Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2276815 times)

Offline Peter Jack

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1530 on: October 14, 2010, 12:01:05 AM »
We want to see the truck ------------- on the salt!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :-D

Pete

Offline relaxedphit

• Organ Donor...refrigerate after opening
« Reply #1531 on: October 14, 2010, 07:53:11 AM »
SPROCKIT--Come on down to Maxton,NC (ECTA). We run 5 times a year and Loring (LTA) in Maine is a great course - I am told (haven't gotten to go yet). They hold one meet a year and may expand soon. Most of these meets are before Bonneville so you can tune up.

Offline SPROCKIT

• New folks
« Reply #1532 on: October 14, 2010, 09:14:55 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome.

id love to see the truck -----on the salt too lol

i got sum pix of me on the salt wanna see them?

Offline relaxedphit

« Reply #1533 on: October 15, 2010, 07:43:57 AM »
Sure Part of the fun of this forum is get to see other people's cars/bike and their builds.

Offline SPROCKIT

• New folks
« Reply #1534 on: October 15, 2010, 02:50:58 PM »
oops, their on my other comp

Offline 4doorvett

• New folks
« Reply #1535 on: October 17, 2010, 12:40:27 AM »
I see a lot of crazy bastards in here ,so I figured I'd fit right in! I'm going to enter my LT1 powered Chevy Caprice Classic B4U in 2011 and I'm really excited about it! We just installed 3:73's in her this summer so I'm guessing it will run under the 135 MPH guideline. With the 2:93's It would run 135-140 MPH stock. BTW I am from western Maine so It's still a days drive for me. Back in 1992 I did some work for the DOD up there, so it will be nice to return.  Tom 

DocBeech

« Reply #1536 on: October 17, 2010, 02:20:05 AM »
Hey guys my names Doc. It really is Doc too if your interested in that part. Im 25 years old and just got out after 6 years as a line corpsman with 3rd recon. I drive a 1958 porsche and a 2004 mazda speed rx8. I served 2 1/2 years in iraq. I currently work at a hospital in dallas. I really don't know what else to put other than I am going for the stock H class land speed record in my mazda rx8. The current record is 145 which I believe I can beat. I joined these forums to ask all you experienced guys as to what I can change on the stock vehicle and still run. I posted that already though:P If anyone has any other questions Im always open to answer them. Even from time to time I give a little medical advice but not much lol.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #1537 on: October 17, 2010, 09:19:53 AM »
Welcome to all who share our addiction to salt and long stretches of pavement meant for airplanes but used by land vehicles.

kryolite0, if you are a person please accept my apology for thinking you are a spambot and zapping you.  If you are a spambot, I suggest you go elsewhere....  :x
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline dw230

« Reply #1538 on: October 17, 2010, 01:11:31 PM »
Doc,

First, thank you for your service.

If your RX8 is a rotary you will have x3 engine factor so you may not really be in class H. Make sure you have a written clarification from the SCTA, GT/Mod Sports committee that your car is in fact a Production class and not a GT.

Just a couple of basics, good luck,
DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline RVJ

• New folks
« Reply #1539 on: October 17, 2010, 03:06:52 PM »
First things first...Hello to all !!
I just registered in your forum, and have been reading from it for a while now..
Have always been interested in the unblown lower classes, like Gas Coupe and Pro.

Plan to go see a Maxton or Bonneville event next year...
Thanks
Ricardo

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #1540 on: October 17, 2010, 03:37:13 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Going to a LSR event will become a life time fever. Requires a yearly fix. Join us on the chat line on Tuesday night and tell us about yourself.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline RVJ

• New folks
« Reply #1541 on: October 17, 2010, 03:51:13 PM »
Thank you Glen.
 Already waiting for a rule book, so who knows...might end up selling my road race cars and change venues completely!
Just a couple of old VW GT cars, nothing high-dollar anyways...but they keep me busy.

At 55 ( age, not speed), drag race and SCCA open wheel formula cars just don't seem to have much appeal any more.

Ricardo

« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 04:06:02 PM by RVJ »

Offline grant8605

• New folks
« Reply #1542 on: October 19, 2010, 12:59:44 PM »
Hey! My name's Grant, and I'm from Dayton Ohio.

Currently, I ride track days on my Suzuki SV650 in the advanced group at Mid-Ohio sports car course, but would like to make it down to Maxton at some point (not on an SV). I joined this forum to get as much information as possible on building an LSR bike. I would have gone about the whole trackday thing differently, had I gotten more information before hand, and would not like to make the same mistake in this venture.

My intent is not to break any records (as I have nowhere near the kind of funding or mechanical know-how I would imagine one would need to do that), but rather to see what it's like to go 200 MPH. This is a life goal of mine (as was making it to A-group). My fastest so far is 150 (on an '03 ZR7S), but I know that next 50 Mph is a big, big step.

I would imaging this isn't something you just go out and do, but given today's motorcycle technology, I would think someone could come pretty close to my goal, without going too crazy with modifying the bike.

That's it for now, I'm off to go post in other threads, and see if I can get some advice from the bike guys/gals here. Thanks for reading....................

Offline relaxedphit

« Reply #1543 on: October 19, 2010, 06:50:18 PM »
There are some venues and events that only people running on records can compete, but ECTA is not one of them. I don't come close to running near (I mean by about 70 mph) my class records;
 but everyone who is safety concious and courtious is welcomed here. Just about every person you will meet will do what they can to help you achieve your personal goals. Seeing what you can get out of your equipment and yourself, in as safe a manner as can be provided, is the goal for many of us. Welcome and come on down.

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #1544 on: October 19, 2010, 08:50:55 PM »
Grant ... get a rule book ... d

Joe