Author Topic: 1974 Rulebook  (Read 9205 times)

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

Re: 1974 Rulebook
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2008, 09:52:22 PM »
I was 1 year old in 74
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2008, 11:25:40 PM »
Aren't you a little young for this type of activity? :evil:

Pete

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2008, 09:56:57 AM »
I don't think this thread has much of a topic/direction -- so I'll mention that a couple of years ago (I think it was during the '05-'06 winter) I did a very informal "survey" of the age of the folks on this here forum and came up with a median (not average) age of 57 or 58.  There were a couple of youngsters -- one below 20, I remember, and a few in their 20's.  Lots in the 60's and 70's.

Draw your own glass of beer.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2008, 07:32:04 PM »
Perhaps Mr. Ratliff could post the 1974 rule book, and the posters from, say, the last 30 years.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2008, 08:04:29 PM »
Perhaps Mr. Ratliff could post the 1974 rule book, and the posters from, say, the last 30 years.

One at a time, to increase post count please....
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
ô¿ô
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2008, 08:11:25 PM »
14 on the ignore list now, this thing is really catching on.. :-o

Ratliff

Re: ô¿ô
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2008, 09:10:16 PM »

Announcing to visitors how closed minded so many of the registered members are. Yeah, THAT'S a great idea.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2008, 09:53:02 PM »
Mr. Ratliff, may I suggest that you are one of the close-minded forum registrants -- to deny others their opinion, while offering your to one and all?  For instance -- what is the purpose of this thread other than to show that you've got a copy of the old rulebook and that the rules have changed over the years?  I don't think anyone denies it.  See my "pointles" post of a few hours ago - and think about what you've since posted that would show one and all that you're interested in promoting the health of the forum by giving us good information and sound debate.

As for counting the number of registered forum members that have chosen to "ignore" you -- perhaps you should take heed from that number and attempt to make your work more on-point to land speed racing instead of being rude to those who choose to ignore you.

In other words -- you're courting the big byebye.  Don't make me do this.

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Ratliff

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2008, 10:03:34 PM »
Mr. Ratliff, may I suggest that you are one of the close-minded forum registrants -- to deny others their opinion, while offering your to one and all?  For instance -- what is the purpose of this thread other than to show that you've got a copy of the old rulebook and that the rules have changed over the years?  I don't think anyone denies it.  See my "pointles" post of a few hours ago - and think about what you've since posted that would show one and all that you're interested in promoting the health of the forum by giving us good information and sound debate.

As for counting the number of registered forum members that have chosen to "ignore" you -- perhaps you should take heed from that number and attempt to make your work more on-point to land speed racing instead of being rude to those who choose to ignore you.

In other words -- you're courting the big byebye.  Don't make me do this.

Like I said, I ignore the fact there's even an ignore button. Anything anybody wants to say, I at least see that that they said it.

Don't keep track of how many people have me on their ignore list. Plenty of others seem more interested in doing that.

My personal belief is speed records are meaningful or meaningless, valid or invalid, based on their own merits or lack of merit. Rules are there for the sole purpose of maintaining a baseline of measurement so that one speed record can be compared against another.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 10:23:19 PM by Ratliff »

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2008, 10:25:44 PM »
Ratliff as you were blocked from this forum in the past and other forums as well. I would think you would do better to follow the rules and what the other forum members are interested in. Your getting to that point again and. You come across as the only expert on LSR. There are a lot of experts on the forum. You seem to want to remark or make corrections to a lot of the others seems like a put down to what they have written. Why don't you re group and follow the what others are doing. The new web master has been polite in asking you to behave and you ignore him. Ignore this if you want but you should think about what you are doing to piss off a lot of good people.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

John Romero

Re: ô¿ô
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2008, 10:29:19 PM »

John, your doin' it wrong. When you ignore somebody you're supposed to ignore them...  :-P

Offline salt27

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2008, 11:38:06 PM »

John,
I count 12.
You've got to admit, he's industrious [a full member in 1 week].

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2008, 11:41:48 PM »

John,
I count 12.
You've got to admit, he's industrious [a full member in 1 week].

Earlier it was 14, all you have to do is click on his name and it will tell you how many.. :-)

And you are correct, he is a full "member"...

J

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2008, 11:47:02 PM »
Or cetainly FULL OF IT.

I too, have a '74 rulebook, and . . .?
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2008, 11:21:59 PM »
15 now...