Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2277786 times)

Offline MattStrube

• New folks
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1605 on: December 31, 2010, 06:29:42 PM »
Not yet, when is that?

Welcome Matt, always good to have another Texan on here. Have You been to the Texas Mile.

Fred

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1606 on: December 31, 2010, 07:27:11 PM »
Oh.  Yeah, I guess I've heard they've got an Austin in Texas, but I'd forgot.  Do they make anything great, like Spam, in your Austin?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Tman

« Reply #1607 on: December 31, 2010, 08:01:44 PM »
Welcome Matt, new here as well.  talked to your brother the other night, need a wrapup on the roadster!

He has been a good inspiration in my hotrodding for 10 years.  :cheers:

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #1608 on: December 31, 2010, 08:52:29 PM »
Oh.  Yeah, I guess I've heard they've got an Austin in Texas, but I'd forgot.  Do they make anything great, like Spam, in your Austin?

I understand they make legislation in Austin, and that the process is more akin to making sausage than delicious, nutritious Spam.  But I also hear that they're making both with a little less pork these days.

Welcome aboard, Matt.  :cheers:
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #1609 on: December 31, 2010, 08:58:11 PM »
Unh, Chris, after the recent election -- I think you'll be seeing far MORE pork than ever - in Washington if not in Austin, MN.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #1610 on: December 31, 2010, 10:56:57 PM »
Matt, Google Texas Mile, I would put up a link but dont know how. Ok I just looked and there is a link on the left side of the landracing.com home page.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Charlie Chops 1940

• New folks
« Reply #1611 on: January 01, 2011, 04:22:00 PM »
My name is Charlie Gould from Muskegon, Michigan

I wanted to go to Bonneville all my life and finally went the first time to the 50th in 1998. Once I got there I was surprised to see a number of guys I knew from my hot rodding background. So, I've been back a number of times and met the #974 Studebaker crew and owner/driver and have crewed with them 4 or 5 times. What a great event and what a fantastic group of car guys. I went last in 2009 and can hardly wait to go again.

I joined the board a couple months ago but just never got around to an intro. Thought I ought to so I won't get blasted right away first time I post.

Charlie

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #1612 on: January 01, 2011, 04:32:05 PM »
Charlie, just so you don't feel you've done something wrong, I'll be glad to try to figure out how to blast you away.  It's not something I usually do - so I'l have to think about it for a while, okay?  In the meantime if you've got some favorite touchy points on which I could focus in my upcoming blast -- let me know so I can fine-tune my disagreeability, okay?

Thanks, and welcome to the Forum.  You aren't the only troll on the Forum, you probably know, so keep an eye out for folks in your neck of the woods that'll share the fun with an occasional visit or cup of coffee on a slow Saturday morning.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Tman

« Reply #1613 on: January 01, 2011, 04:37:55 PM »
My name is Charlie Gould from Muskegon, Michigan

I wanted to go to Bonneville all my life and finally went the first time to the 50th in 1998. Once I got there I was surprised to see a number of guys I knew from my hot rodding background. So, I've been back a number of times and met the #974 Studebaker crew and owner/driver and have crewed with them 4 or 5 times. What a great event and what a fantastic group of car guys. I went last in 2009 and can hardly wait to go again.

I joined the board a couple months ago but just never got around to an intro. Thought I ought to so I won't get blasted right away first time I post.

Charlie

I'll blast ya....................but you know I would be joking since we are pals anyway! :-D If Hooley cant keep you busy we will need help from someone that knows what the hell they are doing

Offline turbo325ii

• New folks
« Reply #1614 on: January 05, 2011, 11:17:52 PM »
Hello there.  My name is Brett Woffinden.  I raced for my first time last year in the 130mph club and successfully did that.  This year I hope to go a little faster!  I race my little 1989 BMW 325i Turbo. :D 

Went to the usfra meeting tonight and got my rule book and met Ray the Rat and some others.  Great to be here!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #1615 on: January 05, 2011, 11:29:39 PM »
Brett, if you are staying in 130 club, just be careful to not go too much faster
Oh, welcome to the fun, sorry can't recommend a 12 step program to stop, but I can recommend one to get in deeper...  :-o
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline turbo325ii

• New folks
« Reply #1616 on: January 06, 2011, 12:11:15 PM »
Brett, if you are staying in 130 club, just be careful to not go too much faster
Oh, welcome to the fun, sorry can't recommend a 12 step program to stop, but I can recommend one to get in deeper...  :-o

When I say a little faster, I mean, I want to run in my class on the long course for the record... not that I'm going to break it...  I have ALL of my safety stuff to buy, so maybe it wont happen until 2012, but we will see!  I still cant figure out what class I am in.. Modified coupe, or something like that...

My specs are: 

1989 BMW 325i coupe

1998  2.8l motor swap with turbo

factory body ect ect...

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #1617 on: January 06, 2011, 04:03:42 PM »
Looks like F/Blown Gas Coupe to me.  BV record 202 by a Citroen(sp?)!

But what do I know -- I'm a roadster toad.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline dw230

« Reply #1618 on: January 06, 2011, 04:31:46 PM »
Actually, bumped to 203.7 by the Road and Track Suzuki last August.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline turbo325ii

• New folks
« Reply #1619 on: January 06, 2011, 04:37:31 PM »
Looks like F/Blown Gas Coupe to me.  BV record 202 by a Citroen(sp?)!

But what do I know -- I'm a roadster toad.

Stan

Yeah, your correct!  I called this guy doug robinson who was very helpful in finding my class. :)  It can be so confusing reading this rule book!  haha

Ok, now Im shooting for 210mph or whatever I can get to break the record!  REally I just wanna hit 200mph!