Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2277174 times)

Offline CGoodson

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #990 on: November 10, 2009, 11:05:24 PM »
Hell Brad. I am pretty new to this LSR too, but I am hooked. I have met some great people here. Aways here to help.
 :cheers:
Corey Goodson
cgr138@gmail.com
hptt:www.facebook.com/corey.goodson
1000 Bockscar Lakester H/BFL Red Hat record 233.119
Currently Building #1177 G&S Roadster H/BFR

Offline bigaldart

• New folks
« Reply #991 on: November 11, 2009, 04:07:22 PM »
Hi,

I am Alan Grimes, as I live in England I am principally a drag racer. However our team has a love for speed so that takes precedent over ET anytime. I found this site in time to follow speedweek and loved every minute of the coverage. Thanks to all involved. Our heap is a rear engined dragster with a Rover 3.5 ( 215 Buick) in other words, supercharged (4-71) on methanol fed through a bug catcher injector. Best speed to date for the standing quarter is 140 mph, this is at 220 cubes with the blower @ 11% under so plenty more to come.

Alan

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #992 on: November 11, 2009, 04:21:22 PM »
Alan, welcome to the world of LSR. There are a few drag racers here on this site. Myself from the past 1951 to 1972, along with LSR. Enjoy the site and don't be shy.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #993 on: November 11, 2009, 10:01:39 PM »
Thommysgarage.....Welcome,,, as theoldcrow said,... I am here in NC ,, live about 2.5 hours from Maxton... if you have any questions just let me know.

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline thommysgarage

« Reply #994 on: November 12, 2009, 06:46:51 PM »
Thanks for all the encouragement, I am going to try to get my car to Maxton some time next year for a tech inspection and maybe begin the licensing  runs. I have a question for Old Crow; since you run an altered, I am going to rely on your advise. I have been told that I can remove both the stock floor and firewall in altered and fit the car with new sheet metal panels. Is there any restiction as far as how much can be cut away? What I am thinking is that I would cut the entire firewall out and install a new one about 8" to the rear. This is on a 76 Firebird body and would put the firewall almost flush with the base of the windshield. Sound OK?

Offline Cajun Kid

« Reply #995 on: November 12, 2009, 07:15:10 PM »
thommy,  are you going to run the 76 Bird in Classic ?

Classic Gas Altered     C/CGALT ?

C being the motor size  (example of C motor would be 306.00 to 372.99  cubic inch

Charles
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

Offline thommysgarage

« Reply #996 on: November 13, 2009, 12:32:28 AM »
I am planning to start out in G/BGALT. I have a supercherged Ecotec engine that should make a good base for some serious power. I really like EFI, too, so I won't be running in classic. I am contemplating stretching the wheelbase, but i'm not sure if 2" would make a significant improvement in stability. I have been told by a freind that I might be able to borrow a nascar engine, but I am not holding my breath for that. Thanks for asking, Brad

Offline Ellwood

• I do landracing on ice-Flying Kilometer in Sweden
    • Ellwood Hybrid - Crankcase Supercharged Prototypes
« Reply #997 on: November 13, 2009, 04:25:26 PM »
Hi, Ellwood here, living in Sweden for the last 20 years.

I`ve always been interested in motorcycles: raced motocross, enduro, classic sidecars, speedway, dragrace, 4 hours endurance roadrace , and supermono. On the to do list is race my classic Yamaha 250 at the Manx GP 2010.
I started landracing this year on a ploughed 3 km straight on an icy lake near Funäsdalen in the north of Sweden. It was great fun, but a bit cold -30 degrees C. My engine never got warmed up properly, so managed only one run on full choke.
Now the EFI is programmed to cope with the cold, and hope to better my pathetic run next year in March.
Anyone interested in our Swedish Motor Alliance club www.landracing.se can see some of the videos and pictures from up there, although its all in Swedish so far.

Now we have our own Crazy Swedes Flying Kilometer on Ice on the Topic board, so please ask any questions regarding such there.

Otherwise I experiment with my prototype crankcase supercharged engines, and develope/race them in speedway, roadracing, hillclimbs and the flying k.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 01:33:47 AM by Ellwood »

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #998 on: November 13, 2009, 04:32:00 PM »
Welcome!  I guess you know these guys: http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,5528.0.html??

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Ellwood

• I do landracing on ice-Flying Kilometer in Sweden
    • Ellwood Hybrid - Crankcase Supercharged Prototypes
« Reply #999 on: November 13, 2009, 05:17:03 PM »
Hi, Yes, those are the guys. We shall soon release the applications for the March speedweek, It would be great if any of you guys would like to come and visit the event, and may even give inspiration for the real enthusiasts to to a double recordbreaking Ice and Salt with the same vehicle, in Sweden and USA ?
Regards Ellwood

Offline Cajun Kid

« Reply #1000 on: November 13, 2009, 05:33:26 PM »
I could not understand hardly any of the text on the Sweden website,, maybe 1 out of 10 I could figure out,,,

Glad they have LSR over there,, but I need a translater  LOL

Have fun wherever you are, go fast and be safe.

Charles
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

Offline bbarn

« Reply #1001 on: November 13, 2009, 05:48:14 PM »
I could not understand hardly any of the text on the Sweden website,, maybe 1 out of 10 I could figure out,,,

Glad they have LSR over there,, but I need a translater  LOL

Have fun wherever you are, go fast and be safe.

Charles

Google does it all!!!

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=sv&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.landracing.se%2F
I almost never wake up cranky, I usually just let her sleep in.

Offline Cajun Kid

« Reply #1002 on: November 13, 2009, 06:15:00 PM »
bbarn,, thanks
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

Offline Abominable Snowman

• New folks
« Reply #1003 on: November 16, 2009, 08:39:00 AM »
Hello All,
I'm Wes Archer from Maine.
I have been into cars, trucks and snowmobiles for the past 30 years.  When there is no snow I like to find other fun things to do.  Last year I found just such a thing.  My eight year old son and I took a ride up to Loring Air Force Base to watch the LTA-LSR.  Things started of kind of slow and my son was begging to leave.  I told him that I just wanted to walk through the pits and staging lines to checkout the cars.  We stayed about another two hours, he had so much fun taking pictures of the cars, talking to the drivers and watching the cars leave the start.  The crews and drivers were great, many would see that he was trying to get a picture and would move away from their own cars.  They showed respect for his eight year old questions and the nice lady from Jurkowski Racing even offered to let him set in the race car.  We will be back in 2010 and hope to bring the 'Cuda, that we crashed in three years ago on the way to his daycare, to run time only.

blurooster

« Reply #1004 on: November 16, 2009, 09:49:57 AM »
I am Hugh Williams from Knoxville, TN. I plan on racing a 62 Renault Dauphine in F/BGALT at Maxton. I hope to get my log book in April. I am a newbie to this type of racing. I have everything gathered up for the car, front suspension, quick change, engine and trans and the hard parts I just have to finish the wifes project truck first.