Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2277079 times)

Offline hawkenz

• New folks
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1485 on: September 08, 2010, 12:46:25 PM »
My Name is Phil Hawkins and I'm a "Salt" junkie.....

Back at the Flats this year (3rd year now) to document the Norton Effort on the salt for the Factory.

Ran into "Bo" one of your members on his Triumph Bonneville (also my ride of choice) and thought I'd stop in and check it out.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1486 on: September 08, 2010, 01:49:15 PM »
Hello, Phil -- and welcome to this Forum.  It's THE place where a whole bunch of racers and folks interested in dry lakes racing hang out.  If you truly have enjoyed (not suffered) the bite towards addiction -- join the group and enjoy the ride.  We're relatively selfish about our stuff, so don't talk much about certain subjects or you'll be subject of certain ridicule (subjects such as a well-known American racing effort known by its' six-letter name).

So - back to you.  Where are you?  Tell us a bit about yourself, hey?

Best wishes --

Jon a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline geezer1

« Reply #1487 on: September 08, 2010, 08:59:06 PM »
Hello to all Maxton Bound Racers,
I'm Geo Turner, on this forum as Geezer1. My team from Michigan is hard at it getting ready for Maxton later this month. We've been to Maxton twice now - went in April with the old Mercedes 'cuz the Firebird wasn't ready - what a great group of people! Brian Acton and Ben Herr went back with the Firebird in May - went 172 with the rear window flapping in the breeze. Just about gave Keith and Joe a heart attack! I think that we are ready this time, maybe the chute will blossom behind the car, rather than under it! Stop over and say hello - we're really glad to be a part of your great event!
PRESS ON REGARDLESS!
Geezer Racing - (Turner/Herr/Mclellan/Acton/Pranger/Acton/Acton /McDonald/Hascall/Patul)
Trever is in at over 210!!!!!(17 yrs. old) Kyle is in at over 212!!!!! (16 yrs' old)
2 Wins in the Hot Rod Top Speed Challenge in Super Street 2014-2015
5 Different Geezer Drivers set records at Maxton, Loring, and Ohio
We also had the honor to have the fastest Innkeeper in Wilmington Ohio in the Geezer Express
Thank you ECTA and our great LSR Friends! Press On Regardless!!

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #1488 on: September 09, 2010, 07:07:31 AM »
Geezer ... you dont have to reintroduce yourself ... you are now a landspeed racer ... see you at Maxton ... Joe

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #1489 on: September 10, 2010, 08:42:20 PM »
Geezer What Number and Color is your Firebird ?  where do you pit ?

See u in a few weeks.

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

D400

« Reply #1490 on: September 11, 2010, 04:48:59 PM »
 :-) Hi everyone.  My name is Barry Werner.  I live in Bedminster, PA, which is a suburb of Philadelphia.  I come and look around the website every day but do not login.  I think it is about time to introduce myself and start logging in.  I came down to Maxton last year to the October meet.  Well I have been an avid drag race fan/racer for over 30 years and never experienced the warmth and friendliness of everyone we came in contact with over that weekend.  I knew then that this is where I should be racing.  I am in the process of building an '82 Dodge 400 for the F/Pro class.  I hope to be down racing it at Maxton early next year.  In the meantime, my wife, one daughter and I are making plans to come down to Maxton in October to spectate and are looking forward to meeting everyone again.  We were the ones with the Mopar sweatshirts on last year and probably will have them on again this year depending on the weather.  We look forward to seeing you soon.

Barry

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #1491 on: September 11, 2010, 05:26:22 PM »
Barry, welcome aboard the LSR site. Even us west coasters will talk to you. Good luck on the project and enjoy the new chapter in your life. Have fun at Maxton. We are having a lakes meet tomorrow at El Mirage but I can't make this one. Should be some results up tomorrow night or monday.
 :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Jamezilla

• New folks
« Reply #1492 on: September 13, 2010, 03:20:17 AM »
Hi all
My name is James and I live in Melbourne, Australia.
I'm keen to get to the 2011 World of Speed to take on the 130mph Club. Or, if the right vehicle presents itself, the 150mph Club.
Would I be the first Aussie to do so?

I've tried my hand at drags, circuit, autocross, hillclimbs and tarmac rallies - the salt is the one place I've never been to, and yet always been fascinated by.

I'm trying to learn as much as I can before committing to a car purchase in the US, but hope to make it there for September next year.

Cheers
James

Offline thefrenchowl

« Reply #1493 on: September 13, 2010, 04:19:44 PM »
Hi All,

I'm Patrick, a Frenchman, but been living in Great Britain since December 1984, motorcycle nuthead...

I specially like all sorts of vintage bikes, say till 1970, H-Ds in general and K/Sportsters in particular.

Bonneville has long been a dream, and as I'm not getting any younger, I've decided to build a bike for the Salts... Next to no budget, but I've got some cycle parts I can use without too much mods... Engine I haven't got yet but know where it is, I hope I'll get it soon (or borrow from its owner  :-D  :-D  :-D!!!)

In the meantime, I'm reading/learning a lot from this site, so, see you around soon when I'll go into details of this built...

Patrick Delli
Flat Head Forever

...What exactly are we trying to do here?...

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1494 on: September 13, 2010, 09:23:20 PM »
Ah, once more I get to say it -- Welcome, Patrick.  I'm glad you've found this site -- 'cause many racers (and folks that are interested in dry lakes racing, whether at Bonneville or anyplace else in the world) hang around here.  Visit frequently, ask questions, make plans, build something -- and enjoy the fun we all share.

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #1495 on: September 14, 2010, 12:30:19 AM »
Patrick, there are is no shortage of pre-codger guys on a budget in this sport.  Welcome aboard.

Offline relaxedphit

• Organ Donor...refrigerate after opening
« Reply #1496 on: September 14, 2010, 12:37:11 PM »
Geezer-- Love your closing comment on you intro post. That's pretty much the way I explain the spelling of my last name-Ken Presson

Offline geezer1

« Reply #1497 on: September 14, 2010, 03:05:36 PM »
Hello KenPressOnregardless,
That saying is part of our family. My Godfather,who died at almost 99 (still grabbing the girls), lived by it. So do I and so do my kids. Hope to meet you at Maxton next week.

Geo Turner
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 04:24:14 PM by geezer1 »
Geezer Racing - (Turner/Herr/Mclellan/Acton/Pranger/Acton/Acton /McDonald/Hascall/Patul)
Trever is in at over 210!!!!!(17 yrs. old) Kyle is in at over 212!!!!! (16 yrs' old)
2 Wins in the Hot Rod Top Speed Challenge in Super Street 2014-2015
5 Different Geezer Drivers set records at Maxton, Loring, and Ohio
We also had the honor to have the fastest Innkeeper in Wilmington Ohio in the Geezer Express
Thank you ECTA and our great LSR Friends! Press On Regardless!!

Offline Briz

• Custom cycle developments
« Reply #1498 on: September 15, 2010, 04:01:23 PM »
Greetings folks; I'm Briz, I'm from Norfolk, England, and I think I'm getting sucked into this LSR stuff....
I run a custom motorcycle frame building business - Custom Cycle Developments - I built Sumos twin engined Panther frame seen in the build diaries.
I got a project in mind (which I'll ask questions about shortly) which could end up in me coming over in 2012 with Sumo Desperate & co....if they'll let me! Early days yet, of course.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #1499 on: September 15, 2010, 04:08:43 PM »
Briz, welcome to the forum, we will look forward to your build.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah