Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2276534 times)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #765 on: June 01, 2009, 03:30:50 PM »
O, i guess I will ask my first question.. I want to get my licence, SCTA, i would like to have it, BEFORE i get to the salt next year, and with my projected speed being right over 200, could you all push me in the right direction... :cheers:

Heck you don't need pushed, you already seem to be facing the chasm, just step forward.... :roll:  You already have an scta license if you have a drivers license.  It allows you to do 125... all other upgrades must be run in steps, that is part of the fun.  If you are a Texas or ECTA racer, don't tell them, you might have to do double passes for upgrades.   :|  A record over 200 is possible, just pick the right one.  Get a rule book and start studying.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline the baron

• New folks
« Reply #766 on: June 02, 2009, 04:02:04 AM »
I am from St Louis MO. I am the Grandson of Rich Willey, who Most might not know, but Is a world record holder.. He holds the world record for the   round Australia run...  10,000 miles around the perimeter of Aussy.. the record stands at 6 days 17 hours and 6 minutes.. done in 1987 and still standing.. He is very well known around these parts, And was a staple in the motocycle scene around the STL for years.

I have grew up around motorcycles, and Kawis in particular, As he owned Cycle City ENG here in STL, since 1966, until his retirement in 1997. I am 32 now, and My grandfather passed away in feb.. I decided then, I am going do my thing.. Although mine is alot simpler.. I just want my 200 MPH jacket.. I have raced everything from cars to bikes, to watercraft..but I want to go 200, legitimately..lol

My 14 is getting PURPOSE built for this feet. I know there have been a few that have went fast, I want to do it on a stock motor, but i am going to pull out all the stops.. The salt is a slight concern, and i am going to go up this year for speed week, so I can get some between my toes before i go out to so it next year.

I am going to go Maxton this year, and get a few passes, but my bike wont have the power to do it in 1 mile..but i want to do it on the salt, maybe catch the bug.. I am not trying for a record, yet..lol I just want to go over 200.. baby steps..lol 200 baby steps.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #767 on: June 02, 2009, 08:55:42 AM »
200 MPH Club entry requires you set a record over 200 as well as meet a club set minimum speed if the record has not put someone in the club already.  It will be almost impossible to do with a stock motor, SSS had a stock 14 at the salt last year, did maybe 185-188 with 3 experienced riders.  I am not trying to burst your bubble, just giving you the facts.  The rules allow internal engine work, lots of it will be necessary.  See you on the salt, stop by and introduce yourself, I'll be at the Salt Talks and with bike 278 and car 1411 all week.
Stainless

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #768 on: June 02, 2009, 09:10:54 AM »
Stainless:

Make that four experienced riders, and the worst of it is that I was the slowest one -- with that 185 run.  Nancy and Debbie Dross both outran me, and Todd got the 188 run.  Ah, maybe it was me being kind to my wife and the Salt newcomers.  Yeah, that's it -- I was being a nice guy.

But wait 'til this year!  The bike will be absolutely production-class.  We look forward to spending time in impound having everyone try to find something to prove it isn't legal.  We'll even have the factory shop manual with us.

Baron -- if "all" you want is a 200 MPH award you could go to the Texas Mile event.  I hear that there anyone that does two bills or more gets into their "club".  This comment is not to demean them in any way -- just to offer a suggestion for an alternate way to get the recognition you want so much.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #769 on: June 02, 2009, 09:14:34 AM »
Sorry Jon, I forgot you rode it too  :| I was talking Nancy, Deb and Todd....  :-D
Stainless

Offline the baron

• New folks
« Reply #770 on: June 02, 2009, 06:07:07 PM »
well, the wife wont be happy to hear that..lol

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #771 on: June 02, 2009, 08:01:36 PM »
Stainless:

As Kent would say:  Smart AZZ!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline red96cobra

• New folks
« Reply #772 on: June 05, 2009, 05:32:06 PM »
Hey! Name is Nick. I grew up a drag racing fan then was converted to roundy round and now I am toying with the idea of building a 1950 Mercury 2 dr because I want nothing more then to do Bonneville the Nostalgia way! I am not really concerned about records..... yet (I know that bug will bite me in time).

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #773 on: June 05, 2009, 08:12:47 PM »
was someone looking for a smart azz?... here i am!
kr

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #774 on: June 05, 2009, 09:36:48 PM »
Kent, someone said you was a dumb azz. :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #775 on: June 05, 2009, 10:28:02 PM »
yep...... dat be me.... Im married, have 2 kids, and a bunch of employees.... i've been called lots of names...
kr

Offline Dakzila

• 1956 Triumph cub
« Reply #776 on: June 13, 2009, 10:26:06 PM »
 :|
I'm an Old motorcycle drag racer whose ready for a change.  I've raced motoX, desert, sand drags and quarter mile for a long time now.  Always wanted to do the high speed thing so guess there no time like the present, huh?
I attended a club meeting earlier this month and am starting to get excited. I'll attend the meet tomorrow at El Mirage (June 14th) just to observe and get the juices flowing.
I hope to have my bike ready for the November meet, if not sooner.
My first goal......get the bike pass tech inspection,
My second goal.....make a run under 120mph,
My third goal....get back to the pits in one piece!!!!

This looks like fun and the people I've met so far seem like really good folks........

Buzz1320
"Marred by indecision; vision is blurred, confidence deteriorates and progress stagnates."

"It's not about what you did.....It's about what you do!"

"Regret is part of the aging process and should never be confused with failure."

Offline LexusTechSA

• New folks
« Reply #777 on: June 15, 2009, 01:46:53 AM »
Greetings from South Africa

My name is Jethro, I am a Lexus technician in Pretoria. We are having our first speed week here in september at Verneukpan( Deception pan) in the Northern Cape, where Sir Malcom Campbell set the record in 1929 in the blue bird. This is the first time I am trying some thing like this, so any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Offline jl222

« Reply #778 on: June 15, 2009, 12:11:32 PM »

My name is Jethro, I am a Lexus technician in Pretoria. We are having our first speed week here in september at Verneukpan( Deception pan) in the Northern Cape, where Sir Malcom Campbell set the record in 1929 in the blue bird. This is the first time I am trying some thing like this, so any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Sounds great, tell us more, how many cars, what kind of surface, how long?
  If you follow SCTA safety rules you would be going in the right direction as these have evolved over 70 years of events.
  Same advice for promoters.

Good luck and keep us informed   JL222 :cheers:

Offline LexusTechSA

• New folks
« Reply #779 on: June 15, 2009, 12:38:24 PM »

[/quote]

Sounds great, tell us more, how many cars, what kind of surface, how long?
  If you follow SCTA safety rules you would be going in the right direction as these have evolved over 70 years of events.
  Same advice for promoters.

Good luck and keep us informed   JL222 :cheers:
[/quote]

For more info check out www.speedweeksa.com.
I think the organizers are hoping for at least 500 vehicles.There is going to be a 7km top speed course with the speed trap 5km in, a 1.2 km course , a 1/4 mile and a gymkana course. The pan is a hard smooth alkali surface 57km long and 11km wide