Author Topic: Nash Lakester  (Read 2592 times)

Offline V8Pinto

Nash Lakester
« on: May 16, 2008, 01:37:08 AM »
My Grandpa wants to build a Nash engined Lakester or Roadster.  At Speedweek last year we almost bought a Bean Bandit car but just couldn't swing enough frijoles to get it on a trailer so we're gonna build one.

We've got a couple Nash engines and a bunch of interesting parts but need some guidance building a BNI/SCTA legal chassis. 

After El Mirage this weekend, we'll dig into the rulebook and see what's in there.  Does anybody have any frame/chassis reading they could point me to?
Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4

Offline Dave Haller

Re: Nash Lakester
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 09:25:45 AM »
Look at Sumner's build pages, should show you everything you need to know. Also on this site are page after page of build sites that should help alot.
Good Luck,
Dave Haller #93 :-)

Offline RichFox

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 09:51:09 AM »
I think the world would welcome a Nash powered lakester. I have not seen a Nash powered car on the salt since Bruce Crowers roadster. What Nash engine do you plan on using?

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 09:56:53 AM »
V8P, I have some good news and bad news, first congrats and good luck on your new lakester or roadster project, building your own can be a rewarding experience.  Second it is usually much less expensive to buy one, the Bandit's was probably a lot less than you are going to spend...  :-o   Now you get to figure our which one was the bad news  :roll:
Good luck on your project and get that build diary started...
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 11:19:03 AM »
Bruce Crower's Nash was no ordinary Nash,  he build his own 4-valve head for that engine. What a work of art!  It would be great to see a Nash out again.  Good luck on your project.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 11:23:07 AM by maguromic »
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline RichFox

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 11:22:02 AM »
Any Nash at Bonneville would be an extraordinary Nash. I understand Bruce Crower was working on a 4 valve Packard eight for the car before getting distracted with other projects.

Offline V8Pinto

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 01:59:41 AM »
What class would the Nash-8 motor run in?  Looking at the rulebook I am thinking XO?  I think the displacement falls somewhere in the D range.

Sheesh - those are some stout records for the lakesters.  My Grandpa has a blower for the Nash (I can't remember at the moment what kind it is).

It looks like a Blown Modified Roadster class has a lower record but then we'd have to talk Grandma into converting the Mode-A from a driver into a racer and I don't want to be part of that discussion :)

Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4

Offline RichFox

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 10:10:14 AM »
Bruce Crower ran his Nash 8 in XXO as I remember. Break is at 325 inches between X and XX.