Author Topic: What is some of the slang out there??????  (Read 10138 times)

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
Re: What is some of the slang out there??????
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2008, 02:20:52 PM »
Thanks PorkPie! We're all about the safety side of things and would never intentionally do anything to jeopardize that! But you know us newbies, we're always doing something stupid just cause we didn't know or understand! That's why I'm being a pest & trying to understand as much as I can before we get there! I'm going to have my hands full trying to control Todd once we're there!  :-D

Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

dwarner

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2008, 02:22:15 PM »
Feb,

We will make sure you and Todd are put into the cat corral.

DW

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2008, 02:29:34 PM »
Deb,

We will make sure you and Todd are put into the cat corral.

DW

:-D Now you're on to us!! We'll need muzzles & leashes so we're not just running wild!

Wait, what's the "cat corral", is that more slang, should I be worried?  :-o
Deb

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2008, 03:07:03 PM »
Deb, something else to do for fun: Volunteer to work a return timing slip booth. Celia and I did this in 2005 one morning for a couple of hours on the long course record runs.It was a blast to see the drivers and crews when they got their slips with a record. Also helped us get Even more hooked.
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline wolcottjl

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2008, 03:23:58 PM »
Deb,
Keep asking questions.  The more you do the less I have to.   :-D  We will be there on Sunday eve staying most of the week with part of the family.  Mom leaves on Tuesday for Florida.  So its me and the boys for the rest of the time.  The purpose of our visit is to learn so we can come out next year.

Joel
Joel Wolcott
Moving to 2 wheels in 2010

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2008, 04:25:04 PM »
TS, Todd and I are doing everything in our power not to intentionally volunteer! We work our butts off with the ECTA and know how it sucks you in and you never get out!!! We enjoy the heck out of it but we really need to see and do as much as we can this trip without getting stuck at any one place. We do plan to bring and run a bike or two one of these years so this is our year to learn all that we can without the burdon of running our own bike! That doesn't mean we won't help out we're just really trying not to this once!  :lol: The only semi commitment I've made is to help Glen in the tower (not that I have any clue what to do up there other then holding his beer) because I've heard he may be a little short handed (too many beers not enough hands  :? ) but I figured how bad can it be helping out at the best seat in the house. Plus I hear it's cool up there! (large beer cooler I think  :-P )

Joel, glad you're benefitting too! I was hoping I wasn't the only one with a million questions! You know me, I'll keep asking & keep blabbing on until I'm the only one left listening to myself! (just ask Todd! :lol: )

Looking forward to seeing you & the fam!
Deb

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2008, 08:44:31 PM »
Deb (and others):

As I remember it, all of the greater Wendover Metroplex (HAH!) runs on Utah time -- Eastern minus 2 hours.  The Nevada town folks chose to synchronize with the Utah folks so there isn't that nasty disconnect.  If what I say is not the case -- well, either things have changed or we've been really durned lucky all of these years.  We've made dinner reservations on Utah time in a Nevada restaurant -- and everything worked okay.  So check it out -- but I don't think you'll need to worry (except if your phone does change.  In that case you can probably disable the function for the week).

As for your safety garb -- you don't necessarily need to have yours inspected with a bike.  That is, Cathy Butler and Nancy and some others ofter have a leather-checking station at the input area for bike inspection, and they'll check leathers there whether you're with me or anyone or no one.  Other than the previously-stated differences between ECTA and SCTA legal leathers, the big difference is that at Bonneville you'll get a metal date-stud-rivet inserted in the shoulder of the leathers -- so the starter can check when you're at the line.  There are stickers for the helmet, too -- but you're used to that from Maxton.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

dwarner

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2008, 08:53:31 PM »
Jon is somewhat correct about the Nevada hotels running on salt time. My only experience is at the Rainbow and they use salt time. The problem arises when a person uses their watch for the wakeup call and they are on Pacific time. If you don't make the 7:00 AM pull out call from impound I have to hold you back. No exceptions. Last year I had a guy in a van sitting in impound when we all left. He finally decided to move 3-5 minutes past seven, I had to stop him from his return run, he had to requalify.

Back to the topic - the tower runs on Scotch, Impound on beer.

DW

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2008, 09:25:18 PM »
Jon is somewhat correct about the Nevada hotels running on salt time. My only experience is at the Rainbow and they use salt time. The problem arises when a person uses their watch for the wakeup call and they are on Pacific time. If you don't make the 7:00 AM pull out call from impound I have to hold you back. No exceptions. Last year I had a guy in a van sitting in impound when we all left. He finally decided to move 3-5 minutes past seven, I had to stop him from his return run, he had to requalify.

Back to the topic - the tower runs on Scotch, Impound on beer.

DW

:-o man you run a tight ship! I'm really going to have to watch Todd if he ever makes it to impound. He doesn't do well with schedules & time lines! :lol:

Scotch, beer... geeze, so much to learn, so little time!  :evil:

Deb

Offline NArias3

• Arias Components
    • Arias Components Engineered
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2008, 09:29:41 PM »
Once you get used to the classes you will able to talk with knowledge about the speeds dropping the first diget:

A XF/GC runs a 152, you can say 52.

A E/GS runs a 252, you can say 52.

Nish runs a 352, you can say 52.

Study the classes and records, it will come to you.

Like JD says its the 1/4 mile time. Like a pro you can say "Its all about the quarter, the rest is run out".

DW

Hey Dan-
What if Yacoucci runs a 52 on Romero's 50cc Moped?  Can I say, "no time"?

Nick 3rd.
SCTA Gear Grinder.

https://ariascomponents.com

dwarner

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2008, 09:31:54 PM »
42 maybe, 52? nah

DW

Offline desotoman

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2008, 09:49:15 PM »

Hey Dan-
What if Yacoucci runs a 52 on Romero's 50cc Moped?  Can I say, "no time"?

Nick 3rd.

Nick 3rd,

This year you can say "No show". We won't be running the Express this year at Speedweek.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.