Author Topic: The trip to Bonneville  (Read 2320 times)

Offline 836dstr

The trip to Bonneville
« on: August 25, 2008, 12:44:03 AM »
We decided to split the trip from San Diego to Wendover in halve and spent the first night in Cedar City. We stopped for gas in Mesquite as a thunder storm was forming to the south. The storm was about 2 miles in diameter up against the mountains. It looked like we could skirt the storm to the North on I-15. WRONG! I have never seen such a violent storm with so many lightning strikes so close together, So much for all the "Salt-away" I sprayed on the truck and trailer the day before!

Decided to stop at the Cracker Barrel in St.George, Utah for dinner. When we came out the sunset was spectacluar. The sun rays from behind the ridge to the west reminded me of the Arizona State Flag. The colors from the high and low clouds were amazing. I grabbed the camera and clicked off a couple of pictures (one attached) but it did not do justice to the sunset.

I talked to Glen @ Salt Talks about it and he said it's like that every night!

Now I know why you moved there Glen !!

Tom

Offline Stan Back

Re: The trip to Bonneville
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 04:07:42 PM »
Yeah -- but how'd you run? 

(Did you get my PM reply?  I can't tell when they're sent.)

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 09:22:54 PM »
Stan,

Got your PM and responded this morning.

Congrats again on bumping your own record.

Tom

Offline Roadster943

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 12:26:34 AM »

Congrats on your record Stan. I enjoyed talking with you and look forward to next time. Vince
Land Speed Racing, The sheer joy of spending every dime you've got racing for nothing but glory. David Freiburger

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 11:58:57 AM »
Thanx, guys.

Most importantly, we rescued the record that was mistakenly given to a coupster last year.  We're particularly pleased to have set it at 199, 201, 206 and now 210 with lots of competition.  We've just refined the combination and may be at the max of our endeavor -- but it's been fun.

Stan Back
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records