Author Topic: 265mph+ sit on bike tires  (Read 11459 times)

Offline jimmy six

Re: 265mph+ sit on bike tires
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2008, 06:12:50 PM »
I'm not sure on M/C tires but didn't the Burklands run a Z rated passenger tire to destruction a little over double its 200 MPH rating?. Not sure how this would rate to a M/C tire or if loading would have as much to do with its destructiuon as much as slippage from heat would do.

None of you "hotter" riders have ever mentioned rear wheel speed and maybe your keeping it to yourself for good reasons. I personally would have more concern over the heat with slippage. 4 wheelers have this same problem especially when taking the Dunlops to a high speed or at least they should. If you are "hooked-up" my personal opinion is you can take a little more speed without worry; but slippage causing heat will harm any tire or rubber compound and that would concern me. 

If I were coming to B'ville with a 250 mph M/C, I would have 6 or 8 mounted new rear tires in my trailer just in case. Just the cost of racing and safety. Good Luck and I hope one or more of you reach 265 so you can look to 270................JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Sam Green

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2008, 07:05:54 PM »
A quick answer then I have to Scoot.. :mrgreen:

A bike has already exceeded 265 mph in England on an airport runway and this was done with ZR style tires and he had no issues regarding tires.

With custom wheels there are LSR tires available that would be "legal" however not necessarily any safer, just "legal" :roll:

Hi John, some details of the bike and tyres in this thread from the 200mph.net forum regarding Frank, the flying dutchman.

http://www.200mph.net/smf/index.php?topic=53530.0

Sam. :-)

Your Like won't go through :??

Didn't realise you couldn't see the thread, here's a little info from Frank if it works.

Flying Dutchman
True 200mph
50mph

Re: Info on the Flying Dutchman
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 03:01:30 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: ncdragster on August 16, 2007, 12:36:15 AM
Frank,
   Care to share any info??
                 Wayne

hahahahahahaahahahahaaha

Sorry i write not so good englisch

The first time i was riding in 2001 nobady tells any thing to me every thing was secret so we must finding every thing self.
And now every bady wants to now.
I have no secret
Hp 500 to 600
Engine 1300 cc
Swing 10 inch
Tires hpx
And very big balls 

Frank

Sam.
175cc Woodbridge Mile record holder 118.3mph

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2008, 07:22:41 PM »
JD hit it right on the head, as mentioned in earlier posts (not my long winded one from today :-D) it has been mentioned that the main problem is the tires either chunk or blister and in every case I have seen it is mainly Turbo bikes and the occasional Nitrous bike, it happens from over spinning the drive tire at a percentage that is probably more then 8-10 percent of actual speed.

I seem to have great luck with tires and when I encounter noticible spin I will either roll out or if I am not in top gear I will shift to the next highest gear and wait for the gearing to catch-up with the HP reducing the spinning of the tire...Great point JD.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 07:24:34 PM by John Noonan »

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2008, 08:06:36 PM »
There we go, thanks guys! That's the kind of info I was looking for.
I didn't want the newer folk to think that all ZR MC tires were created equal.
I've been to meetings with experts and heard a lot of the talk and understand it all
but tires seem to be my technical Achilles heal and I find it hard to articulate the facts
that I know!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge to help keep us all safe!

Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2008, 09:41:38 PM »
At what speed would you not feel comfortable with a ZR tire John?

Scott

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2008, 09:46:57 PM »

Scott

I'm not John and don't have an answer, but I was wondering are you talking about a sit-on bike or a heavier streamliner?

Sum

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2008, 10:05:13 PM »

Scott

I'm not John and don't have an answer, but I was wondering are you talking about a sit-on bike or a heavier streamliner?

Sum

Well Sumner since this is a sit-on bike thread I guess I am speaking of a sit-on bike.......... :-D :-o Long day in the garage Sum?

Nothing but love for ya Sum....

Scott

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2008, 10:16:28 PM »

Scott

Sum

Well Sumner since this is a sit-on bike thread I guess I am speaking of a sit-on bike.......... :-D :-o Long day in the garage Sum?

Nothing but love for ya Sum....

Scott

Long day, but not much accomplished and I can't stop thinking about the future bike you are thinking about  :wink:,

Sum

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2008, 10:41:52 PM »
Long day, but not much accomplished and I can't stop thinking about the future bike you are thinking about  :wink:,

Sum

Me either........

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2008, 11:20:44 PM »

Sum

Me either........

Get back to work Mr! (sum) You have a car to finish! Stop all this foolish day dreaming!  :evil:

(tell us about the future bike that needs over 265 wheels!  :lol: )

Deb

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2008, 11:25:06 PM »
Deb - I am planning on building another bike, right now I am researching and asking lots of questions. I am doing my homework in an effort to build a SAFE bike. Well safe as can be at over 200.......I am not going to let go of any of the details of the build until I actually start building because right now it is just a pipe dream.

Scott

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2008, 12:30:12 AM »

Sum

Me either........

Get back to work Mr! (sum) You have a car to finish! Stop all this foolish day dreaming!  :evil:

(tell us about the future bike that needs over 265 wheels! :lol: )

Deb

Deb,

Just imagine a solo bike with a big Turbo and a rather high seat placement..actually it is a Unicycle witout a seat (just a tall post) and FR is the first to ride it... :lol:

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2008, 12:32:36 AM »

Scott

If I were going to build a one off LSR dedicated bike I would use the PROVEN lsr tires.....that is if I was running over 275 or so..and only then would I consider a parachute....however I would not wear one at 274.999mph... 8-)

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2008, 02:42:48 AM »
Deb - I am planning on building another bike, right now I am researching and asking lots of questions. I am doing my homework in an effort to build a SAFE bike. Well safe as can be at over 200.......I am not going to let go of any of the details of the build until I actually start building because right now it is just a pipe dream.

Scott

Ahh ok, see now I'm thinking that I've seen this referenced in one of your other threads! Good luck with your current & future ride. I look forward to watching the build when you do it!
Deb