Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2276494 times)

Offline thechevytruckdude

• New folks
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #915 on: September 23, 2009, 10:30:33 AM »
lol can do ...  :cheers:

Offline pennswoodsed

• New folks
« Reply #916 on: September 23, 2009, 06:46:52 PM »

Salt flats wanna be ,might build to gonna be,some day might be has been ?

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #917 on: September 23, 2009, 07:11:09 PM »
Who, me?

(Well, part of it's me.)

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Becks

• New folks
« Reply #918 on: September 25, 2009, 02:33:55 PM »
Hello everyone! This is my first post on LSR, although my husband (Oz... my CBR) has been posting here for a little while.
We came over for speed week this year and had a fabulous time, but seeing him riding off down the salt made me wonder why I hadn't ridden a bike for so long... Anyway, now we are already thinking about our next trip (yes, we will be back) and next time I plan to ride too.
We have a Jawa 884 speedway engine, which is as close to mint condition as I've seen - carbs have arrived and as if by magic, swinging arm and adjusters came today... I can smell the salt already (Oz says salt doesn't smell, but I think he's wrong)!
This'll be my bike - can't wait for the proper work to start! Photos and other stuff to come soon!
Becks
ooops Oz logged me on wrong - should have posted as 'new topic' DOH!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 02:37:13 PM by Becks »

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #919 on: September 26, 2009, 02:28:38 PM »
Stan, I resemble that remark!! :-o

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline CGoodson

« Reply #920 on: September 26, 2009, 05:33:39 PM »
Hello my name is Corey. I am new to land racing sport but, been apart of racing for along time. I have worked on various Top Fuel drag racing teams. I have always known about land racing since my father is best friends with Ron Leslie. His father Roy and partner Bill Kenz built and raced the 777 streamlner. I worked for a company Mountain States Automation for the last 7 years and they been land speed racing for years in the 1000 Bockscar Lakester. Bill Stainless Steele has been asking me to come out to work on the car and see what land racing is all about. It was great we set two new records at World Of Speed. I can say now I am hooked and thank you Bill for bring me along. Can't wait until next year.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 06:24:10 PM by CGoodson »
Corey Goodson
cgr138@gmail.com
hptt:www.facebook.com/corey.goodson
1000 Bockscar Lakester H/BFL Red Hat record 233.119
Currently Building #1177 G&S Roadster H/BFR

Offline Brian Westerdahl

« Reply #921 on: September 26, 2009, 07:56:33 PM »
Welcome It is deifinitely a desease.  Once you got it it is hard to shake.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #922 on: September 27, 2009, 06:44:26 PM »
I just met Stainless, and I think being around him would tend to be a pleasure.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #923 on: September 27, 2009, 07:16:10 PM »
Welcome Corey, glad to see you here, this site will continue your Bonneville education as well as keep you "fixed" until next year.   Remember we do this for fun and entertainment... and a chance to needle each other occasionally  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline CGoodson

« Reply #924 on: September 27, 2009, 07:36:29 PM »
Thanks Bill. Drop of the oil sample, told Ron to call you with results.
Corey Goodson
cgr138@gmail.com
hptt:www.facebook.com/corey.goodson
1000 Bockscar Lakester H/BFL Red Hat record 233.119
Currently Building #1177 G&S Roadster H/BFR

Offline storm king

• New folks
« Reply #925 on: September 29, 2009, 04:24:02 PM »
Gary smrtic here. LSR enthusiast, I guess you'd say. Used to wet myself reading about the Campbell's and M/T. My family drag raced in the '60's, ( super stock Mopars), saw the Summers Brothers' Golden Rod in '65 when it toured the Firestone stores across the country and that was it. I wanted to give it a try ever since. Military, work, family, you all know the drill. I've run 192 MPH in the quarter mile on a motorcycle, promised my wife if we ever do anything for the salt it'd have four wheels. In my fifties now, still ride and building two nostalgia drag cars. I'm just sniffing around here right now.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #926 on: September 29, 2009, 04:41:09 PM »
Storm king
Welcome to LSR. It's a sport like no other. Do you have any idea what you would like to build and run. Where do you live so we can get you some help if needed. We have a chat line tonight and you should sign up and enjoy the conversations we have.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #927 on: September 29, 2009, 05:02:43 PM »
Welcome Gary, always good to have new, youngsters coming in. :-D. Of course almost everybody but Glen and Freud are younger than me.  :evil:

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline fouraceswes

• New folks
« Reply #928 on: October 01, 2009, 06:49:07 PM »
hello members

Wes White here, owner/operator Four Aces Cycle Supply, Pacoima, Calif.  I work on old motorcycles, mostly British, but some pre-1980 HD stuff as well.  I have a personal Indian project as well that might get done one day.  Other than that I own a 1950 Triumph, a 1967 Triumph Desert Sled and a bunch of projects.

I have raced my Triumph Tiger 100/TR5 at Bonneville every year since 2006.  I think that makes me a newbie with experience.  So far 105 and change, record for my class (500cc Modified Vintage Fuel) is 110 and change.  After four years I finally feel like I have walked up to the door, not knocking yet, but at least standing there. 

Resurrecting and flogging the crap out of vintage motorcycles is the greatest thing you can do.  I am hooked.

I want to hang out on this forum and help out if I can, learn some stuf, etc. 
"Only one problem, that Salt will get on you."  Quote from several old timers to me in 2006.

Offline dickj

« Reply #929 on: October 02, 2009, 12:04:59 AM »
Welcome aboard, Wes.  You will find this quite a place to hang out.  I'm an old car driver (me old, not the car) but was an old bike builder/racer (both me and the bikes were old) long, long ago.  Ran a 650 BSA at Daytona back "in the day".  Don't have the cajones to LSR a bike, so I drive a Firebird instead.  Looking forward to hearing from you - don't be a total "lurker" and hope to meet you in the future.

DickJ
In East Texas