Author Topic: Bubs 2008 is under way!  (Read 120187 times)

landracing

Re: Bubs 2008 is under way!
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2008, 01:30:43 PM »
 We do have permission to get the logs directly from the Rices, but that won't start 'til tonight or tomorrow morning.  

I waited until the last run was completed and waited untl the Rice's compilied the information and got it from their USB drive to my computer and put them up before I left their trailer.
\
JonAmo

landracing

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2008, 01:42:51 PM »
You could almost call those weights streamlining beyond the rear axel.

I talked with another racer at BUB's and I asked how the meet was going he state "they are so freakin hosed"... No communication seems to be the biggest complaint... Don't know who's going, who's on course or what speeds anybody is turning. All vehicles must report back to impound after a pass to get your time slip...

Still wish I was there reporting,, I do kinda miss it, being it the middle of everything... ahhhh... well back to work... What was I doing again?

JonAmo

dwarner

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2008, 01:46:07 PM »
These sound like the same problems of the last couple of years. The growth of the event, listening Ratliff, has resulted in issues for the organizers. I am sure they will be able to get this under control before the meet dies a natural death because of lack of entries.

DW

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2008, 01:47:56 PM »
Hosed, meaning dandy, right?  They think so, I fear.  There's supposed to be an FM station on the air (89.7 "Radio Free Bub's" is how it's posted), but all I get on the radio is something like Russian Radio Free Europe jamming.  No PA system, either.  And the racers have to go to REGISTRATION!!!! to get timing slips.

PS  Thanks for the cellphone/USB/internet connection, Jon.  1.5 MBs on the Salt!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

landracing

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2008, 01:56:25 PM »
Latest satellite images show Max with the Vicent Liner is in prestage and ready to give it a go with the sidecar.

JonAmo

landracing

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2008, 02:00:30 PM »
And no other activity from other streamliners as of yet, with exception to the BudFad liner.

Would not expect BUB 7 to run at all during the event unless someone like Ack or Wheeler put down a record number... Tires are still questionable for BUB - 350-375 may be the limit, and how many chances do you want to take?

Jon

Offline Boz

• New folks
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2008, 02:33:27 PM »
Dennis was at the J+P cycle event earlier this year in Iowa and he told me that they ran the Bub 7 in practice and they went from start to 300 mph and back to zero in 5 miles.  I am surprised Ack has not been out.  They are usually the first to go out.  It cost them big time last year.
Life is not the number of breaths you take it is the times that take your breath away.

landracing

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2008, 02:37:11 PM »
Ack Attack crew will be ready to run in about 1 hour, final checks and they will get down to the 0 mile. They plan on making a 280-300 mph pass to check liner out since the changes in liner from last year.

Wheeler will be doing a class record only at about 200 mph with aluminum wheel, this gives him a chance to see how it handles and he will be able to make a turn around record pass to feel out the aluminum wheel.

BUB 7  is sitting at 0 mile with Chris Carr, they could make an attempt at any time. Been there all morning.

JonAmo

Offline ErinKoiso

• New folks
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2008, 02:57:20 PM »
Thanks so much for the updates - I have searched the internet all over looking for any kind of info....
My husband is out there and now I am wishing that I was too!
Thanks again -
Erin

landracing

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2008, 03:11:00 PM »
Erin ,

what is your husband riding? What is vehicle number? And who is your husband?

JonAmo

Offline WildBro

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2008, 03:34:41 PM »
OK, someone needs to come up with a live feed of speeds. Maybe a little video feed.  "Pay for view"  log in here on Landracing, pay your $xx via paypal and get a live feed.  How about it SSS?  If I can pay to see nudy girl web cams, why not a little racing!

Some one just make some speeds up and post them for me PLEASE!  :-D

Bill

aka: Tenno Celeritas

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2008, 03:47:11 PM »
Sleep is optional!
More pictures!!
More information!!!
More!!!!
More!!!!!
More!!!!!!
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline ErinKoiso

• New folks
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2008, 03:48:32 PM »
My husband is Hiro Koiso - he is on a 2006 Harley-Davidson Dyna bike # 7911.
Sounds like he is doing pretty good - just wish I could see something!  Crap I wish I would of went instead of being stuck here at work!
Thanks so much!
Erin

landracing

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2008, 03:54:06 PM »
Problem is not video feeds... Hell I did that a couple years ago on trial... Prloblem is bandwith.... If you didnt know the salt is kinda a kill zone for internet... Wendover isn't the most technical town on earth... Good bandwith is the key to make it work, while most have great download speeds (like the wireless system that I gave JonW) but upload is usually limited to 128K... Now if you want to spring for the 5 meg up and down satellite feed that one would need to make that happen, and the server software, plus a dedicated server ($400/month)  it would only cost you about $10K per event including rented equipment... Trust me I looked for those options about 3 years ago, and mobile unit pricing has not budged in that amount of time. And now we haven't even gotten to the video equipement needs randomly around the course and then of course the problem of feeding that video into a central location for broadcast. How much further do you want me to go?

Now on the other hand feeding live results would not be out of the question and you would only be dealing with a 50-200K file with upload rates like every minute or even 5 minutes could happen pretty easy. The problem with that is feeding into the Rice's system during the event may be a problem. They would  need to export the database every 5 mintues, have that database sent to your computer on the salt, then the file uploaded via ftp or server software.  - with BUB you might have some leway to make it happen - but I dont think so for the SCTA.

I had a solution partially formulated before I sold the site...

JonAmo

landracing

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2008, 05:18:52 PM »
John Minnono had a 220+ mph pass on his blown harley (1650? 2000?) he had to take the fairings off due to a problem with them dragging. So he ran just the tail section and a tiny little nose cone up front.. Damn fast speed for essentially an open bike harley... Good job Minnono.

JonAmo
---still wish I was there---