Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2277086 times)

Offline oldrodder

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #855 on: July 26, 2009, 11:40:41 AM »
Well, as usual, I got this backwards.  Its OK tho, I am left handed also.  I have been a member for a couple of weeks but just figured out how to introduce myself. 
My name is John and I live in SW ID.  I have been a hot rodder since I bought my first car at 13 years old.  I have drag raced all of my life, done some circle track racing, dirt biking, demo derby, and just about raced anything with wheels.  Even a few things that float.  I currently have a couple of street rods and a drag race 76 Camaro.  I am an ASE master mechanic, just forced into retirement about a year ago. 
I am also an "old ham", KJ7YY. 
LSR is fairly new to me.  My first trip to SW was 2005, just for the weekend.  I will be at SW this year, camping at the "bend".  Toying with the idea of converting the Camaro to LSR specs.  How about an "inliner", maybe a turbo 4 even.  Will have to consult the class rules.
Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible at Bonnieville! :cheers:
if it has an engine, i like it

Offline hiboyroadsterboy

• New folks
« Reply #856 on: July 26, 2009, 06:34:39 PM »
Hey guys,I'm John I'm 28 and I do not have a landspeed race car,instead I have a 32 roadster that I drive on the street,but I do like landspeed racing,so thats it.

Offline horsewidower

• New folks
« Reply #857 on: July 27, 2009, 01:26:33 AM »
Going to the salt the first time this year.  I plan to meet my 70 year old Dad there, his first time also, and enjoy the spectacle. He was a big time hot rodder back in the 50s and is really looking forward to this.  I'm an amateur roadracer, and am fascinated by the ingenuity I've seen in land speed racing.

Bob Holmes

Offline CHRIS75

• New folks
« Reply #858 on: July 29, 2009, 06:42:30 PM »
HELLO Everyone
 I'm Chris i live in limestone maine

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #859 on: July 29, 2009, 06:55:13 PM »
Ah, that's one of the great thing about those Mainers -- they talk on and on for hours about themselves.  Welcome, Chris.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline CHRIS75

• New folks
« Reply #860 on: July 29, 2009, 07:05:28 PM »
I try not to bore poeple about myself LOL

Offline boxer3main

• New folks
« Reply #861 on: August 01, 2009, 01:46:20 AM »
 I am...who I am.  :roll:

First post, following the rules?

for what it is worth, the land speed topic is a favorite, I live in maine. I am also a former crew chief on refueling tankers, and remember the last days of sac command in maine. Lucky for me, it was only a year at low rank.
 Anyway, my past with machines is interesting in this subject, never a place legally to fulfill what I did. this is great for maine as well as anyone who can make it. As a chuckle, in the spirit of diversity on the mile, I may attempt a humble project. I have cameras that do well, would like to be a spectator that can get some shots. will post question in another part of forum.

Offline ND RAM

• New folks
  • Just a farm truck...
    • FQuick
« Reply #862 on: August 02, 2009, 09:36:14 AM »
Hi my name is Daniel and I have an addiction....

Ok now that that's out of the way.  I'm currently in Iraq but will be participating in the Maxton Mile events upon my return.  I'm not looking for any of the more radical records (not yet anyway) as I will be running in the C/PP class with a 1984 Dodge Ram.  It'd be nice to hold a record with a farm truck.
Current Project; (ECTA C/PP) 1984 Dodge Ram D150 318, A727A, 2.94 gear.

Long Term Project; "Petty Ram" hopefully 200+mph at the Monster Mile.

Offline chriskopp

• New folks
    • Chris Kopp Specialty Fab
« Reply #863 on: August 03, 2009, 02:58:00 PM »
Hi all, I'm Chris. I live in Denver, CO and am a fabricator by trade. I've been around speed...Indy, NHRA, hot rods, stock cars, sprints, midgets and motorcycles...my whole life and been working around them for 30+ years. I've always had an interest in LSR but not had the opportunity to "be a part of it". I went to Bonneville Speed Week last year for the first time with a friend of mine who restored the Bill Burke Salt Shaker streamliner. WOW! I had a great time and will be back again. I like the streamliners (cars and bikes), roadsters and coupes. I own a metal fabrication business and I would like to do some LSR work. I'm not sure how many LSR cars are in CO, but if anyone (anywhere) is looking for a fabricator I'd be happy to talk with you.
This site is great and I check it out when I can. Thanks!

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #864 on: August 03, 2009, 03:02:18 PM »
Chris, welcome to the forum. There are a lot of LSR people in the Denver area so you shouldn't have to much trouble connecting up with them. You can get on the chat line on Tuesday nights as well. See the cover page and log on.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline RMotooka

• New folks
« Reply #865 on: August 03, 2009, 04:46:16 PM »
Hello all, My name is Randy. Here is a picture of the car me and a couple of friends have been building for the last 16 or so months. I am told the tank is from a f-86 fighter, its powered by a GSXR 750 (J/GL). We are bringing it to Speed Week for a pre inspection. We still need to finish the wiring, the parachute and build a canopy. We are camping at the "bend" and would love to meet all of you !! Come by and have a cold one and check out the car. (We will have lots of Coors Lite...., and probably other adult beverages)

GTO48

« Reply #866 on: August 03, 2009, 05:13:11 PM »
Another n00b here  :-D

I'm from Salt Lake City, and made my first trip to the salt last year for Speed Week.  Awesome experience!  I'm a long time drag racer, but I think I've made the decision to play on the salt quite a bit from now on.  This was our camp last year for Speed Week:

My GTO on the left, and my buddy's model a on the right.  We'll be there this year as well!

Offline NoSurf

• New folks
« Reply #867 on: August 05, 2009, 04:06:56 PM »
Hello,

My name is Jay and I live in Abilene KS.  I will be leaving for the salt tomorrow after work. Riding west on I-80 in my buddy's '40 Ford coupe and meeting up with a '32 Ford 5 window.  We plan on camping at the bend.

See you all there!

-Jay

Offline Hit or Miss

• New folks
« Reply #868 on: August 06, 2009, 10:56:01 AM »
Greetings all.  My name it Rick, new to land speed racing unless you count all those years of day dreaming!  Looking to do the ECTA in Maxton this October so be ready for the dumb newguy questions on the ECTA Forum. 

A majority of my car experience is with stock classic and muscle car restorations, so I'll try to just stay out the way and watch the experts work!  Thanks for the great forum!

Rick

Offline dstray

• New folks
« Reply #869 on: August 06, 2009, 02:42:05 PM »
My name is Danny Raymond I live in caribou Maine I loved the land speed  runs want to help in any way I can next year