Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2277882 times)

Offline RichFox

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1800 on: May 30, 2011, 02:14:53 PM »
Let's try this.  Gotcha

Offline RichFox

« Reply #1801 on: May 30, 2011, 02:16:40 PM »
One at a time
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 02:40:41 PM by RichFox »

Offline RichFox

« Reply #1802 on: May 30, 2011, 02:41:55 PM »
And the last. Don't blame me. I'm doing my best. This thing sure pounded ground.

Offline temple2u

• New folks
  • 1979 Bonneville
« Reply #1803 on: May 30, 2011, 03:14:10 PM »
Thank you, Mr. Fox! Be-U-T-Full!

One at a time it is . . . good job!

Temple
"Going Too Fast" is an oxymoron.

Offline temple2u

• New folks
  • 1979 Bonneville
« Reply #1804 on: May 30, 2011, 03:16:24 PM »
And the last. Don't blame me. I'm doing my best. This thing sure pounded ground.

Sorry about the coffee stains on the last pic - I'm pretty sure this picture stayed on my dad's work bench for ponderings . . .

Offline JDear

• New folks
« Reply #1805 on: May 30, 2011, 03:46:58 PM »
My name is Jared Dear and I am a full on car guy and big drag racer with a passion for going fast and learning everything there is to know about cars, performance and going fast! :mrgreen:

I am a mechanic and love working on cars. I am looking for aerodynamic and formula calculation advice, opinions and experience.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #1806 on: May 30, 2011, 07:36:02 PM »
My name is Jared Dear and I am a full on car guy and big drag racer with a passion for going fast and learning everything there is to know about cars, performance and going fast! :mrgreen:

I am a mechanic and love working on cars. I am looking for aerodynamic and formula calculation advice, opinions and experience.

Are you planning to build a LSR vehicle,if so what do you have in mind. where are you located etc. There are people all over the country that can help you with ideas  and safety rules for a build.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline temple2u

• New folks
  • 1979 Bonneville
« Reply #1807 on: May 30, 2011, 09:06:39 PM »
Hi There,
I'm temple2u; Bill Temple's daughter.  I've been trying to set up my account on this site, but can't seem to get a picture of my dad's roadster (a '29 T full blown with 2 land speed records, 1 in gas and 1 in fuel) ran at Bonneville 1974 to  mid 1980's . . . anyways: I'm the middle kid, my brother Greg drove to get one of the records; he inherited the 208 Gotcha roadster, when my pop passed in 1992.

My dad was a very smart man, and knew everything about going fast flat-out; he built the high-boy from the ground up - drew the frame on the floor of the garage with a yellow stick marker, then used a tubing bender by hand to form it . . . I grew up handing him wrenches in the garage - as did my brother, sister and mom making him pitchers of iced coffee throughout the years, keeping him company and listening to yards and yards of racing stories about the old days  . . . .

temple2u
Surprise, AZ

I just wanted to encourage everyone to make a donation, since it's Memorial Day today I made a donation in my dad's memory - Bill Temple - he was a veteran, and very smart guy about going fast . . .

Pic is dad driving at Bonneville in '74

Offline Avanti Kid

• 2006 Member of Bonneville 200 MPH Club
« Reply #1808 on: May 31, 2011, 12:22:15 AM »
Thank you Temple and your brother for sharing those great pictures of your fathers race car, I know you enjoy those great memories and stories your dad told you, and yes "God Bless" our veterans.
 Take care and thanks for getting on this forum,  Dave  :cheers:
Original owner of 1963 Avanti; Age 84
2006 Bonneville 200 MPH Club Member
Canyon Country, CA
215.6 mph 289 CI Studebaker engine

Offline temple2u

• New folks
  • 1979 Bonneville
« Reply #1809 on: May 31, 2011, 01:37:57 AM »
Back at ya, Dave - I'll be going on to some of the Bonneville and El Mirage posts; that way some of the guys there might remember my dad, as well - I have some more pics to post and will do so there.  I've heard from desotoman, the guy who bought GotCha; a real class guy.  Well, enjoy your Memorial Day; God Bless America, our Veterans and you and your family!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #1810 on: May 31, 2011, 08:49:08 AM »
The Old Bonneville Pictures thread may have fotos of your Dads roadster.... if not, please post a couple of them there
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline cold85

• New folks
« Reply #1811 on: May 31, 2011, 04:41:45 PM »
newbie here, i actually registered not for land speed record racing but for drag racing to get some aero pointers on my brick of a car

Offline thejoyofCRX

• New folks
« Reply #1812 on: May 31, 2011, 06:21:05 PM »

Greetings from England ! :-)

Only just found your forum , and had to join in order to broaden my knowledge of the LSR scene.

Really hoping to get to Speed Week one day.

Al.

Offline temple2u

• New folks
  • 1979 Bonneville
« Reply #1813 on: May 31, 2011, 10:28:04 PM »
Thanks Glen for the kind rememberances of my pop.  Yeah, I remember the Gear Grinders T-Shirts and whatnot; Seldom Seen:  I got an album started on Photo Bucket.  Email me how to get them from there to here (on the Bonneville Forum or Photo Gallery). And I just wanted to thank everyone for their help and advisements, on this site.

Offline JDear

• New folks
« Reply #1814 on: June 03, 2011, 07:45:57 PM »

Are you planning to build a LSR vehicle,if so what do you have in mind. where are you located etc. There are people all over the country that can help you with ideas  and safety rules for a build.

No I am not planning on building an LSR car. I have been to Bonneville and love watching those cars and bikes out there cool stuff! I am located in Denver, CO. I have begun my cars transformation into a more aerodynamic brick. I have a full belly pan from the front bumper to the fuel tank in the back, front has a lip that sits 3in off the ground and now I am having trouble desining the rear spoiler/roof extension. I want to make it the most efficient aero way possible.

Could I start a thread in the aero section even though it's not for LSR?