Author Topic: T-shirts for landracing.com and also for Salt Talks  (Read 5941 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
T-shirts for landracing.com and also for Salt Talks
« on: May 27, 2008, 03:03:56 PM »
Okay -- it's time to start thinking about getting some t-shirts that specifically proclaim "landracing.com".  I'll sell 'em on the site, and maybe also provide them as gifts to recognize donors to the site (a la public broadcasting).  I'm thinking about the number to order and sizes and all of that.  No need for input from youse guys on this -- Nancy and i will come up with something and get the shirts.  I'm thinking of having them made in some special way, though -- maybe like saying that this t-shirt is from the first-ever batch of landracing.com t-shirts so you'll have not only a shirt to show your support, but also a piece of collectable history to sell someday in the future on eBay.  (Modest, ain't I?)  Anyway, I'm telling you this to whet your appetite for the shirts.  I don't know if I'll have any race vehicles on these -- it'd be difficult to decide whose bike/car should be there.  If you want to badger the no car, no bike idea around on the forum -- go ahead and I'll see what I see.

As for Salt Talks shirts -- there we are working on what vehicles to use.  We've got a couple of 'em chosen already and will settle on the rest in the next week or two so we can get the shirts ordered and on the way.  I'll be getting about 120 shirts this time -- 'cause in the past few years we've had more like 140 and there are leftovers.  Now that I'm running the site and trying to make it pay for itself -- I don't want old inventory lying about the house/shop.  Don't worry, we'll get an assortment of sizes -- but will get mostly large and extra-large.

And as for Salt Talks itself -- I got the food part of the party started the other day - when I bought the condiments.  Just wanted to get my head into the right frame of mind so invested in ketchup (Heinz, of course) and mustard (nothing but French's original bright yellow) and other stuff.  Now to find the meats, get a banner made, collect some auction/raffle items, order up the pasties, and so on and so forth.  Sheesh, this is getting to be a busy time of year.

Best regards --
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: T-shirts for landracing.com and also for Salt Talks
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 03:20:57 PM »
Don't forget the crappers Jon. lol
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Geo

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 03:41:21 PM »
Hey Slim and Nancy,

Thanks for all the hard work!  Put me down for a couple of shirts of both types.  And where do I send the donation!

Guess I'll bring my Coleman's.  You know, English Mustard, not for the weak budded.

Look forward to meeting you in August.

Geo

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 07:57:24 PM »
I have been looking for tees for a while.

I need 4.

jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline Rocky R

• Author/Land Speed Racing Site
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 10:48:17 PM »
Hey Slim, how do we go about making donations for Salt Talks? (for the raffle)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 09:45:05 AM »
Making donations for the Salt Talks raffle is pretty easy -- works best for my pretty confused mind.  Drop a note to me to let me know what you'd like to donate, I'll make a list including your stuff, and then somehow get the stuff into my hands before the raffle.  You're welcome to simply take it to Bonneville for SpeedWeek and find me -- I'll be arriving in Wendover the Tuesday before the event starts.  Our pit will have not only Seldom Seen Slim nomenclature but also a Landracing.com banner.  I'll have my cellphone with me a good part of the time, so if you can't find me -- call me at 906 361 6282 and we'll get together.  You're also welcome to arrive at the bend in the road with your booty (hmm, maybe that's not the right word for this topic) and hand it to Nancy or me or one of our surrogates sometime before the raffle starts.

Or you may ship it to me here in Marquette if you're not going to be at SpeedWeek/Salt Talks (of course we'd rather have you attend).  Our shipping address is:

Nancy and Jon Wennerberg
Attn:  Salt Talks
509 Dukes Road
Skandia Michigan 49885

If your donation is big -- we've got a loading dock at the office.  Please have your shipper call 24 hours in advance to assure we've got a forklift operator on hand to assist in off-loading.

Thanks for asking, Rocky.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 11:11:39 AM »
Jon...my donation will be so as always...and I will bring them to Bonneville....and here the order for the
t-shirt...one...size XL.....See you and Nancy at the bend of the road......
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline smitty2

• Worlds fastest miniature Pachyderm.
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 11:48:37 AM »
Hey Jon!
 Put me down for a couple of shirts... Make one a 3x... seems that the "Barrel Chest" I had in my youth has dropped a bit over the years. :roll: I'll talk Colleen into making up some bracelets, and earrings from her jewelry shop to donate.

<<<Smitty////

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 12:05:33 PM »
I think I'll tease you a bit about the t-shirts that are on order for Salt Talks.  This is the first year that I've been in charge of the selection of artwork for them, and I decided to do things a bit differently.  There's be race vehicles -- but maybe not those you'd expect to see.  I'll say no more than that -- might not even post the final art here (as has been the norm in the past) but rather have you all wait 'til Salt Talks (which, you should note, is only three weeks from tonight).

Yeah, just wait 'til you see these shirts.  I think some of you are in for a pleasant surprise.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 03:11:20 PM »
I love a GOOD suprise!! :-D
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Richard Thomason

• http://www.dannyboystreamliner.com
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 03:22:04 PM »
Save me a tres exxes shirt and we will have apples for the BIG TIME.

Offline Richard Thomason

• http://www.dannyboystreamliner.com
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 03:24:12 PM »
sorry, should have been spelled, tres equis. What do I know.

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 03:25:04 PM »
I think I'll tease you a bit about the t-shirts that are on order for Salt Talks.  This is the first year that I've been in charge of the selection of artwork for them, and I decided to do things a bit differently.  There's be race vehicles -- but maybe not those you'd expect to see.  I'll say no more than that -- might not even post the final art here (as has been the norm in the past) but rather have you all wait 'til Salt Talks (which, you should note, is only three weeks from tonight).

Yeah, just wait 'til you see these shirts.  I think some of you are in for a pleasant surprise.

I wished I could be there Slim. I forgot all about it last year and missed it and this year I can't make Speedweek.

Good luck,
Scott

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 04:03:46 PM »
Shirts may be available after Salt Talks -- that is, if we don't sell out.  If you're really pining for one you're welcome to ask us to reserve one for you.  And as for you missing the picnic -- unh, I don't think I'll suggest you call during the event so we can pass the phone around from one to another of those in attendance.  That sounds too much like having dear old Grandma call, from the retirement home, to the birthday party for the 15-year-old girl.  Think about us, eating pasties and telling lies. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 07:54:26 PM »
We'll be there, and I want a shirt too.  What time does salt talks start?  There will be so much B.Sn on Tech day we don't want to be late. :-D