Author Topic: Milwaukee Midget  (Read 3273806 times)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Milwaukee Midget
« Reply #7785 on: July 02, 2021, 01:59:36 PM »
So their slogan is drink lots of Huber then Uber.... it will Lyft your spirits  :cheers:

So Chris, I guess you will be sharing cheap beer and good whiskey with all your friends at Bonneville.... Oh and party crashers like me!!!

yes Jerry it's Friday
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #7786 on: July 02, 2021, 09:20:11 PM »
midget,

For your laptop:

https://superflow.com/windyn-data-viewer/

Did not try the download myself, as I already have copies.   You NEED to follow the installation instructions to the letter.

Dynodataboy

midget,

Drive arrived in mail today.

Will copy files when I return to T&T after vacation.   Will then return to your location above the "curtain".      NEED to lower my BP & drain my "coping bucket" a bit.

Too many members of the "Dunning-Kruger University" out there.    It's a interpersonal problem for me, never have dealt well with omnipotence . . . . .

Fishyboy

Made a foray to T&T yesterday, to pick up some bits.   "Reducing my presence" (and stress level) from what it was . . . .

Took your drive and copied all 100 or so of your data files from 2013, 2014 and 2021.

It's winging its' way to you, courtesy of the USPS.   Analyze to your heart's content.   You are going to have to "cross load" the 2021 data files to Excel to interface with your Holley data, unless the Holley analytics allow loading of outside data.   Perhaps someone more knowledgeable with the Holley system can advise.   Forget T.O., can't do it. 

TTFN
 :cheers:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 09:22:03 PM by fordboy628 »
Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #7787 on: July 02, 2021, 09:44:34 PM »
I've always liked that jingle - and what a great moniker for a beer!  Take a swig or two and burp -- the noise sounds like the name of the brew. . .

Tangent:  Blatz was/is a bland, light, and kinda sweet drink that is pretty generic.  I used to stage a beer-tasting contest (a blind test, like "The Pepsi Challenge", yanno) when we'd have the gang visit, and dang near every time I tried it -- Blatz was the most popular choice.  This was way back - like the 70s and 80s, when Heiniken was still exotic and Coors was imported by a buddy who brought some back from his trip out west.

Yes, those were the days when every local Milwaukee neighborhood street intersection had 4 beer taverns: Blatz, Miller, Pabst, and Schlitz. All on tap. You brought your growler to take home and keep in the ice box. The local hot rod club was the Schlitzers. Augie Pabst had a terrific sports car career. Milwaukee had a great auto racing history!

MOST of my great uncles, drank Blatz.  I always thought it tasted like it sounded.   The others drank Pabst or Hamms, ("from the land of sky blue waters . . . "), ok, but non descript.   My uncles ALL drank Schitz or Stroh's.  It was a generational thing.   All are pretty pale and bland lagers, great ice cold on a HOT summer's day.

BUT, I've made no secret that I have gone over to the "dark side" as I've aged and my taste has "matured".   Currently that means: Robert the Bruce, Scottish Ale from 3 Floyds, or Dragons Milk, Bourbon Barrel Stout Ale from New Holland.  Oh yeah, Bourbon is good too.  Until Oktoberfest season anyway.

Racing causes you to drink, I think.    BUT, WTH do I know, both of my parents families are filled with alcoholics.   Dodged a bullet . . . .

:cheers:  :cheers:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #7788 on: July 02, 2021, 11:30:48 PM »
Mark... right there with ya on the flavor side... 3 Floyds did a beer with Boulevard that I could get it Kansas... Deep Flux... very tasty.  One of my buds is up in KC, MO this weekend, I need to call him to see if he can locate 3 Floyds there. I will always take beer recommendations from you...
BtW, congratulations on cheating the reaper for another year.... my motto, make 'em all count.... so far I've outlasted my dad by 27 years.... obviously by clean living, not taking any chances or doing dangerous stuff...  :? 
Stainless

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #7789 on: July 03, 2021, 03:08:33 AM »
So their slogan is drink lots of Huber then Uber.... it will Lyft your spirits  :cheers:

So Chris, I guess you will be sharing cheap beer and good whiskey with all your friends at Bonneville.... Oh and party crashers like me!!!

yes Jerry it's Friday

Depending on where one lives - and the laws in different states vary on this topic - work release for nonviolent offenders is referred to as "Huber".

That program was - and this is according to the tour guide who walked us through the Minhas Brewery where Huber Bock is made today - started in Monroe, Wisconsin and helped provide brewery workers by giving day passes to inmates to make beer.

That yarn flies in the face of the genealogical record of the Huber family here in Wisconsin, but the tour guide gave us free beer at the end of the tour, and seeing as Kate doesn't drink beer, I wound up with 4 free beers!

So I'll let the tour guide continue to spin her tale. I mean, shucks - I don't want to be rude . . .

So Bob, to your point, yes, I'll be bringing beverages. It's one of the reasons I want Nick to drive the car this time.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #7790 on: July 03, 2021, 08:50:45 AM »
And I thought it was because you don't fold as well as you used to....  :naughty

I look forward to trying a Huber... I should be on work release by August  :cheers:
Stainless

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #7791 on: July 05, 2021, 04:04:32 PM »
midget,

For your laptop:

https://superflow.com/windyn-data-viewer/

Did not try the download myself, as I already have copies.   You NEED to follow the installation instructions to the letter.

Dynodataboy

midget,

Drive arrived in mail today.

Will copy files when I return to T&T after vacation.   Will then return to your location above the "curtain".      NEED to lower my BP & drain my "coping bucket" a bit.

Too many members of the "Dunning-Kruger University" out there.    It's a interpersonal problem for me, never have dealt well with omnipotence . . . . .

Fishyboy

Made a foray to T&T yesterday, to pick up some bits.   "Reducing my presence" (and stress level) from what it was . . . .

Took your drive and copied all 100 or so of your data files from 2013, 2014 and 2021.

It's winging its' way to you, courtesy of the USPS.   Analyze to your heart's content.   You are going to have to "cross load" the 2021 data files to Excel to interface with your Holley data, unless the Holley analytics allow loading of outside data.   Perhaps someone more knowledgeable with the Holley system can advise.   Forget T.O., can't do it. 

TTFN

Thanks to the "stellar service" of the USPS, since its' "upgrade" under the Post Master General . . . . . . .

A cursory check of the tracking # (YEAH, I won't send ANYTHING without a tracking #), lists your package as:  In transit, arriving on time.

NO planetary information was available . . . . . .  BUT, perhaps an assumption of 3rd rock from the Sun, may have been a stretch . . . . . . .

Chillin'onKoozebane boy elder   (guess it's time for a change . . . .)

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #7792 on: July 06, 2021, 02:06:33 AM »
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #7793 on: July 06, 2021, 08:26:59 AM »
Huh!  https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Koozebane  :friday

Mike

Hi Mike,

My source for all things Koozebanian . . . . .

https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Planet_Koozebane

AND, yes, I was this way BEFORE the pandemic . . . . . .

But before you pity me for spending a year under the pandemic, consider your dogs.   It was seven years for them!    (See what I mean?  I just don't think like other people . . . . .)

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #7794 on: July 06, 2021, 08:38:38 AM »
midget,

YIKES!

Over 2.5 MILLION hits! ! !

Now I KNOW I'm NOT that interesting, so I have to presume that everyone on Koozebane is forced to read the thread . . . . . Twice!   (There must be betting on the re-read . . . . .)

:dhorse:  :dhorse:  :dhorse:

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #7795 on: July 06, 2021, 09:09:20 AM »
Mark, don't get too excited about 2.5 megahits.  I try to see every post on every topic on this Forum - so most likely about 10% of the hits are me.

Okay - maybe I exaggerate.  Would you accept 1%?  Would you believe that I've seen the stuff once in a while?

Whatever - yeah, the MM story is an epic tale and I'm glad it's on landracing.com. Thanks, gentlemen.:clap :clap
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7796 on: July 06, 2021, 09:34:49 AM »

Mike

Koozebane
Astrographical information Region - Outer Rim Territories
Sector - Calaron sector
System - Koozebane system
Grid coordinates - T-9

FOUND IT!

koozbane

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #7797 on: July 06, 2021, 03:46:08 PM »

Mike

Koozebane
Astrographical information Region - Outer Rim Territories
Sector - Calaron sector
System - Koozebane system
Grid coordinates - T-9

FOUND IT!

koozbane

Missed it!  By THAT much . . . . . .    (actual location: North West Lake Cty Vs East Central McHenry Cty   :wink:)

Actual map location similar to the original plotted location of Pitcairn Island . . . . . .

Stop relying on the British "Space Force" for Intergalactic locations.   :clap

But if you are visiting via ICBM, close enough! !

:friday  :friday

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #7798 on: July 06, 2021, 03:57:41 PM »
A cursory check of the tracking # (YEAH, I won't send ANYTHING without a tracking #), lists your package as:  In transit, arriving on time.

NO planetary information was available . . . . . .  BUT, perhaps an assumption of 3rd rock from the Sun, may have been a stretch . . . . . . .

Chillin'onKoozebane boy elder   (guess it's time for a change . . . .)

midget,

A cursory check of the tracking #, TODAY, @ 14:48, Koozebanian Central Daylight Savings Time, shows that your package has been "Delivered", in or at the mailbox, @ 10:58 your time.

Hope you're not hearing any "banjo music" with that . . . . . . .  :wink:

cromag

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7799 on: July 06, 2021, 04:06:02 PM »
In receipt - Thanks for that.

Off to Speedy Metals to pick up the substructure for my new air dam - something MGT rules permit!