Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2277137 times)

Offline **RP**

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1860 on: July 30, 2011, 06:58:09 AM »
Well I lost my password and my email address has changes so I had to reregister.
Ralph Pitlock
www.paintworkz.com

Offline bucketlist

« Reply #1861 on: July 31, 2011, 10:00:07 PM »
Bucketlist, being tolerant of spammers leads very quickly to them overrunning the board. Once that happens the board quickly becomes next to useless. In this case tolerance is BAD.

Pete

Pete, I agree 100% about spam and the damage it can do to a functioning forum. I just thought this post was probably a bad computer translation job from another language. But I'm new here, and y'all have seen enough on this forum to have a feel for what's probably spam. This forum is certainly well kept, and it's a pleasure not to have to wade through a bunch of spam and flaming and nitpicking.

Regards...
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Offline 18n57

• New folks
« Reply #1862 on: August 01, 2011, 12:57:14 PM »
  Been a visitor off and on for awhile, been into hot rods since I was a kid. Pop was a Gm mechanic in the 60's and 70's. Guess I never got "over" this car disease. Currently, driving a '34 Ford 5w with a 265 Chevy. Went to Bonneville last year for the first time, leaving Wed. to enjoy the racing again.
I look forward to checking in here for the latest news.. Thanks Steve

Offline Tman

« Reply #1863 on: August 01, 2011, 03:24:38 PM »
  Been a visitor off and on for awhile, been into hot rods since I was a kid. Pop was a Gm mechanic in the 60's and 70's. Guess I never got "over" this car disease. Currently, driving a '34 Ford 5w with a 265 Chevy. Went to Bonneville last year for the first time, leaving Wed. to enjoy the racing again.
I look forward to checking in here for the latest news.. Thanks Steve

Welcome Steve! Are you taking a Souther Route or passing through Rapid City? I am heading out solo on Thursday. Trent Knight

Offline 18n57

• New folks
« Reply #1864 on: August 02, 2011, 11:35:02 AM »
 I'll be riding passenger this year..stopping in Rapid and Custer to pick up Gene and Kenny. Leave there Thursday morning I suppose

Offline Richie

• New folks
« Reply #1865 on: August 03, 2011, 09:45:32 PM »
howdy, i been lurking here for awhile .. thought i'd check in and introduce myself. I live in florida and not much landspeed racing here though i heard of milemarker1 .. not sure if they still run there

Offline Shaner

• New folks
« Reply #1866 on: August 07, 2011, 01:52:26 PM »
Hello Gear heads and Speed Freaks,
My name is Shane Prescott from upstate  NY        I am a master mechanic,with design and engineering back ground  . I have built and fixed just about anything that rolls or floats. The latest project I will be getting involved with is a fun project involving a small turbine engine.
I am looking for someone going to BUB from the east coast so i can reduce expenses.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #1867 on: August 07, 2011, 02:11:46 PM »
!st. Welcome to the forum. Joe Daly lives in NY and races a motorcycle and is building a car for LSR. He might be going to the Bub meet. He is listed in the members list. Look him up and send him a PM.
his e-mail is chevr55@aol.com
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Dakzila

• 1956 Triumph cub
« Reply #1868 on: August 08, 2011, 11:25:31 AM »
Welcome Shaner,

Would the turbine be for a two or four wheel project?

Buzz 1513 B
"Marred by indecision; vision is blurred, confidence deteriorates and progress stagnates."

"It's not about what you did.....It's about what you do!"

"Regret is part of the aging process and should never be confused with failure."

Offline Bib Overalls

• New folks
« Reply #1869 on: August 14, 2011, 01:31:17 PM »
Never been to Bonneville.  Hope to go someday.  I'm registered on this forum so that I can keep up to date on my friend Danny Burrow and his runs in the Blowfish.

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #1870 on: August 14, 2011, 10:17:40 PM »
Welcome and good luck to your freind. The Blowfish is one bad 'cuda by Mr. T
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Papi

« Reply #1871 on: August 16, 2011, 12:37:22 PM »
Welcome to the wonderful world of LSR!!!   :cheers:
Steve "Papi" Chappell, SCTA-BNI #2230 to 2239
Dirty 2 Club Member, Mojave Mile 2 Club Member
San Diego Roadster Club

Offline PJC

• New folks
« Reply #1872 on: August 22, 2011, 06:13:55 PM »
Well, I finally made it to Bonneville. And myself, two of my sons and a friend had a superb time. You can see my initial report at http://1moremile.blogspot.com/2011/08/bonneville-speed-week-friday-august.html

My name is Pat and I am a "very long time, gear head". I am presently an active Desert Racer competing in Class 1. I have raced in the big Baja races and also the local races in Lucerne, Vegas and Barstow. I was the founder of Off-road.com and operated that publication 'till 2005 when I sold it to Advanstar.

At Bonneville, our group was impressed with the "welcome atmosphere" we received from all SCTA and BNI people without exception. We are also impressed at the incredible variety of vehicles at Bonneville. That variety has sparked more interest and that is why I am on the forum.

A special thanks to Rick MacClean that gave us some great 411 for our first visit to the Salt.

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #1873 on: August 22, 2011, 07:31:41 PM »
Let me be the first to welcome you to the Landracing.com/forum.

Joe

Offline FoundSoul

• MegaSquirt Your Mind!
    • DIYAutoTune.com
« Reply #1874 on: August 23, 2011, 10:43:10 PM »
Long time lurker but haven't posted much.  Name is Jerry Hoffmann, I'm a lifelong car guy dating back to well before I could buy my first car, and quickly reinforced by the work I had to do to keep that pile of crap on the road.  (Actually, the first 3 or 4 cars I had were like that...).  In addition to always being a car guy I'm also a life long computer geek.  Back in 2004 I had a complete and total blessing of an opportunity to marry the two together and founded DIYAutoTune which has become the major manufacturer and distributor of MegaSquirt EMS systems and other DIY EFI bits.  

I've been out for SpeedWeek every year since 2006 crewing for Gary Hart and Mike Collison who run our EMS, except for this year as we just had little girl #3 so I figured it would be a REALLY bad time to abandon the house for a week (and Gary/Mike weren't going to make it this year anyways).  But that said, every year I've been out, I've come home with a bit more 'salt fever', and slowly but surely, plans are coming together to build a car and take it out west.  I bought the chassis last year right after getting home from SpeedWeek, it sat until last week when my absence from the salt ate at me to the point I had to get it out and try to start making some progress on it - so I had my team pull it out of hibernation so we can start prepping it.  The 2010 rulebook has been my constant companion lately, and I've got the 2011 book on the way in case of changes....

I'm hoping to be able to 'pick some brains' around here and find some answers to some of my chassis/suspension/roll cage questions (and I'm sure I'll come up with more), and looking forward to seeing you guys out on the salt next year.  Hopefully with my own car this time.  

-Jerry
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 10:50:59 PM by FoundSoul »
Jerry a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'
http://www.DIYAutoTune.com and http://AMPEFI.com
13 Records total held at the ECTA Ohio Mile (as of 9/2015)
Fastest so far-- AA/BGC Record @ 217.3913mph September 2015  -- MS3Pro Engine Management and a little 3.0 liter

Congrats to our customers:
Lee Sicilio - 1969 Daytona Charger #97 - Bonneville A/BGALT Record Holder - 273.514mph - MegaSquirt-3 EFI and Ignition Control
Gary Hart - 1953 Studebaker #787 - Bonneville AA/BGALT Record Holder - 240.984mph - MegaSquirt-1 EFI and Ignition Control
Frank Kinney - Black Opel Racing #6666 - Bonneville E/GMS Recond Holder - 208.974mph - MegaSquirt-3 EFI and Ignition Control