Author Topic: Bubs 2008 is under way!  (Read 120186 times)

Offline Flyboy

• Graduate National Test Pilots School,
    • http://WWW.SKYDANCERLE.COM
Re: Bubs 2008 is under way!
« Reply #240 on: September 11, 2008, 02:20:11 PM »
Dennis Manning said this was to be a week of fun.... and it was.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 02:53:07 PM by Flyboy »
One Fast ZX-14
Three World and Four AMA Land Speed Records
One Fast Cessna Turbo 210

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #241 on: September 11, 2008, 02:59:47 PM »
We need to get Leslie on here to comment about the Spirit award and who and why she chose Belan, I have great pictures however I have not uploaded them yet.

Now Jason and I have to look over our backs not to just each other but to the Kiwis and some woman from Texas nipping at our (high) heels :cheers:

Funny thing was that not a picture was taken when I was on the back of Jasons bike pleading to let me ride it (it's faster than mine) or atleast have him tow my bike to it's best speed ever... :wink:

Leslie, Jason, Richard you and your teams all worked very hard and this was the best Bubs event ever aside from Cliffs accident.

J

Offline HighFiveCycles

• High Five Cycles
« Reply #242 on: September 11, 2008, 03:14:08 PM »
Bub was an unbelieveable week of fun! Great people and great humor. :-D :-D :-D
Fastest Record of any woman on a motorcycle in the world
FIM 232mph 2000MPSBF record, 192mph 1000PP record
200mph club Naked!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #243 on: September 11, 2008, 03:23:37 PM »
I took a handful of photos of Roger leaving the line (and waiting, too) and tried to post them -- as the batteries in the laptop went dead.  I'll be sitting in the truck tomorrow on the way to WoS - and will again try to get 'em up here.

Yeah, Bub's was fun -- from our standpoint of watching and "reporting", not from running -- which we chose not to do.

We plan to do the same watch-but-not-run at WF this year, but we'll definitely run at World of Speed -- will have the stock ZX14R with maybe a doodad here and there appended, and also the ZX12R's first outing with the new crankshaft.  Whoo-hoo, rides for both of us -- and fun for Todd, watching from the line.  Bringing your leathers, sir -- just in case Nancy allows you to ride her bike and I let you ride mine, and you get your "A" license this time?

Just teasing -- I'll have my spare leathers, and they oughta fit your skinny butt.  Helmets and gloves shouldn't be a problem, and boots -- well, have you ever traveled via airplane while wearing racing boots?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline HighFiveCycles

• High Five Cycles
« Reply #244 on: September 11, 2008, 03:24:38 PM »
It was quite an honor to receive the Spirit award. I chose the first person I met last year on my way to the salt. I was in DFW airport talking motorcycles with Al. Belen came over and introduced herself. She told me about some of her accomplishments. When I wrecked, she sent me a card and a plant with band-aids! I was worried that after my crash, I would not be accepted very well back on the salt. She has been supportive and always gracious. Also, she said she blew the motor on one of her bikes. I wanted to make a contribution to her repair fund!!
200mph club Naked!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #245 on: September 11, 2008, 03:27:33 PM »
I presume that's you, Leslie.  Let me be one of the first to remind you (now that yo've experienced it) that crashing on the salt doesn't make you a pariah.  Nor do the simpler things, like running out of fuel or spinning - and on and on.  Many/most of us have done at least one of these things, and it usually brings a smile ("Ive done that too, so I shouldn't say anything about you doing it.) and then a nod of understanding.

Welcome to the Forum (now that I know who you are).  And thanks for spelling Belen's name correctly.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #246 on: September 11, 2008, 03:32:11 PM »
Jon, Leslie is also in the Gear Grinders as are a few other lady riders that are fast :-)
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #247 on: September 11, 2008, 03:35:46 PM »
Hey, so am I in the GG.  I just have never been to a meeting.  One of these days, one of these days, I will.

Maybe, if things go right, Nancy and I will be at the November EM event, and if that's the case -- maybe we can work in enough time to get to a meeting.  Don't hold me to the fire on this one, but such things are possible with our new-found freedom.  However -- Nancy today began getting the artwork for her next tattoos, and soon after WF she goes under the needle once again.  That might keep  us from EM.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #248 on: September 11, 2008, 03:36:21 PM »
Jon, Leslie is also in the Gear Grinders as are a few other lady riders that are fast :-)

Yep Susan and Connie.. :-D

Offline HighFiveCycles

• High Five Cycles
« Reply #249 on: September 11, 2008, 03:39:46 PM »
Thanks Slim!
200mph club Naked!

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #250 on: September 11, 2008, 03:50:19 PM »
Congratulations on all your accomplishments and awards. Always good to see a Texas lady do very good. It was nice talking to you at SW. Will you be coming to Goliad next month?
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #251 on: September 11, 2008, 03:51:05 PM »

Yep Susan and Connie.. :-D

Hmmm...maybe that's the club I should join so I can be with the fast chicks!  :lol:

Leslie, thanks for the clarification on the award. That was a very cool thing for you to do! Congratulations to you both! :cheers:

Debbie

PS: As for the acceptance thing, I think the big thing is showing up & getting back on the bike after a wreck. Not that it's a requirement or would be any less respectful to decide to hang up the helmet, but showing back up and trying again demonstrates that one is in it for the speed! I think it's easier for us all to accept and respect those that share our passion. You came back, laid it down on the track and rode the hell out of those bikes. Some of the old coots may try to deny it (not our favorite Glen of course) but the rest of us can't help but respect it! Ya done good chickie and we're glad we got to see you make some of your runs!! Meeting Connie at SW was another great moment! 70 years young! I hope the heck I can still ride at 70 let alone running consistently over 200!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 03:54:04 PM by DahMurf »
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #252 on: September 11, 2008, 03:53:23 PM »
Deb,

Connie is not 70 years old :x

She is 70 years young :wink:

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #253 on: September 11, 2008, 03:54:45 PM »
You're right! (never thought I'd say that!  :roll: )
I fixed it! Thanks!
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline HighFiveCycles

• High Five Cycles
« Reply #254 on: September 11, 2008, 04:03:11 PM »
Thanks Deb. It was great to meet you on the salt at SW! I hope to see you out there again soon. Last year I took a stock Busa to El Mirage in Novenber after my accident. I wanted to get back out there as soon as possible. I was still sore, but I'm hard-headed. I am very thankful to have had a remarkable couple of weeks on the salt this time! Connie is a huge inspiration! She is one fast lady, regardless of age! The way she got back out there after her crash was amazing. I need to get her autograph next time I see her. I want to hang it in my shop.
200mph club Naked!