dcwaterjet.com
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2008, 10:03:03 PM »
GOD SPEED Cliff and condolances to his family and friends.

Gary   DCWATERJET Z
Gary Cole     DCWATERJET Z