Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2277089 times)

Offline Rootz

• New folks
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1470 on: August 18, 2010, 08:34:28 PM »
Welcome,

Wayne, Matt, Spence, Jason, Andy and Chris.

Most everyone is busy with Speedweek as you have seen.  Be sure to post a build diary in the appropriate place.

Good luck Andy!

Where is you machine shop Chris?

Spence you are still young, just ask Glen.

Wayne careful the salt will get you!

Matt watch for someone who needs help and volunteer.

Geo

Thanks for the welcome Geo, and the good wishes. Will let you know how I get on.

Cheerz,

Rootz

Offline MrkCat37

• New folks
« Reply #1471 on: August 18, 2010, 10:24:51 PM »
Hi, Mark here.  I've always liked going fast, and now I'm ready to get serious.  Lurked around for a while reading and learning, thought is was time to introduce myself. By the way I'm down here in So-Cal near Riverside.

Mark

Offline UTGinger

• New folks
« Reply #1472 on: August 19, 2010, 11:56:28 PM »
Hi!  I'm Ginger and I'm fortunate enough to live just 2 hours away from the salt flats.  I've been a spectator the past 4 years.  Myself and our growing party can't imagine missing a year. 

Thanks SCTA for making Speed Week possible.  Thanks also to the BLM for the awesome camping spot at Bend in the Road! 

See you all next year.  :-)

~Ginger

Offline BOOOGHAR

• New folks
« Reply #1473 on: August 21, 2010, 12:29:06 PM »
hello peeps, my name is charles aka boooghar, I came over from www.bangshift.com and want to learn as much as i can bout LSR cars, the guys over at the BS site have renewed my interest in it and i hope to make it to the salt on 2011 as a spectator and fingers crossed compete in 2012 with hopes of hitting the 200mph mark 3 years after that. So bear with me, im sure im going to be asking questions that have already been asked but i'll be using the search button as well

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1474 on: August 21, 2010, 12:33:22 PM »
Glad to see you managed to get registered, Boooghar.  I did see your request for help - and before I could do anything, wha-zaam, here you are.  Welcome.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline BOOOGHAR

• New folks
« Reply #1475 on: August 21, 2010, 04:10:59 PM »
thank you slim, i know you guys are unwinding from speedweek, didnt want to rush anything

electricnick

« Reply #1476 on: August 21, 2010, 11:41:05 PM »
Hi! I'm Nick, a LSR fanatic with an engineering background. I ran a bike with a frame of my own connstruction (featherbed flavored Trident) in 07. I'm looking for a retired or stalled streamliner project to put a new design BLDC motor and battery technology into for next year speed week. I'll also put this in the for sale section. Any leads would be helpful! I'm going for the under 1099 lb class if I can't find a donor 'liner. Yes! The batteries and motor are that light! :-D

Offline Biggles

• New folks
  • Flatheads Forever
« Reply #1477 on: August 24, 2010, 08:38:37 AM »
Hello from England.
The racing Batten Special is my passion - had him for 36 years - speed hill climbs and sprints and great fun on the road. 1932 Ford chassis, hot flathead V8 with three 48s, Cad LaSalle transmission, banjo rear end.
I lived in SoCal for a few years and knew an old lakester called Tom Hutchinson in Baldwin Park/La Puente, east of LA, but I think he's passed on. Tom regaled me with tales of racing his flatties on the Salt. It's time I did that myself before it's too late.
Happy to be here and hope to contribute a little and learn a lot.
Onwards and upwards,
Biggles.

Offline formerice

• New folks
« Reply #1478 on: August 25, 2010, 05:57:01 PM »
 Hi everyone, my name is John Hutchins. I'm from Penobscot, Maine and I build the world's fastest diesel powered Lobster Boats. I also own 2 Dodge hemis, a 2005 QC 4X4 Hemi Ram and a 2005 RT Magnum. Both are cammed and are set up with 100 shots of nitrous. I also have a 1952 Willys Aero that I'd like to build into a hemi powered street rod, drag car. BTW, my RT Magnum has nearly 200,000 hard miles!  :cheers:

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #1479 on: August 25, 2010, 06:31:42 PM »
How do you get the lobsters to eat the diesel?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

rick harden

« Reply #1480 on: August 29, 2010, 12:39:04 PM »
Hello, My name is Rick Harden from Conroe Texas. I'm a auto repair master tech and shop owner, I have built several drag cars, SCCA road race cars and I have been involved with racing cars for 30+ years. I have been to Speed Week in 09 as crew chief for the 497 C/GT corvette and crew chief and co-driver for Speed Week 2010. I have made 4 passes on the salt and hold a "A" license with a 227.2 exit speed. Our team, Team ZR1 / has minimal experience with the salt and our learning curve is like the wall of air we hit @ 219. MPH in 09 and 225.9 in 2010. I have to give major credit to the people on this sight that have shared the experience both good and bad to our success of our build. Sure is a nice feeling to get a new car and driver to pass tech. 2 years in a row without any problems and to receive compliments on our build from the inspectors.  We are looking at the possibility of getting into the 2-club with a few changes as we only need a clean pass (or 2) and 5 more mph. I may seem to be slow or not up to speed to get to this introduction out but I will try and do what i can to catch up and share what I can. Texas Children's Hospital thanks all who have donated, 25,000.$$  :-D and still growing!!!!!

idefendm

Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1481 on: August 29, 2010, 03:49:16 PM »
Hi, My name is Alan. Just a note to say "Hello", and apprise you of the establishment of Motor-Scooter International Land-Speed Federation and the hosting of our First Annual Motor-Scooter Land-Speed Trials, November 21st 2010, El Mirage Dry Lake, CA. The reason for yet another organization is fully explained on our website www.motorscooterlandspeedfederation.org.

Offline 1320

• New folks
« Reply #1482 on: September 05, 2010, 10:16:01 PM »
Im Jon Whittington from las vegas nv. This year (2010) was my first year at the salt. Me and a few freinds came up for learning. Im a fabricator and racer of pretty much everything. I race myself in triathlons, a few bikes at the drag strip,  lots and lots of cars, and even the occasional go carts, autocross, road race, and offroad stuff.

My days are used up, building engines, doing chassis work, and fabing custom turbo systems with my mandrel bender in my small shop.

Now, its just a question of what Ill be bringing to the salt next year.........

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #1483 on: September 06, 2010, 12:40:45 PM »
Jon, welcome to the forum. Now that you have been to the salt and have been injected with the forever life time case of salt fever your life will start to change. There is many ways to get started salt racing and once you drive down the course you will wonder why you waited so long. There are a few racers in your area that run on the salt. Jim Price is a local and knows all of the rest. Jim is a good contact. There are a bunch in Pahrumph as well. Enjoy LSR.
 :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline peterdallan

« Reply #1484 on: September 08, 2010, 06:55:06 AM »
Hi,

My name is Peter Allan and I hail from Surrey in the UK. I have just started a project in collaboration with Barons Speed Shop here in the UK. Basis for the build is a 1960 Triumph 6T 650cc pre-unit motor. I hope to be joining the other Brits at Bonneville in time for August 2012.

cheers

Peter