Author Topic: pit entry  (Read 2703 times)

Offline bobh

pit entry
« on: July 29, 2008, 01:08:46 PM »
With all the entries for speedweeks,and the traffic jam on the entry road, why can't the pits be open saturday for parking and set up only? No getting in line for tech etc.

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
Re: pit entry
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 01:18:58 PM »
If I get to the entry road at 7am Sunday morning will there already be a long line to get in? If so what time of day does it lighten up?
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 01:27:30 PM »
It gets light enough to run record return runs by seven or so, so at six, when the pits open for the return run(ners) it'll be in the early stages of getting light. 

As for why the pits open for hoi polloi on Sunday, not Saturday, contact the SCTA/BNI and chat with them.  The course, pits, and other setup chores need to be complete before the gates are opened, so to speak -- you might be able to convince them to start the work a day earlier.  You might also convince snowballs not to melt in August in Wendover.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 01:39:03 PM »
With the number of entries and last day set up and testing of timing equipment it would only add to the confusion. As there is no insurance or emergency service on the salt until Sunday the BNI is protecting themselves as well. The line in on Sunday takes about an hour or so to get on the salt.

Every event regardless of whose it is has operating schedules to work by. As large in size and entries BNI must follow their schedule and only ask the racers to cooperate with them.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 03:08:26 PM by Glen »
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline V8Pinto

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 03:41:28 PM »
I've got no problem waiting in line.  Last year I met a guy on a 750 Kawi turbo that was touring the U.S. on his motorcycle.  and he and the bike were from Japan!

You meet the nicest people on the Salt (or even while waiting to get on the Salt)
Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4

dwarner

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 08:20:33 PM »
At the meeting last Friday night the BNI board stated that they will strictly adhere to the 7:00 AM Sunday entry time.

DW

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 08:56:05 PM »
At the meeting last Friday night the BNI board stated that they will strictly adhere to the 7:00 AM Sunday entry time.

DW

Thanks Dan and I'm sure we all understand.  One week there kills me and some of those guys are there almost 2 weeks.

c ya soon,

Sum

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 10:20:08 PM »
Having arrived at the end of the road around 4 a.m. several times in a atempt to get a good pit spot, I just wish that everyone else parked there would try to catch some shut eye that 90% of us want and NEED.  There are always a few airheads who think it is a good time to laugh it up.  Sign me:  One tired Jose after a 14 hour tow................
Bob Drury