Author Topic: Can we please try moving on............  (Read 5218 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Can we please try moving on............
« on: June 01, 2008, 02:00:12 PM »
Recently Jon W has made it clear that there are no "banned" people on the site and said that as long as people's posts were constructive and did not include attacks on others that they wouldn't be banned from the site.

FR has returned and along with that return there have been some that feel his return is not good for the board.  I have seen nothing to support this myself.  His posts have been informative and non-demeaning to others unless I have missed something.  Now it is your right to ignore his posts, my posts, or any one's posts, but I don't feel it is in the best interest of this board to encourage others to join you, nor do I feel posts that are meant to be demeaning to FR have a place here.  If this type of activity was being directed at you or a friend I feel you would not be happy about it.

Do I read all of his posts?  No, but I've enjoyed the historical pictures and references that he has posted lately.  Some items that you won't be able to see anywhere, but on here.  I feel it is time to let the past be the past and move on and enjoy the board and don't make it a project to get someone thrown off that is adding to the board.  If you feel some of his ideas are outlandish then fine, just ignore them like you do mine or others that have been posted on the board. 

I consider some of you that have been involved in this to be good friends and hope that remains, but I also felt that I need to let you know how I feel about this.

Thanks for listening,

Sum

Offline Dave Haller

Re: Can we please try moving on............
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 02:06:35 PM »
Well said Sum. As soon as I saw he was posting again it brought back some bad memories of times past. I have read most of his new post and they all seem to be relavent to our sport, not taking aim at anyone or getting personal, and informative which is what this site is all about.
Dave Haller #93 8-)

Offline dieselgeek

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 11:24:22 AM »
I'll second Sum's motion to let FR be here peacefully so long as he contributes positively!

I read a few books he suggested to me a few years back, great stuff...  I certainly enjoy the historical references and good reading on a boring day.   Franklin, PLEASE don't let any of the clowns get under your skin, I for one prefer having you around - you seem to be a library of alternative history and I appreciate it!  I hadn't heard of "Athol Graham" until reading a link you posted for the last half hour.  Good stuff!

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 12:24:05 PM »
I have already stated my feeling about this in another topic. I did not start a new thread, but I am glad sum did.

I will be the first to say ban him (or anyone) if they do something to justify it. It just has not happened yet.

-JH
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 12:47:54 PM »
Well said Sum. As soon as I saw he was posting again it brought back some bad memories of times past. I have read most of his new post and they all seem to be relavent to our sport, not taking aim at anyone or getting personal, and informative which is what this site is all about.
Dave Haller #93 8-)

All, I have no previous experience with FR, and if he would post relevant to the thread I wouldn't feel like I was being SPAMED at times.  So far a lot of the posts are relevant to the sport, and some of them I have not seen before.  Old aero info is history and although air is still air, we have come a long way understanding fluid dynamics.  Just try to stay with the topic of the thread.
If he wants to represent himself as the expert in all things LSR the first thing I would like to see is his LSR experience and credentials at work.  
If he is a LSR historian, which it appears he has a large collection of LSR history, both factual, hear say, and non factual, then I am smart enough to sort off the good from the bad, hope the newbies can too.  
I have no problem with him being here and posting, just please stay relevant to the thread with the information posted.  

Oh, and when I want, I will take the same harmless jab at him that I would take at any of you, and expect to take a jab back when I deserve one.  That is one of the things that make forums interesting to read, interaction.
A word of advise and caution I will pass on, be careful when trying to match wits with someone when you are only half equipped to do so....  :evil: (I don't think Jack said that yet)
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Randy Williams

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 09:59:48 PM »
Sum, I just might move on. I have seen almost more than I can stand.

Offline racergeo

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 12:40:33 AM »

If you remove the 'iff' from Ratliff you have RATL and that seems to be what Franky has done to this site, he has rattled it. Thanks to Glen, Bob and especially that "master moderator" Sumner a degree of civility has been mantained.
      Some on this site enjoy and revel in debate. JackD comes to mind as does Franklin. In fact Franklin     ( dare I say it ) Might be considered a "masterdebater".

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 11:06:23 AM »
That only while Jack is off.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline aircap

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 11:23:47 AM »
Well, Glen had Franklin pegged years ago as a "serial cut'n'paster", with scads of info to bury us under.
But he has given discussions a boost, and that's not bad.
As long as he minds his manners... and he has so far.
"Act your age, not your shoe size". - Prince

Ratliff

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 11:35:46 AM »
Well, Glen had Franklin pegged years ago as a "serial cut'n'paster", with scads of info to bury us under.
But he has given discussions a boost, and that's not bad.
As long as he minds his manners... and he has so far.

Cut and paste merely means transferring graphic or text data from one source to another. Outside of that context, the phrase is meaningless.

And, apparently, a lot of racers have opinions but no data to transfer from one source to another.