Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2278507 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1725 on: March 20, 2011, 09:01:18 PM »
Well -- about the 130 Club.  You do know that you can find out quite a bit on the USFRA website, don't you?  www.saltflats.com.  As for the stuff other than the basic facts -- sure enough, ask about it and you'll find a good number of folks on this Forum that have run in the quest for the honor of being in the Club.  And - welcome to the landracing.com Forum.  We'll be looking forward to hearing from you often.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline talisman

• New folks
« Reply #1726 on: March 21, 2011, 02:07:04 PM »
Well -- about the 130 Club.  You do know that you can find out quite a bit on the USFRA website, don't you?  www.saltflats.com.  As for the stuff other than the basic facts -- sure enough, ask about it and you'll find a good number of folks on this Forum that have run in the quest for the honor of being in the Club.  And - welcome to the landracing.com Forum.  We'll be looking forward to hearing from you often.

Yep, I'd found that site, too. Already got a lot of useful info from the search function. Thanks!

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #1727 on: March 21, 2011, 03:05:35 PM »
Welcome Eric. If you haven't been to the Texas Mile, come on down to Goliad this weekend. Its not the same as Bonneville but a lot of fun, lots of fast cars and bikes. Also a lot of good people willing to share info and answer questions, some Bonneville people.

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline talisman

• New folks
« Reply #1728 on: March 21, 2011, 06:12:49 PM »
Welcome Eric. If you haven't been to the Texas Mile, come on down to Goliad this weekend. Its not the same as Bonneville but a lot of fun, lots of fast cars and bikes. Also a lot of good people willing to share info and answer questions, some Bonneville people.

Fred

Unfortunately I'm moving this weekend. Luckily I'm planning for 2012, so I've got plenty of time!

DocBeech

« Reply #1729 on: March 22, 2011, 09:29:08 AM »
moving to where Eric? Im over in highland park if you ever want to swap ideas.

Offline dw230

« Reply #1730 on: March 22, 2011, 12:30:06 PM »
"Luckily I'm planning for 2012, so I've got plenty of time!

I love it when the new guys come aboard. "...plenty of time..." ha, ha, ha.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline ghornbostel

• New folks
« Reply #1731 on: March 25, 2011, 05:19:21 PM »
Hello, my name is Greg Hornbostel, I live in Deshler, Nebraska and I'm here to scratch a itch that started about 40 years ago by two fellows,Roy Heyne and Bill Kenz.  Roy grew up in sothern California and had a lot of stories to tell about "the lakes" during the 1930s.  I think most people here probably know who Bill Kenz was.  I worked for Roy in his resto shop,Old Car Garage, in Mead, Colorado and Bill would come up from Denver to pick over his brains about Ford 4s of which he was building one for Bonneville.  Roy had a A and a Funk airplane engine that he was working on.  I have no idea wither either car was finished only that the stories were intoxicating.  Forty years later and I finally bought a SCTA rules book after a flare-up of that itch.  I was hoping that would make it go away but it just seems to itch all over now :-o.  I've been using the dirt roads in Nebraska to test the tune of various small displacement motorcycles for sometime and would like to see what it would take to transfer that to Bonneville.  Maybe something will happen and maybe not.

Offline Richard 2

• 2 Richards Racing
« Reply #1732 on: March 25, 2011, 06:38:01 PM »
Hello Larry, Here's a link to a video about Kenz and Leslie kinda neat.
Richard

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=2903
219.648 mph F/BFMR 2010 Record
4 cylinder Esslinger
Could of had a V8

Offline CHAMP|t

• New folks
« Reply #1733 on: March 28, 2011, 12:43:30 AM »
Hey all, chiming in from Baghdad, Iraq for the next few months.  My wife and I are from the Kansas City area, and we "gotta thang" for fast means of transportation.  Land speed is an aspect of racing I really haven't been involved with yet.  I have a soft spot for drag racing... have been doing that since my ride of choice was a Schwinn.  My wife pretty much grew up on the drag strip, with her dad running everything from classic MOPARS to alcohol 454 powered rails, so you can imagine the history there.  I myself have worked the local dragstrip to include coverage for LightningFest, LXnationals, V-Rod Nationals, "Pinks" episode, etc... yeah that was a fun time in life. 

Anyways, I hope to contribute the (I'm sure) comparatively little I know of things that go fast and hopefully get something on say... the Texas Mile by the time I get back into the states for the 2012 season.  Taking small steps so I don't overdue myself and break a serious budget.  I'm not that partial to any manufacturer, I just appreciate proper machinery from good craftsmanship, regardless the name on it. 

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #1734 on: March 28, 2011, 10:53:55 AM »
 :cheers:  Welcome to lsr.com!  And,  thank you for doing what your doing for us.  An old Viet Nam vet appreciates it !    Crow.  LFFL
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #1735 on: March 31, 2011, 09:05:02 PM »
Ahem, allow me to re-introduce myself!!   :roll:   Yep, it's me, the Witch at Land's End!!  Been gone awhile, but all is good!!  Got a "good" job in Wendover....see, hadta get closer to the salt!!  Have the races guaranteed off...can't beat that!!  I just got the internet hooked up about 10 minutes ago and had to let you all know, "I Baaaaaaaaack!!"   I work the graveyard shift, so I've gotta get my behind to bed.  Sure feels good to be back!

Good luck to all of you who are racing.  Congratulations to all of you who have finished your builds.  But mostly......you're running out of time GET THOSE BUILDS DONE!!!!!!!!!

Gee, wasn't it quiet while I was gone?   :evil:   

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1736 on: March 31, 2011, 09:11:37 PM »
Lynda -- well, how nice to hear you're back with us.  I guess the reports of your demise were a bit overstated.  Yes, the place hasn't been the same without you - that's for sure.  Now -- is that a bad thing?

I'll let one and all give their opinions, but whatever -- Nancy and I welcome you back to landracing.com & the Forum.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #1737 on: March 31, 2011, 10:19:50 PM »
Welcome back we have missed you. I dont care what they say. :roll: We love ya
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Avanti Kid

• 2006 Member of Bonneville 200 MPH Club
« Reply #1738 on: March 31, 2011, 10:53:37 PM »
Welcome "Champ", and we thank you for your service to our country, I was in the USAF stationed in Turkey for 18 months (1959 to 1961), watch out you may get Salt Fever,
and Lynda, welcome back, my race team will see ya at Speed Week, the old 48 year old Avanti is ready for racing at El Mirage in May, June, then Bonneville in August, save me a spot in the pits, ha-ha  :roll:Take care, Dave (Avanti Kid racing)
Original owner of 1963 Avanti; Age 84
2006 Bonneville 200 MPH Club Member
Canyon Country, CA
215.6 mph 289 CI Studebaker engine

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #1739 on: April 01, 2011, 01:17:47 AM »
Welcome back Lynda. We'll look forward to you keeping us in line back on chat.

Pete