Author Topic: Sumner's lakester  (Read 8711 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Sumner's lakester
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 11:08:07 AM »
I talked to Sum about 3 weeks ago.He has had some health issues and is working on repairing the boat. His plans are to start working on the lakester real soon. He said to tell everyone hello and he will be back.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 11:57:47 AM by Glen »
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Freud

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 11:18:07 AM »
The HELLO from Sum is fine but the real gem is that HE WILL BE BACK.

Kinda miss that bugger.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 12:20:00 PM »
Ditto!!

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 01:00:45 PM »
Great news!

Ed

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2010, 01:09:17 PM »
I have missed Sum's contributions to this Website. Glad he will be back!

Tom

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2010, 06:21:25 PM »
Hi guys, Glen was checking in on me and asked me to post and it is bad to not mind your elders  8-) , so here I am.  Thanks for the good words guys and concern.

First off, yes Bob, I'm in love and hope to stay that way  :-) and I wish you all the luck in finding that special person that meets your monetary requirements  :wink:  :-).  There are more rich women out there besides Ruth, so don't give up  :evil:.

As has been reported we made the mistake/good move of buying a sailboat...........

............... a little over a year ago and have been more or less tied up either modifying it...........

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/macgregor/macgregor-index.html

............... and/or ..............

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/macgregor-trips-1/macgregor-trips-1-index.html

...................enjoying it.  It has been one of those works of love.  We have really enjoyed both aspects of having it.

As was reported I was hurt during.........

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/MacgregorTrips-3-Powell09/09-10-9-Powell-09.html

......a little incident on our last trip, but I'm finally about over it.  While recovering from it I decided to get a little maintenance out of the way and had a double hernia operation and a cataract operation.  Good news is I can see what I'm lifting again and my shoulder is finally over 95% back.  I just started working in the shop recently (second axle and brakes on the boat trailer), but not on the lakester   :cry:.

I will get back to it though, but realistically it will probably be about this time next year.  I still have a number of mods I hope to get done on the boat and from there on in it should be some maintenance and trips.  Mean while we hope to go back to Lake Powell in May to finish what we started there and then Idaho/Wyoming this summer and then Florida with it hopefully for maybe 3 months next fall to do the Keys and finally if we have the money and can get it done go to Australia next spring for their meet there and their Street Rod Nationals.

Then back hopefully full time on the lakester.  I walk around it almost every day now and do look forward to getting back on it.  On that subject I've decided to by-pass the 750 and go straight to most likely a blown 'busa.  If anyone might be interested in being in on the engine side and sharing the driving think about that and let me know.

At this point we aren't sure if we can make Speed Week or not this year, but will try and hope to see you guys,

Sum

Our Trips to Lake Powell, UT - Kootenay Lake, Canada - Priest Lake, ID

Our Mac Pages

Mac Links 

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2010, 06:39:05 PM »
It's good to hear your (computer) voice, Sum. Take care of yourself. Wayno

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2010, 08:12:33 PM »
Sum good to hear from you. Congratulations on finding someone really special, and having met and been around Ruth she is pretty special.

I got a pretty good na busa motor. :-D

Fred
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Geo

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 08:31:19 PM »
Sum,

Thanks for updating us and checking in.  Bill and I wonder about you and Ruth the few times we get together during the year.  Good to hear you will be back on site in the future.

Say hi to Ruth for us and give her a kiss too.  Will see you both in the not to distant future.

Geo

Offline Freud

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2010, 08:59:40 PM »
With his assurance that he will return, ALL'S WELL.

The salt will still be there when you get back.

Good Man.

FREUD

Since '63

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2010, 11:38:35 PM »
  Sum, we only live once, and if you never get back to the project, we will all be behind you a 100% and very appreciative for all you added to this site.
  LSR is just a slice of the big pie and sometimes we eat the last piece first (I gotta get off of these meds)...........  anyway, its great to see you back on the site.  Most of us........ er, some of us have been behaving pretty darn good.
  It's great to have DW the mystery man posting now and then, and even J.D. pops in on occasion.
  Keep the plug in the boat and hurry back.  We all look forward to your updates.   Bob :cheers:
Bob Drury

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2010, 12:40:33 AM »
................I got a pretty good na busa motor. :-D......  Fred

Hey I noticed that.  Congrats from both of us :-D.

Good to hear from the rest of you guys also and I'll pass on your hellos to Ruth.

I forgot to add something this morning.  I haven't been on here much and I know a lot of you guys have new projects and web sites.  If you would like me to add them to my "LINKS page"  please pm me the link to the site and/or post it here or e-mail me at......

contact20 (at) purplesagetradingpost (dot) com

.....and I'll be sure and add them for you.

Thanks,

Sum

Offline hitz

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2010, 01:47:34 AM »
Sum,
 Good to see you back on the forum.
 It was good to see you and Ruth at Speed Week although we didn't get a chance to talk much. We were happy to meet Ruth and Mary Jane was able to visit with Ruth a little.
 I have a lot of things to do to my lakester and am having trouble finding time to work on it. It took me over 4 years to build it and I had neglected the homestead badly during that time so I have a lot of catching up to do.
 I'm planning to go to speed week and I'd love to take the lakester but don't think it will be ready. Hope to see you there!

harv

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2010, 12:00:43 PM »
Sum, I wasn't bragging, if you dont come up with a turbo motor, think about my na motor.

Fred
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2010, 01:26:40 PM »
Sumner - Welcome back to you virtual home-away-from-home.  I'm happy to hear that you're on the mend, that you've found an adventurous filly to share your life with, and that your input to this forum will be continuing.

The best to both you and Ruth.

Chris

P.S. By the way - I remember the Rev gave you a piece from their bellytank to incorporate into your build.  Curious as to where you'll be incorporating it.  They went 193 at Lake G. a few weeks ago - couldn't back it up, but Dr. G. still hold the record.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll: