Author Topic: The pictures guy on the Salt  (Read 3145 times)

Offline V8Pinto

The pictures guy on the Salt
« on: August 05, 2008, 08:19:31 PM »
How do I get ahold of the guy that sells photos on the Salt?  Last year he found me when I was cruising through the pits.  I want to make sure I get some pics of my new bike this year.
Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: The pictures guy on the Salt
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 08:53:46 PM »
Don't worry, he will find you....
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 08:42:38 AM »
His kids caught me in the car wash just as I was leaving town. Gave me some proofs and I ordered some of the pics which were done very nicely. I just ran across the mailing tube with his name on it: Laser Imaging in Phoenix, AZ 602-841-8106

Randy
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 03:42:34 PM »
Robert....are there more "salt photographer" around :-D :roll: :wink:
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline artmodelman

• New folks
  • Bonneville Salt Flats photographer and author
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 04:15:16 PM »
Thomas Graf, known as "Pork Pie" is a well known photographer on the Salt... ask around, and you'll find him at Speedweek. He and I should both be at Salt Talks.

I am also a photographer on the salt, You can see my work on the menu's at the Salt Flats Cafe mexican restaurant, by the truck stop at exit 4. I will be at Speed Week also. You can reach me at: artmodelman@yahoo.com.
Jim Keeler

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 04:51:46 PM »
Thomas Graf, known as "Pork Pie" is a well known photographer on the Salt... ask around, and you'll find him at Speedweek. He and I should both be at Salt Talks.

I am also a photographer on the salt, You can see my work on the menu's at the Salt Flats Cafe mexican restaurant, by the truck stop at exit 4. I will be at Speed Week also. You can reach me at: artmodelman@yahoo.com.

Hey I love those menus and I've been a good boy (wll make that old man) and haven't taken one, but I often think they could/should sell them,

Sum

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 07:15:22 PM »
So, either of you guys get any pics of bike # 765 last year?  If you do this year, look me up at the San Diego Roadster Club pits :-D
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 12:44:42 AM »
Robert....are there more "salt photographer" around :-D :roll: :wink:

PPie, there is a guy that actively hawks pictures, they run down every racer.  He is a BNI vendor.
Most of us that have been there awhile know your pictures.  We know you don't push to sell your pictures, but we also know if we want a good picture of our junk running we should look you up. 
If you want to find Porkpie, look at the start line or down course, he is the guy with the vest, hat and camera.  Loved the shots you took of our stuff last year... I want more this year.  :wink:
See ya on the salt  8-)
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 07:15:21 PM »
I'll also be there (if the good Lord's willin and the creek don't rise) with a vest, hat and camera.  It won't be hard to tell me and PorkPie apart.  He's the good lookin one.  I won't have my Ugly Truck this year, I'll be in a red Suburban with the plate that sez "Burrrrb."  (don't ask...it seemed like a good idea at the time.)

I have photos of prior years on my web server:
http://www.chevyasylum.com/Welcome.html  The photos on my site were done with point and shoot digital cameras up to World Finals 2006 when I went nuts and bought a Canon DSLR.  This year I'll be using a Canon 40D...which can capture some fairly good images...if the loose nut on the shutter release button doesn't screw it up.

I don't shoot the photos as a business.  I just like doing it.  But JoAnn Carlson of SCTA was kind enough to grant my request for media credentials.  I'm VERY pumped up about this event.  I feel kinda like a kid (ok, a very old one) waiting for Christmas.  :)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 01:59:05 PM »
  He's the good lookin one. 

Ray....you never saw me when I had a stressful day in the office.....man.....than you look young :roll:
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)