Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2278568 times)

Offline RidgeRunner

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1710 on: March 06, 2011, 12:45:41 AM »
Email sent

Ed

Offline relaxedphit

• Organ Donor...refrigerate after opening
« Reply #1711 on: March 07, 2011, 09:08:07 PM »
Gary, you are in good company. I believe Bill Warner(WildBros) started with Mr. Max. Come on down to Maxton, you won't believe the friendly folks willing to answer any questions, the tech people are a great place to start (once they have time).

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1712 on: March 07, 2011, 09:30:25 PM »
Indeed, Bill was riding/racing his home-fuel-injected V-Max when I first got to know him.  He even let me make a pass on the bike - out on the long course at Bonneville.  Whoo-hoo, that was absolutely dandy.  Thanks again, Bill.  And Gary -- sure, come up to Maxton with or without the bike.  It'd be fine to meet you in person.  It's easy to find me - since my main duty there is to be a bike inspector.  See you soon?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Lycan Racing

« Reply #1713 on: March 08, 2011, 04:53:20 AM »
Thanks for the welcome guys! I will be working at running Maxton this year... not sure what the date will be. Looking forward to meeting you all! Slim I'll probably have question or 2 for you before hand.

Thanks again,
Gary

Offline SPROCKITSGIRLx

• New folks
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1714 on: March 14, 2011, 08:44:38 PM »
Hey all.. My name is Beth aka Sprockitsgirl.

my boyfriend is Sprockit and he's obsessed with bonneville...to say the least.

i've been supportive cuz i know its what his dream is, and im always there. i've learned more about cars in the past 3 yrs than i've ever learned before in my life.

i'm pretty easy going, unfortunately i drive a hyundai, but im in college so it works for me just fine. i love love love the sound a turbocharger makes when you step on it... i cannot wait until the day comes when i'll have the chance (and $$) to come with sprockit to bonneville...

*sprockitsgirl
*sprockitsgirlxo

Offline Avanti Kid

• 2006 Member of Bonneville 200 MPH Club
« Reply #1715 on: March 14, 2011, 11:08:53 PM »
Welcome Beth,to our Land Speed racing, be careful you may get salt fever like your boyfriend,  :cheers: Dave
Original owner of 1963 Avanti; Age 84
2006 Bonneville 200 MPH Club Member
Canyon Country, CA
215.6 mph 289 CI Studebaker engine

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #1716 on: March 15, 2011, 11:26:56 AM »
 Welcome!  And watch out stepping on thoseTurbo's,,, ya could hurt yourself! lolol     Crow.  LFFL
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline zenndog

« Reply #1717 on: March 15, 2011, 01:30:26 PM »
Hello, my name is Zenon. I grew up in Van Nuys, CA. My father is a machinist and I grew up in a shop. I am not exactly a gear head but have a bunch of old cars, some mildly souped up.
      I found this site because my father and I just purchased all remaining inventory of timing covers and water pumps made by JFK co. My father worked there in the 70's. I found a thread on this site where JFK water pumps were mentioned.
      These are timing covers for small block chevy engines which allow use of crank and cam driven accessories. The water pumps can be crank or cam driven.
      If there is a for sale thread on this forum I will list them there. Otherwise I will be checking out the forum.

Thanks, Zenon

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1718 on: March 15, 2011, 07:45:00 PM »
Zenon, hey?  Unh, mmm, that's an unusual name.  But then, so is Seldom Seen Slim, so have at it.

Yes, there is a way to offer stuff for sale on landracing.com.  On the home page of the Forum (not the home page of the site, but the page you get when you first-thing click "LSR Forums") you should scroll down a ways.  You'll find there two for sale categories.  "For sale by private parties" is for racers trying to sell a this or a that that they've acquired and don't need anymore, for instance.  Low volume, not in it to make profits, but rather to clean out the shop and hopefully generate a bit of cash.

The other for sale category is "For sale by small business" -- and that's where I expect your listings ought to go.  I assume from your post that you've got a quantity of timing covers and water pumps and whatever else that you'd like to sell -- for enough to get your investment back and maybe more, maybe a big bunch more.  For sale by small business ads do require you to pay the site a bit for the privilege of listing there.  Contact me for further details and the cost.  I'll give you this hint -- it isn't much.

Welcome to the land of land speed racing, Zenon.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline zenndog

« Reply #1719 on: March 16, 2011, 02:16:56 AM »
Zenon was my grandfathers name, it is Polish. And so is part of me. Z

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
« Reply #1720 on: March 16, 2011, 09:39:53 AM »
Dzien dobry!
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Alakso

« Reply #1721 on: March 16, 2011, 04:54:41 PM »
Hi, nice meeting everyone, my name is Alakso and I'm from the Penobscot Nation in central Maine. I have an '09 Busa that I'm in the beginning process of setting up for Loring. Won't be ready to run Loring this year but will be ready by 2012. Looking forward to attending Loring this summer though and hope everyone who does run Loring this summer achieves their personal best and everyone goes home safe and sound. 
:cheers:

Alakso

Offline jdilly

• New folks
« Reply #1722 on: March 16, 2011, 07:48:24 PM »
Hi, my name is Jon. I live in poland maine,and work at L-A Harley in Lewiston Maine.I have a turbo harley screaming eagle road glide that I am getting ready for loring this summer.I am really stoked to go fast. I have the motor torn down for some upgrades, hope to have it running in april, and on the dyno in june.

Offline coloradodave

« Reply #1723 on: March 17, 2011, 08:57:50 AM »
Welcome Jon, do you have any photos you can post of your Roadglide? and what turbo set up are you running? :-D
Dave
No regrets

Offline talisman

• New folks
« Reply #1724 on: March 20, 2011, 08:01:29 PM »
Hello there. My name is Eric, and I live in Arlington, Texas. Joined up to get some info about joining the 130mph club and to learn as much as I can about the salt flats and what to expect.