Author Topic: Bubs 2008 is under way!  (Read 120182 times)

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
Re: Bubs 2008 is under way!
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2008, 11:44:28 AM »
They also had a course shutdown because Noonan  lost a cell phone on the course.

This soooooo sounds like Noonan. I understand losing a cell phone. But ON THE COURSE? Was he talking to his pit crew so they could send instructions on how to steer?

Oh yes, we WILL have fun with this one!!! 

Debbie
PS: Sum, working on something for you. I don't have works but I'll get something out there for the Excel challenged peeps!
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline WildBro

« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2008, 12:01:06 PM »
Maybe he's working for Verizon now....can you hear me now, 231mph....can you hear me now, 232mph....   :-D

Bill

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 12:02:56 PM by WildBro »
aka: Tenno Celeritas

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2008, 12:01:56 PM »
.............PS: Sum, working on something for you. I don't have works but I'll get something out there for the Excel challenged peeps!

Thanks.  When you save the file you should also be able to save a second copy in Works format.  Using Works I can save my spreadsheets in an Excel Format, but for some reason it won't import them right.

c ya,

Sum

Offline ol38y

• When all else fails, gas it!
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2008, 12:10:35 PM »
Sorry gang, I forgot I had this!!!
Attached is the Bub entry list. This should help to cross reference to the run log.
Hopefully we'll receive the remainder of the run logs a little more timely.
With the weekend coming I'll try to get them merged upon receipt and a little more purdied up.

Debbie

Deb thanks for doing this, but would it be possible to also save the file in Works format for those of us that don't have Excel??  My works is suppose to import those, but for some reason it doesn't.

Thanks,

Sum

Deb, what he said... :-D

Thanks, Larry

PS: If Noonan had Verizon they'd found it right away with all those people in the network... :mrgreen:
Larry Cason
Bakersfield,CA    It's a dry heat!

2010 BUB 1350 M-PG record
2012 Speedweek  1350 A-PG record 169.975
2014 El Mirage Dry Lake  1350 A-PG  172.651

landracing

« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2008, 12:12:23 PM »
I also heard the people have worked the system in prestage again, so now they have went to a ticket system to get to pre-stage... Get your ticket here... Make some money take your blown up bike to where they are handing out tickets get your ticket, then sell it to the guy in the far back of the line...

Never heard of anybody working the system on a first come first serve two line system like Speedweek uses... A few, but seems like the oldest but easiest system yet.

Jon

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2008, 12:14:16 PM »
Here's our last report from on-the-scene.  Nancy and I had to leave today to get back for some family business -- but will try to keep reporting with at least the run logs.  Delvene gave us her cellphone so we can call to remind her to send the logs.

Anyway:  We were there for a while this morning at the start line for the long course.  Bub, Ack, and Sam were there...waiting, waiting.  The wind was headwind at 8-13 mph at the start, and the only bikes that ran were one or two sit-on bikes and the #4900 Harley-powered liner.  I'll post a photo or two of that bike in the next post.

Chris Carr was suited up - but was planning to leave by right now (ten AM) to catch a flight to go to another venue where he's to race this weekend.  So -- probably no run for the Bub #7, but maybe I'll be proven wrong.

Mike Akatiff said they'd leave at the end of today whether they make a run or not, because they've got other business to attend to.  But Rocky said that they needed to get in at least one run, even if only at part-throttle, to get some test time on the pretty-much-new bike -- before heading out and coming back in a week or two for the "private" meet.  The bike was as set to go as any of the 'liners -- all buttoned up, push truck in place, just sitting pretty as a picture (in fact, I did take one or two) on the eraly morning salt.

Sam's bike was still on the trailer, but a few folks were standing around - watching Sam twist wrenches on it.  How about that?  The owner and rider is also a wrkench for his machine.  No insult to the others -- but it's good to see Sam's kind of involvement.

The #4900 bike did make a run, as I said earlier, and I heard only the 226 in the mile speed -- nothing for the kilo.  No idea if that was near what he wanted/the class record is.  I'll no doubt hear more and let you know.

So - back to the Ack bike.  In case you didn't know it, the SpeedWeek participant shirt this year featured the Ack Attack bike on the front of the (black) shirt.  So this morning I took our shirts anbd a silver Sharpie and got Rocky to sign 'em for us.  Interesting - that the team didn't know their bike was on the shirt.  They were all asking where they could get some.  If you're coming out to the private meet in two weeks -- bring your shirts for autographs!  Maybe you can sell 'em to the team (assuming they can't get all they want form theSCTA/BNI.

Deep enough for now!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2008, 12:38:05 PM »
I can't save as works at the moment (ahem) but I might be able to tonight unless someone else beats me to it. For now I've made both files into a straight text (.txt) file (yuk) and a Rich Text (.rtf) file which has a little formatting. You can use word, wordpad & notepad to open all of them. For the Mac people I have no clue but assume there must be something to open a .txt or .rtf file.

I'll work on the works file tonight on the train. I assume that is the .wks extension?

Debbie
(Hey Noonan.... can you hear me NOW?!  :lol: oh this is just TOO easy! Maybe he just doesn't have enough friends in the network?!  :-o )

Text files attached below:

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2008, 12:43:07 PM »
Well now, I can't attach rich text files so I made the entries a word doc & will attach. The run logs are too big to attach as a word doc so you're stuck with the plain jane txt format of the run logs until I can convert to works & hope that one is small enough.

It ain't purdy but it's the best I can do for now!  :-)

Debbie

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2008, 12:46:04 PM »
I'll put this here instead of on the topic about Cliff's death.

Dan Wright (USFRA member) sent this video to me.  I haven't had time to watch it yet (in the truck heading down I-80 and battery is limited), but he thinks it's a build of the #7070 liner which Cliff rode.  Take a look and let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch\?v=hFEMMq-bofk
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2008, 12:47:42 PM »
Well now, I can't attach rich text files so I made the entries a word doc & will attach. The run logs are too big to attach as a word doc so you're stuck with the plain jane txt format of the run logs until I can convert to works & hope that one is small enough.

It ain't purdy but it's the best I can do for now!  :-)

Debbie

Hey the plain txt are fine for me.   Thanks so much,

Sum

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2008, 01:07:52 PM »

Dan Wright (USFRA member) sent this video to me.  I haven't had time to watch it yet (in the truck heading down I-80 and battery is limited), but he thinks it's a build of the #7070 liner which Cliff rode.  Take a look and let me know what you think.

VERY cool video Jon, thanks to Dan for getting you to put it to light.
Here's a shorter link.... http://tinyurl.com/5slxjl

And here's another they put up as well.... excellent piece.
http://tinyurl.com/5vzma8

Thanks to Team Bullet for putting these videos out when they did,
Todd

Offline RichFox

« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2008, 01:33:36 PM »

Yes that is it.

landracing

« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2008, 01:40:21 PM »
Just heard today that Tim Horton riding Aaron Wilson's Buell (Orange bike 2000 MPS-PG), the swingarm broke (they think) and spit Timbo off at Speed. They have been running in the 180 mph range. Word is that Timbo is OK, but sustained a broken arm in the accident.

JonAmo

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2008, 01:58:52 PM »
Just heard today that Tim Horton riding Aaron Wilson's Buell (Orange bike 2000 MPS-PG), the swingarm broke (they think) and spit Timbo off at Speed. They have been running in the 180 mph range. Word is that Timbo is OK, but sustained a broken arm in the accident.

JonAmo

Dang! Sorry to hear that! If anyone speaks to them please pass along our well wishes!

Debbie & Todd

landracing

« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2008, 01:59:36 PM »
at 10:15 AM Denis Mannings rider of Bub 7, Chris Carr had to leave the salt. He had to catch a flight to New York for a Flat Track Race.

Ack Attack and Sam Wheeler and sitting at the 0 mile just waiting on wind.  The winds will get calm for a minute and then pick back up, or it's 0 mph at start and like 10-15 down course. So they are just waiting it out until the time is right.

Another rumor on Noonan's lost cell phone routine was that is leathers opened up at speed and blew his arm off the bike and that is where cell phone came out. We will let John tell the story when he gets back.

Jon